Iron Reflexes + Leather and Steel

"
banezilla wrote:
"
dsfargeg wrote:
So in plain English, is it worth getting both IR and L&S if you do not take a majority of dex nodes? I'm making a str IG duelist bowman and I haven't really worked towards either node yet.

this is how it works: once you take IR you no longer have evasion now you have all armor. when you take any of the leather and steel nodes your only getting the +% of armor that is on them and your not getting the +% to evade that is on them. so if it says +8% armor and +8% evade, all you get is +8% armor for that node.

i know it sucks that it doesn't say that and i hope some day they take the time to fix that but i would also suggest that ppl look up on the forums any big nodes that they want to take in a build before you start your build so that you know what and how they work first. this is one of those games that you really cant just jump in feet first, it takes lots of planing a build before you even start playing the game.

that is completly and utterly wrong, you get both, its just that the other 8% isnt applied to the armor amount, its applied to the evasion amount.

read the post that the developer put, any conversion will still have an effect on both types.

please check your information before you spout lies
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/120959 My guides
"
DarkenDragon wrote:
"
banezilla wrote:
"
dsfargeg wrote:
So in plain English, is it worth getting both IR and L&S if you do not take a majority of dex nodes? I'm making a str IG duelist bowman and I haven't really worked towards either node yet.

this is how it works: once you take IR you no longer have evasion now you have all armor. when you take any of the leather and steel nodes your only getting the +% of armor that is on them and your not getting the +% to evade that is on them. so if it says +8% armor and +8% evade, all you get is +8% armor for that node.

i know it sucks that it doesn't say that and i hope some day they take the time to fix that but i would also suggest that ppl look up on the forums any big nodes that they want to take in a build before you start your build so that you know what and how they work first. this is one of those games that you really cant just jump in feet first, it takes lots of planing a build before you even start playing the game.

that is completly and utterly wrong, you get both, its just that the other 8% isnt applied to the armor amount, its applied to the evasion amount.

read the post that the developer put, any conversion will still have an effect on both types.

please check your information before you spout lies

this is right out of the patch notes in 0.9.12
Prevented the passives that add both Armour and Evasion from having a double effect if you have the Iron Reflexes keystone.
so you only get one or +% not both if you take IR, now if you don't take IR and have both armor and evade gear then you would get both.
try to know your facts first before you call ppl lairs
that whole idea was to fix the issue where the calcualtion was

total armor = (base armor + base evasion) * (armor bonus + evasion bonus)

now its total armor = base armor * Armor bonus + base evasion * evasion bonus

modifications are applied BEFORE they are converted.

thats what the staff member says, and your just reading the patch notes incorrectly

this idea that evasion bonuses do not apply is just wrong and please stop spreading this cuz its spread enough and infecting new people's thoughts
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/120959 My guides
"
DarkenDragon wrote:
that whole idea was to fix the issue where the calcualtion was

total armor = (base armor + base evasion) * (armor bonus + evasion bonus)

now its total armor = base armor * Armor bonus + base evasion * evasion bonus

modifications are applied BEFORE they are converted.

thats what the staff member says, and your just reading the patch notes incorrectly

this idea that evasion bonuses do not apply is just wrong and please stop spreading this cuz its spread enough and infecting new people's thoughts

look your the one who is confusing them.

if you take IR and then take the L&S node that gives you +24% to armor and +24% to evasion you do not get both added as armor plain and simple. you will not in turn get +48%, you will get +24% added to armor and thats it.
who is correct, Darken or Banezilla?

100 Armor & Evasion

Darken - 100 * 1.24 + 100 * 1.24 = 248
Banezi - 100 + 100 ) * 1.24 = 248

dat math
There is no "both"
Leather and steel applies one, and only one, modifier.
The value of the modifier is a 24% increase.
The modifier applies to evasion rating and armour.

It is not a 24% increase to evasion rating, and a separate 24% increase to armour.

It's "24% increased Evastion Rating and Armour". One bonus, with two things it can apply to.
Just like "10% increased elemental damage" applies to cold dmage, fire damage and lightning damage.

There is never any situation in the game where one bonus can be applied twice to the same value. When you convert cold damage to fire damage using the support, the elemental damage bonuses don't apply twice. The damage either is or isn't elemental.

If you have evasion, you total all increases to evasion rating. Leather and steel applies, because it affects evasion rating.
If you have armour, you total all increases to armour. Leather and steel applies, because it affects armour.
If you have evasion converted to armour, you total all increases which apply to either of those things. Leather and steel applies, so is included. It does not "apply twice", it's one bonus, and it's either applied or isn't.
thanks Mark.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:

There is never any situation in the game where one bonus can be applied twice to the same value.

Hum, fire penetration is not applied twice, to the fire damage and right after, to the ignite damage?

If i do 100 base fire damage to a 25% fire resist monster with 50% fire penetration, the ignite damage is not:
(100*(1,+0,5-0,25))*4/3*(1,+0,5-0,25)= 208 (Or 52/s) ?
Last edited by Keyen on Jan 28, 2013, 4:56:52 PM
They are different values. One is your Fire damage, the other is Ignite damage. Resists apply to both.
Also, I'd hazard a guess and say Fire Penetration doesn't apply to the Ignite, but that's just a hypothesis.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 28, 2013, 6:56:33 PM
"
Keyen wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

There is never any situation in the game where one bonus can be applied twice to the same value.

Hum, fire penetration is not applied twice, to the fire damage and right after, to the ignite damage?
1) No, damage over time can't benefit from penetration. There's no way for that to work. Penetration is 'at the time this hit applies, I pretend the resistance value is lower". DoT isn't applied as a hit at a time, it's a constant thing.
2) Even if it did, refer to the bolded part of my quote. Fire damage dealt by an attack and burning damage caused by an ignite triggered by an attack are not the same value.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info