Tanking definition

Honestly, the only thing I'm hearing out of this is "I refuse to call any build a tank if it's not yet at my definition of endgame".
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:

"
Marmeduke wrote:
Gellig = tanking definition.

Videos here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/719253

'Nuf said.

Gellig = avoids touch of god on purpose [blah blah blah]

lol

Here he is going AFK at 78 Dominus, eating TOG after TOG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Llbal3OOro

Havn't seen anyone as tanky as Gellig out there yet.

There seems to be a lot of hate (tank envy?) for any AA tanks or Evasion tank builds by certain folks in this thread.
Last edited by brookeanimals on Jan 24, 2014, 11:57:52 PM
"
brookeanimals wrote:
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:

"
Marmeduke wrote:
Gellig = tanking definition.

Videos here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/719253

'Nuf said.

Gellig = avoids touch of god on purpose [blah blah blah]

lol

Here he is going AFK at 78 Dominus, eating TOG after TOG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Llbal3OOro

Havn't seen anyone as tanky as Gellig out there yet.

There seems to be a lot of hate (tank envy?) for any AA tanks or Evasion tank builds by certain folks in this thread.

AA = arctic armor, not aegis aurora, lol @ you

Tinko is by far the better tank!

If you notice something about gellig in that video ... (a) its not his normal setup, he went 8k on purpose for the video. (b) its not -max, tinko was eating -max / dmg TOG's. Gelling doesnt do this in his -max palace, he WB away. Check it out, someone even called him out on it.

I prefer tinko because he tanks literally everything and anything, and doesnt rely on a lot of swaps (only saffell) or a BRAINDEAD item like aegis.

Dont get me wrong, he's good, just not the best, and very overrated. But still a proper tank, by definition.

There seems to be a lot of hate (tank envy?) for any AA tanks or Evasion tank builds by certain folks in this thread. --> Evasion tanks doesnt even make sense lol. The point of building a char that avoids everything as much as possible is because he cant tank it in the first place ...
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Jan 25, 2014, 2:34:48 AM
"
Skivverus wrote:
Honestly, the only thing I'm hearing out of this is "I refuse to call any build a tank if it's not yet at my definition of endgame".

Hmmm, no?

What we were saying is that if one is prone to one shots can't be better than one who isn't, especially in 90+ levels.
And with that one shot proneness it's not better in other aspects.

As for Gellig, technically he is "better" because Aegis gives the "afk" ability.

And yes, AA in this thread was Arctic Armour, not Aegis.
the best tank ever is Gellig, period.

I judge that because of his videos ... he afks TOGs ... manny TOGs.

he does any mod, and always looses a maximum of 3-4k life.

Also a very nice tank that i have huge respect is Tinko. The great thing about him is that he chooses another way, he does it without Aegis and even without Iron Reflexes!!
Which means low armor, high life, but with evasion ---> also very very tanky.
i like that playstyle because it makes you think much more ingame ... which means you need some skill also, the gear alone doent make him that strong.
+ he cant just afk like gellig, still he manages to kill any mod.

Still Gellig is the MOST TANKY BY FAR. PEROID.
(but i think that is just no fun when you just cannot die like him :P )

Last edited by hitreza on Jan 26, 2014, 10:23:56 AM
"
hitreza wrote:

Also a very nice tank that i have huge respect is Tinko. The great thing about him is that he chooses another way, he does it without Aegis and even without Iron Reflexes!!
i like that playstyle because it makes you think much more ingame ... which means you need some skill also, the gear alone doent make him that strong.

Gellig doesnt afk in his -max palace dominus video, he is whirling out of the TOG. Please look at the video.

On those grounds alone, I would say tinko is superior.

If you argue with this, you go against logic and proven fact.
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Jan 26, 2014, 11:06:21 AM
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
"
hitreza wrote:

Gellig doesnt afk in his -max palace dominus video, he is whirling out of the TOG. Please look at the video.

On those grounds alone, I would say tinko is superior.

If you argue with this, you go against logic and proven fact.

just saw gelligs -max dominus video.
you right, but in that video gellig had 7k life, in his later videos i saw him having 9k live +also energy shield.
with that setup he would be superior.

but again i cant tell you for shure, i dont know gelligs setup.
i just saw his latest video he jumped to 9k life +ES O.o ... and to be honest 9k life +ES + AEGIS is more superior.

How cant it be? :)
"
hitreza wrote:
you right, but in that video gellig had 7k life, in his later videos i saw him having 9k live +also energy shield.

i just saw his latest video he jumped to 9k life +ES O.o ... and to be honest 9k life +ES + AEGIS is more superior.

lol dude you're like the kid in school arguing 'My dad is cooler' despite all the evidence at hand, you are funny xD

your afk argument in invalid, tinko just literally uploaded afk palace too lol

I think the fact tinko dont rely on braindead shield with auto refresh speaks for itself
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
"
hitreza wrote:

lol dude you're like the kid in school arguing 'My dad is cooler' despite all the evidence at hand, you are funny xD

I think the fact tinko dont rely on braindead shield with auto refresh speaks for itself

here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5ADxfZedNk&feature=youtu.be

its simply not possible to beat a Aegis build.
He has +9k life + near 2k ES
He Refreshs his ES with every block.
In every way that build is the most tanky.
Its not the most fun :P but most tanky for shure.
Last edited by hitreza on Jan 29, 2014, 1:08:53 PM
"
hitreza wrote:
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
"
hitreza wrote:

peroid.

here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5ADxfZedNk&feature=youtu.be

he tanks it easy and even dodges most of the attacks , no build can do that.
he not is even most tanky but also most survivable build with that much evasion.

block, not evasion

and thats impressive indeed, I believe he actually made this video when he saw this topic and tinkos video lel

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info