Space's Ultimate Incinerate Build - Shock Freeze & Burn Everything! Unstoppable PVP!

Want a build that can: tank it with the best of them while doing overkill dps?

How about a build that can make big sacrifices to go for high IIR and still be incredibly powerful?

Or a build that destroys 90% of builds out there in PVP?

This is such a build.

I always enjoy making builds that focus on cool uniques and their interactions. This build when fully geared uses a variety of uniques to great effect. It features:

High block and spellblock, which combined with Mind over Matter and a lvl 20 Arctic Armor offers great defense.

This high block synergies well with Cybil's paw (life gained per enemy hit by spells is fantastic for incinerate).

In addition, this build will shock, freeze, and burn everything, making it a perfect build to use The Taming with!

Some Highlights!

Incinerate tooltip of 3.5k dps - this is huge for Incinerate - most incinerate builds end up at 1-2k

3.5k life, 3k mana (using Mind Over Matter)

Chance to block attacks: 68%, 65 spellblock (78/74 with anvil)

Videos- (apologies for the poor quality)

1 - lvl 74 Maze map and fighting Vaal oversoul.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyaAHeN2oAk&feature=youtu.be

2 - lvl 72 Jungle Valley w/ boss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CwsB9s9P88&feature=youtu.be

The Build
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAuMG6QelCGcJIRZvGDwZhRmKGjIdFB7fHwIhwyLqJKonYSjFKPorDSycLR8tgy2oMZ41kjbFNuk64UGHRKtFnUkbSbJMNU3jT1ZRYFWuVcZWLVfhYeJnvW0Zb55wfXqqfuKCEIIegseDCYXFh2WI8Y9Gj6aQ1pM6lwaa4Juhm7WcLaZXpwiplaxZrH-vt7GQsz-3PrfWuJO7470nvrzB88M6xKLKSs9l0NDYJNo92wvbWd7237DjauZ852PndOjW6-7ub_JF8775Zfno-tL-Cv6P_ro=

The Gear
Spoiler
This is my main set of gear with little focus on IIR. The Anvil I switch on for tough bosses to hit the 78% block cap.

This is my IIR gear that I put on incrementally depending on the difficulty of the map mods/bosses. For farming piety/Dom I wear the whole set usually to achieve about 350 iir/ 40 iiq.

Explanation of gear choices
Spoiler
Cloak of Defiance - This is a key part of the build. Other Incinerate builds typically go into the southern part of the tree for Mind Over Matter, but with this Armor you can focus those points elsewhere- namely getting high block. You can run it as a 4 or 5l pretty easily, you just get more dps with a 6l by socketing added chaos/cold dmg gems

Cybils Paw This claw is integral to the build. The life gain from enemies hit by spells is enough that life leech is not needed on Incinerate. It also synergies well with high block, making it equivalent to a good wand in terms of spell dmg and cast speed.

The Anvil This amulet raises my block from 68% to 78% for those difficult bosses or map mods. I don't run it unless needed because I don't like the reduced movement speed, but when you need it it can be a lifesaver.

The Taming This ring is ridiculously good for this build. I have a 30% chance to shock (with 20q added lightning and static blows) and 10% chance to freeze (20q added cold). The taming bumps these to 35% and 15%, and 5% chance to ignite. This may not seem like a ton, but because incinerate attacks almost 9 times a second things get shocked, frozen, and ignited very quickly. With these status effect the taming can add up to 50% increased damage w/ 3 shock stacks and frozen and burning.

Rathpith Globe Awesome shield. Good Spell damage, decent Es, 10% increased life - what's not to like? The big bonus though is the spellblock!

Rainbowstrides Again, good ES, ok resists, but the spellblock is really what we're here for!

Lavianga's Spirit - This build uses a disgusting amount of mana. 6l Incinerate is 70 mana per cast at about 9 times a second. There's no way to regen this much mana without this flask that makes Incinerate free while mana recharges. Using 2 of these makes it so I don't have to run mana leech in Incinerate, freeing up a slot for more dps! They also allow the build to do no regen maps no problem.

