Grinding Gear Games feature on Gameplanet.co.nz

That was a really solid video. Good information and shows a real down to earth team before they explode ;)
Great video, thanks a lot!
Great interview Chris! Very interesting about the microtransation, especially how you are calling them 'Ethical Microtransactions'. I was curious what you meant by that and was good to hear the explanation.

What I'm interested in is what you described was almost akin to a Mod for the game. Do you think the Mod mindset of the past for players and the idea that this should be free will affect how player purchase these transactions?
"So Shines a Good Deed in a Weary World" - Willy Wonker
Last edited by PoERickety on Jun 29, 2011, 10:16:38 AM
"
Septile wrote:

A lot of companies start out pretty good with microtransactions, then they get bought out by some big company and start pushing out bullshit microtransactions.

Lets hope that this is not the case and for gods sake throw them some cash through the microtransactions. Then they will keep this sweet looking game alive for the next decade :)

edit: btw looking good chris, can see the comparison with the marauder...
Last edited by Jurge on Jun 30, 2011, 7:08:05 AM
If your "ethical" microtransactions really bring in the necessary funds, then that would be really amazing. Somehow, it sounds very optimistic! Let us hope that it works - I suppose developers have good reasons to say that it will.
And if it doesn't, well, I would hold no grudge. The game would still be amazing, and you gotta do what you gotta do!
"
Kostrowicki wrote:
If your "ethical" microtransactions really bring in the necessary funds, then that would be really amazing. Somehow, it sounds very optimistic! Let us hope that it works - I suppose developers have good reasons to say that it will.
And if it doesn't, well, I would hold no grudge. The game would still be amazing, and you gotta do what you gotta do!

Never underestimate the desire to look cool and different.

TF2 makes bank off of hats.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
Last edited by Wittgenstein on Jun 30, 2011, 5:27:50 PM
"
Wittgenstein wrote:

Never underestimate the desire to look cool and different.

TF2 makes bank off of hats.

TF2 only has weapons + hats for sale I think.
They wont have animation and skin replacers like poe will.
Only possible flaw is if its rentals. Nobody want to pay $5 for something thats temp.
"
p0rt wrote:
Only possible flaw is if its rentals. Nobody want to pay $5 for something thats temp.

Then you never heard of Maple Story.
El infierno es vivir cada día, sin saber la razón de tu existencia.
Micro transaction are fine too!
Great video.

And ...

you mentioned my beloved Dungeon Siege.

That's a double win. I spent lots of happy hours in both DS1 and DS2. (Dungeon Siege 3 kinda sucks though. Too bad.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info