Tanking definition

AA doesn't make you tanky

MOM with 400 mana doesn't make you tanky

2000 hp doesnt make you tanky

5k armor doesnt make you tanky

So bloody tired of seeing these so called 'super tank' builds that show 66 map gameplay ... eurgh.

#rage #rant #trollme
For me tanking is being able to take absurd amounts of damage no matter how it's done. 95% evasion is just as tanky as X000 life 1X000 armor in my eyes. So MoM/AA/5k armor on their own don't make a tank, but put them together and you can eat a Touch of God.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
Last edited by SilentOppressor on Jan 22, 2014, 9:56:33 AM
"
For me tanking is being able to take absurd amounts of damage no matter how it's done. 95% evasion is just as tanky as 6k life 12k armor in my eyes. So MoM/AA/5k armor on their own don't make a tank, but put them together and you can eat a Touch of God.

You just contradicted yourself. You cant eat a touch of god with mom / aa / 5k armor because i know those builds have less than 4k hp. And a touch of god without any mods does enough dmg to oneshot 9k hp chars on a crit with high armor and light res.

This is the mentality im talking about, evasion isnt tanky at all, it leaves you prone to oneshot scenarios and susceptible to spike dmg spells / explosions / bosses that cant be blocked normally / evaded and misc stuff like torture chamber, dot's etc

Can you luckily make your way through most maps? Sure? Call it a tank? No. You can never call something with 2-4k hp a tank.
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Jan 22, 2014, 9:59:36 AM
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
"
For me tanking is being able to take absurd amounts of damage no matter how it's done. 95% evasion is just as tanky as 6k life 12k armor in my eyes. So MoM/AA/5k armor on their own don't make a tank, but put them together and you can eat a Touch of God.

You just contradicted yourself. You cant eat a touch of god with mom / aa / 5k armor because i know those builds have less than 4k hp. And a touch of god without any mods does enough dmg to oneshot 9k hp chars on a crit with high armor and light res.

This is the mentality im talking about, evasion isnt tanky at all, it leaves you prone to oneshot scenarios and susceptible to spike dmg spells / explosions / bosses that cant be blocked normally / evaded and misc stuff like torture chamber, dot's etc

Can you luckily make your way through most maps? Sure? Call it a tank? No. You can never call something with 2-4k hp a tank.
An MoM build with 4k life might as well have 6k life.

A half decent Ev build SHOULD have 5k life in endgame gear.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
Level 67 Scion, 80allres, 500 armor, AAMoM, Merc Dom hits for 1.5k life. Now that's she's getting in the 70's, that's less than half her pool. I'd call that eating a Touch of God. No it isn't a 78 map with Overlord's and 80% ele, but I think you can call that tanking.

I'm too poor to test map Dom's hits, but it looks like on Sceptre his crit is ~10k, half phys half light, which yeah is gonna hurt no matter how tanky you are.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
[/quote]An MoM build with 4k life might as well have 6k life.[/quote]

i have yet to see an mom build with 4k life first off, since most gear and extra passive points go to mana and mana regen. And secondly a mom build with 4k life would barely have any mana left to tank a single spike or barrage of hits. MOM builds i have seen have very little mana available actually.

[/quote]A half decent Ev build SHOULD have 5k life in endgame gear.[/quote]

show me one and i'll stfu

"
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
Level 67 Scion, 80allres, 500 armor, AAMoM, Merc Dom hits for 1.5k life. Now that's she's getting in the 70's, that's less than half her pool. I'd call that eating a Touch of God. No it isn't a 78 map with Overlord's and 80% ele, but I think you can call that tanking.

I'm too poor to test map Dom's hits, but it looks like on Sceptre his crit is ~10k, half phys half light, which yeah is gonna hurt no matter how tanky you are.

story dominus

facepalm

next you'll mention how good you are at docks and lunaris runs
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Jan 22, 2014, 10:15:40 AM
"
For me tanking is being able to take absurd amounts of damage no matter how it's done. 95% evasion is just as tanky as X000 life 1X000 armor in my eyes.

But, it's luck based, unreliable, especially in 90+ levels.
Well if underlevelled story Dominus is beneath you, congrats, you have far more luck or patience with maps that I have, and you can just dismiss me as one of the trolls you invited.
Last edited by SilentOppressor on Jan 22, 2014, 10:24:10 AM
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
For me tanking is being able to take absurd amounts of damage no matter how it's done. 95% evasion is just as tanky as X000 life 1X000 armor in my eyes.

But, it's luck based, unreliable, especially in 90+ levels.

if tinko (ie the real pvm tank) agrees with me, you know im right :)

"
Well if underlevelled story Dominus is beneath you, congrats, you have far more luck or patience with maps that I have, and you can just dismiss me as one of the trolls you invited.

ofc i aint talking about story

once you start the hard maps, merciless story is like cruel or normal is to merciless.
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Jan 22, 2014, 10:55:44 AM
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
once you start the hard maps, merciless story is like cruel or normal is to merciless.
Once I start hard maps, I will have upgraded from my gear I got at the beginning of Merciless and gotten another fistful of passives. 82allres, 2karmor passive, 10k armor with one of my 4 granites up, and about 4k life.

It works both ways.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info