Gem Links
Spoiler
Main Attack
4l - Incinerate, Faster Casting, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Added Lightning
5l - Incinerate, Faster Casting, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Added Lightning, Added Chaos
6l - Incinerate, Faster Casting, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Added Lightning, Added Chaos, Added Cold

Movement 3l -
Lightning Warp, Reduced Duration, Faster Casting

Aura's 4l -
Reduced Mana, Clarity, Tempest Shield, Elemental Prolferation.
High block, Tempest Shield, Static Blows and Ele proliferation are awesome together. Enemies are shocked all over the place. Ranged mobs are frequently shocked with multiple stacks before I even touch them.

Culling 4l -
Spell totem, Firestorm, Culling Strike, Increased Item Rarity
This works pretty well. I've experimented with self cast firestorm for culling, and will try out flame totem as well probably.

Utility 3l -
lvl 1 Cwdt, lvl 1Firestorm, lvl 20 Blind
This works great for defense - mobs get blinded easily due to the amount of times firestorm hits in 1 cast. Blind + high block is really, really powerful together.

Utility 4l -
Cwdt lvl 1, Enduring Cry, Arctic Armor, Ele weakness.
AA and Ele weakness aren't cast as part of the cwdt, thats just where they fit in.

So, How Well Does It Work?

Very, very well. The build has very strong defense from the combination of block, spellblock, Mind over Matter, Arctic Armor, and Blind. This build would do fine in a hardcore league played cautiously. The only thing that has killed me is surprise lightning thorns and Shock and Horror.

Offensively, the build is insane. You can carry a full party in 75's and solo it just melts everything. The shock stacks I apply are a huge, huge bonus for a whole party, not counting the chill/freeze as well. Incinerate damage ramps up as you gain stages - combined with adding shock stacks enemy health often looks like 100% - 90% - 70% -30% - dead. The damage goes up exponentially over just a few seconds of casting.

I have recently been gearing for more IIR. The beautiful thing about block/spellblock is you can sacrifice some resists and it won't be a disaster. I put on IIR gear incrementally depending on the difficulty of the situation. I can run piety with 350/42 no problem, for higher maps i usually run about 250% IIR by switching in Aurseize and 1 Andivarius.

PVP

I won;t go too in depth on this one unless there is interest. Suffice to say out of about 100 high lvl matches I've done I've only lost 2. Block+tempest shield + anvil causes fast attacking build to kill themselves just attacking me. Added chaos dmg bypasses ES and so kills Aegis Aurora builds no problem.
Pretty much any melee build will be easily destroyed. The only builds that have given me trouble are exploding arrow, poison arrow, and RF. RF is doable, but you will need to switch in temporal chains to kill them before they can reach you.

In Conclusion

This is a very powerful build, both offensively and defensively. I've played probably 10 characters to 75+ and this is my favorite by far. The ability to add in IIR gear without compromising dps makes it great for farming, and you can still gear to tackle the toughest maps with only a few change.

I'd love any comments, feedback, or discussion. This has been my 1st guide so I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks for reading!
Last edited by SpaceJanitor on Jan 24, 2014, 7:18:23 PM
Will keep track of this amazing build!
IGN: Asharin
~[1.0.5] 9K ES CI+VP+AA CoC EK-Discharger~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/730607
~Top 5 Builds in Standard/Domination~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/599443
Hi,

First of all thanks to make a thread about your build.

But, in order to take in mind what your build can do, could you do a little movie for see what it realy do ?

Coz for peoples like me who just have one hight level char, we d'ont realy know what are you speaking about :)

Thanks.

Kringhar, lvl 70 Facebreaker's Marauder.
Last edited by Azure41 on Jan 21, 2014, 3:32:42 PM
Hi Azure thanks for commenting. I am working on getting some videos put together of both PvE and PvP. I apologize if this guide is not totally clear to someone without extensive knowledge of game mechanics. Are there any points specifically you would like explained? I am happy to go into more depth for any topic that is unclear.
Hi,

Thanks to answered.

So firstly, for people who don't play a lot ( like me, only after work ) you don't show your build, you explain the synergy between your skills, but not what realy do the build.

