Pela's 2H Axxor Duelist 300++iir, 50iiq DS/ST Life Farmer Build [Updated for 1.1]

Hi, doing this guide for easy future reference. Comments on my passive choices is also welcomed. Also wanted to prove that summoner isnt the only build viable for mf.

PROS & CONS

Pros
+Cheap
+Flexible with ST as range/aoe and DS for facetanking moments
+Easy leveling
+Guilt free as u dont use any slaves
Cons
-You cannot afk in a mob crowd
-Need to have certain amount of real life reflex. Preferably a bit more agile than a snail.
-You cannot jerk off to your dps like other build does. U can try tho.

PASSIVES TREE

This is my current passive post 1.1 update. Might be more min maxing later after i try it in league. Not planning to add build progression. Its basically dmg until act 3 normal, life until act 2 cruel and by then u should know what u want or dont want. Go with ur gut instinct and you'll be fine.

Bandit choice was oak for hp in normal, oak for phys dmg % in cruel and kill em all in merciless!

Not planning to even level up atm. Just farming and making currency at Dominus. I do some maps in between ( preferably UNid Blue maps) when i feel bored.

GEARS

This build doesnt require a 6L or even a 5L is somewhat a luxury tbh. I've only started using 5l/6l early January. Been using 4L Double Strike before and 5L spectral with item rarity gem.
Current gear when I MF

Best thing about the build is u can just get a kaoms primacy axe and use it to mapping. Carnage heart will also be ok for u and will help tremendously with life leech until u can get a better amulet. Also get a ring with at least 2% mana leech. Its more than enough mana leech for u to sustain ur skills. Mana regen on ammy/ring also helps ofc. When you look for armors, focus on what u need. You dont need triple res on all gear. 2 40% resist on 1 gear is better than 10% triple res on 1 gear.

Alternative gears when not culling

I usually just carry 1 hollowed life flask, 2 elemental/chaos flask ( u should know which one you need in what situation u going into, lightning flask for dominus for example) , 1 granite and 1 divination ( the +6% max res is kinda gud ).
Flask Choices

SKILLS, SUPPORT AND AURAS

Too much hassle for me to unequip the gem and link em here. So i'm just gonna write em down.

For auras i prefer Hatred and Haste linked to reduce mana gem. Grace is also a good choice to replace Haste, but when in mf gear, my movespeed is so slow that i depend on Haste to not kill myself from boredom.

Left to right in order of importance/priority in x number of links.

Spectral throw + Added Fire Dmg + Pysical Projectile Damage + Lesser Multiple Projectile + Weapon Elemental Dmg + Faster Attack

Leap slam + Melee Phys Dmg + Faster Attack + Blood Magic ( so u will never run out of mane when u need to run)

Double Strike + Multistrike + Melee Phys Dmg + Added Fire Dmg + Faster Attack + Wep Ele Dmg/Quality Added Lightning Dmg/Cold/Fire Penetration/Item Rarity/

I personally use item rarity for my 6L double strike just cause the mana cost for 6L is too much with full dmg support gem. Even with 5L, Damage goes up to 42k++ so it ok-ish for me personally.

Curse is up to, but i personally use temporal chain. It helps alot with boss fights and the only useful gem i can lvl to 20 cause every other good gems requires so much int.

For Cwdt, i link it with Molten Shell + Blind + Flame Totem. But flame totem might steal ur cull when u're MF'ing. U can replace flame totem with rejuvenation totem. Shockwave totem can also be a good choice to replace Fire Totem.

FAQs

1. Why no videos?
PC not stronk enuf sory.

2. Why Axe?
Because so many awesome axe nodes nearby duelist. And Kaom's Primacy is strong enuf for early endgame which make it the cheapest choice and easily accessible.

3. Why not Resolute Technique?
Its kinda far... Lots of axe nodes came with accuracy and this build got lots of int/dex from certain nodes that comes with accuracy. It would be kind of a waste imo. Not that hard to get accuracy ratings from gear. 90% accuracy is all u need tbh. Its very easy to achieve.

4. Why not Unwavering Stance?
This build consists of a lot of hp nodes. Heart of oak also helps with stun prevention. You also want to get the benefit from Blind gem which is really good. If u're still stunlocked to death, add Frost Wall gem lvl 1 (dont level it) to ur cwdt combo, u will only get stun ONCE before the gem effect kicks in and prevent stuns or most dmg.

5. I thought Spectral Throw isnt viable endgame!?
Spectral throw is not as cool or as fancy as flicker strike but it will help u stay alive. Its the ultimate kiting skills in the game. Poison arrow is a close second, if it does any dmg at all.

6. I got more dps with heavy strike!
Fyi, the only reason to use heavy strike is if u dont have enough dex for double strike. Heavy strike kinda sux. Especially in party.

Closing Time

I wanna say thanks to my bros and homies in Global 2 and my guildmates. Luv y'all.
Good Lux And Haf Fun
Pure Hard Luck
Pela's Duelist 2H Axxor For MFers: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/770009
Pela's Spray & Pray Split Puncture Critness: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/918191
IGN : PelacurZ
Last edited by wira020 on Mar 7, 2014, 12:57:30 PM
MF Gears Stats

KillEmAll Setup

Finally done with screens.

edit1: gonna update the screenshots later, upgraded my 2h axe from 480pdps 5L6s to 6L 564pdps.
Pure Hard Luck
Pela's Spray & Pray Split Puncture Critness: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/918191
Last edited by wira020 on Feb 6, 2014, 5:03:51 AM
Mods, is there a cap on posts' number of word of sumthing? why is my post cut out midway?

p/s: it gave an error about duplicate form submission?
Pure Hard Luck
Last edited by wira020 on Jan 23, 2014, 8:14:54 PM
G2hell
D:
Pure Hard Luck
Generally it seems solid,
Tree could use some minmaxing though! for instance you could lose the strength node next to executioner (below and to the left of start area) and add it in another dmg or life node
I'm gonna try this build!

thanks for sharing

edit: you're right about the tree xD i thought it was linked 2 ways but no :)
Last edited by harklark on Jan 24, 2014, 9:07:43 AM
D: LOL WHY DIDNT I NOTICE THAT BEFORE!!!

thanks man. a bit of negligence on my part >.>

p/s: eh actually u cant... its linked...
Pure Hard Luck
Last edited by wira020 on Jan 24, 2014, 8:53:21 AM
Can you post some more info? Like how much life do you have with your current gear, resists (including whats over the cap) and dps?
yush added
Pure Hard Luck
nice build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info