Feedback - Rogue Exiles - Game Longevity

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Rogue exiles are great. They add a good portion of joy and adrenaline to the game, and they reward you nicely too.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The reward is the fun of fighting them, 99.9% of the time... unless you're selling an Igna kill.
"
Fourson wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Rogue exiles are great. They add a good portion of joy and adrenaline to the game, and they reward you nicely too.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The reward is the fun of fighting them, 99.9% of the time... unless you're selling an Igna kill.

The reward is actually pretty good for me, but I'm always over 100% IIR.

Rogue Exiles are interesting in that, depending on your build, they are batshit crazy hard or piss easy. Even competent builds have trouble against select rogue exiles.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Jan 17, 2014, 5:14:27 PM
Rogue Exiles are interesting in that, depending on your build, they are batshit crazy hard or piss easy. Even competent builds have trouble against select rogue exiles.[/quote]

This is actually the exact issue with them. The devs have obviously tried to make them a challenge for everyone, despite what or how they are built. This basically means giving them skills and damage levels which you cannot afford to soak regardless of what you are playing as

As an example, i just now got utterly gibbed by the ranger with green rain of arrows in a rare dry woods map - the problem here is that i had the '80% extra damage as cold' modifier. Now, i'm cold resist capped, so this isn't normally much of an issue - 25% extra damage just isn't a threat when i only catch the occasional stray arrow before i can barrage-murder the entire mob pack. Dry woods is always pretty trivial (and no, i didn't have the +2 rogues property, i checked)

I could barely land a hit on this rogue. When i did, it was from blind firing offscreen - any closer and she'd instantly freeze me with rain of arrows, and then a second hit would put me in the ground. Unfortunately, even at offscreen range, she can retaliate well enough to chill or freeze me, then get in range for an unavoidable finisher.

Now, this is admittedly a clear case of bad mechanical overlaps, where an already threatening enemy was made more so by random chance - But in maps this is always a likelihood, in fact a practical certainty. It should already be balanced around. If you can clear a map without issue, including the unique boss, even with fairly severe danger from the added properties, then injecting an enemy who is an order of magnitude of difficulty above is simply poor design.

Rogues in general need a serious rethink imo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info