Like for exemple we can say that a facebreaker build is a build that use unique gloves facebreaker with somes gemmes to give a powerfull melee char, with hight speed clear, one of best clean pack, it's tank realy well but you'll need at least 1 % life leech, and 1 % mana leech if you want to increase a lot your tankiness and your damages, also, this build have a slow movement speed, so you have to manage it yourself( personnaly i use smoke mine + flasks )

in this case i know that :

It's a melee char
it's a fast attack
it's powerfull in pack
it have good tankiness
it's slow
it's need a bit of gears

indeed like that i can understund the kind of build,

In your i can only see it's a caster, who cast spells and have good damage and work well,

But what does it realy do ? that the real question, for why, a video or an explanation :)

I hope i could help you to make your thread better, also, i'm checking your build coz i was looking in a build like yours, but i don't imagine realy how it's works, what does it do.

Kringhar, lvl 71 Facebreaker Marauder.
To Azure, this build melts things.
Add shock stacks and incinerate's leveling;
This build melts things really fast.
Pretty straightforward.

Is it better than facebreaker build ?

Does it have a good tankiness ?

Is it fast to move / cast ?

low range, high range ?

any cons ?

Please :)
Hi Azure,
To answer your questions:

1. Better than Facebreaker?

- I have a lvl 83 Infernal Blow Facebreaker build, and I can definitely say this build is similar in power to a good Facebreaker build. It's hard to compare melee to a spell build though, there's a lot of differences. As far as DPS, this build is probably more powerful than an average FB build. The main difference for me though is that its just more fun. I enjoy making builds that have interesting interactions between skills and uniques, which this build has. Facebreaker has become somewhat boring to me.

A big difference from facebreaker is that this build is less gear dependent. Facebreaker is really gear dependent so you can't really switch out gear for more IIR stuff. This build you can add in different items with IIR as needed, which is nice.

2. Tankiness?

- Very Very good survivability. with 78 block/74 spellblock, lvl 20 Arctic Armor, and 40% Mind Over Matter from Cloak of Defiance (40% of dmg taken is taken from mana first) this build can handle anything in the game. Add Blind in from Cast when damage taken Firestorm and it gets even better. The only bosses that have given me trouble so far are Shock and Horror and lvl 78 Palace Dominus. Everything else is just fine - crematoium boss, courtyard boss, etc are no problem.

3. Speed?

-Clears very fast. Packs of mobs go down almost instantly, rares take 2-3 seconds maybe. I use Lightning warp + reduced duration + faster casting as a movement skill and its very good.

4. Range

- Incinerate works best up close so the 5 projectiles from Greater Multiple Projectiles Shotgun. That being said, it also works fine in medium - long range, which is very useful for dangerous melee hitters like Brutus etc so you can fight from a distance if you need to. But if you want to get the most dps out of incinerate you want to be right in the enemies face.

5. Cons

- Gear can be expensive to get the best stuff. You can do 90% of this build on a budget, but if you really want to get the high dps #'s you will need to invest in some potentially expensive gear.

-Lightning Thorns - This is the spell that shock mages cast that makes you take dmg every time you hit an enemy. Because incinerate hits so fast it can be dangerous. If you see spark mages just play cautiously and don't try to melt an entire pack where multiple mobs have Lightning Thorns on. If you draw them slowly its fine, just be aware of the risk.

I hope this clears some stuff up for you! Let me know if you have any more questions, and thanks for getting involved!
Thanks a lot for your work.

Also, i think, than only a video or a little show if you play standard, could finaly take me in or out of this build ;)

I agree a lot with you that facebreaker is boring, and also i like funny build, that's for why i make facebreaker ( the fact to hit with fists ) it's powerfull but slow and boring.

IG standard : Kringhar

Currently Online :)

EDIT :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kMDUAkiivo

It's seems similar to your build except the supporteds gemes, what you think about it ?
Last edited by Azure41 on Jan 22, 2014, 3:37:09 PM
I would love to see a video if you have one soon, I am seriously thinking of dropping my Pewpew Incinerate build for this one permanently...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info