New Trading System IN MARCH 2014?!

I'll just copy this here from another post:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so I've played this game for like 5 years straight:

Conquer Online 2

I'll try to describe the economy in short.

1. There was a special map called marketplace to where you could teleport from every major city.
2. In the marketplace you could:
- run around and trade people showing them your stuff, asking them if they want to buy (not really successful)
- spam trade or normal chat (local mode)(not really successful)
- set up a private shop with 20 items and their prices (look at the third picture on the link below)(very successful)

http://www.onrpg.com/articles/editorial/conquer-online-review-the-ancient-mmorpg-battles-on/

3. There were players who made fortune (even talking thousands of USD in the long term, even though selling for real money was illegal) running around from vendor to vendor buying cheap stuff and setting up their stash and reselling same items forward. One could buy items from another player without him being present. Marketing was one of the best things in the game besides PK-ing, guild wars and random tournaments.

Now you will say that no. 3 is "auction house", but it's not, because you didn't have an overview of other vendors unless you manually visited them. Marketplace made you run around looking for price-performance items you could use or resell, which made you get familiar with prices of everything. No one price checked in chat. No one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the other hand we have PoE (and don't get me wrong, I really like this game overall), where I usually turn of global chat, just because people price check all the time. Even with that, players have no real objective measures of how much item is worth in comparison to another. Yea, people say.... "5c, 3c, 3-5c", however if I want to sell/buy multistrike gem, I have no other way of doing it than:

1. spam trade channel (I can't go there, seriously)
2. spam global chat (do I have to do this for real?)
3. post a thread on the forum (to sell my multistrike gem...)
4. go on poe.xyz (to fail PM offline players?)

And thinking people will get familiar with prices, I came to the conclusion that there will always be new players/existing players asking for price checks, buying items or selling them in global chat. Which is really crippling the game IMO. Instead, they could teleport to a "special map called marketplace" to browse through players trading stashes individually.

Economy could be optimized and so much more player-friendly without being ruined in any aspect, within the game client.
Last edited by isostar on Jan 15, 2014, 9:44:33 AM
An AH makes every single item in the game too accessible. An AH also makes the next best items worth almost the same as a goats shit. Only BiS items will sell for more than a couple of fusings - especially in standard - but no one cares about this league, because if you have a life outside of PoE, you don't belong here.

Maybe I'm too old (school), but farming currency IS and always WILL BE boring as hell in my eyes.

I farm for crafting-(read: gambling)materials and item upgrades.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
cool post isostar, i sort of approve of that concept, as long as we don't call it
"auction house", i think no mater what it's function is, it will be appreciated if it improves upon the current situation.

Ps : GGG please troll and call it "The real auction house".
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Im pretty sure it won't be coming in March with 1.1.
Chris said something about it releasing separately whenever they get it release ready.
"
Boem wrote:
"
Just look at what the auction house in D3 did: average and OK stuff will tank in price. For all intents and purposes it will become worthless. Since a casual player typically only deals with those items he will then complain that itemization is bad. He will never have a chance to sell enough stuff to get top tier items. Currently he can - if he puts in the effort and maintains a shop. All this has happened before. All this will happen again.

I for one, will be happy to buy these "bargain medium tier deals" :D.

And if it allows me to play the game more frequently, i really wont give a damn.

Are you sure that you would enjoy that? If all the items that you find will most likely be worse than those that you can buy for a chaos, why continue playing?

So far I have seen only two economic models that work reasonably well: make loot bind on account or make trade sufficiently inconvenient so that there is non-transparent market. I'd rather have the latter than the former.
Yeah better stick with a terrible system and see the players desert the game ...
"
Peace_Frog wrote:
"
Teen_Spirit wrote:
An auction house will lower the prices and allow for more casual players to sell stuff much more easily.

Unless the same thing happens to a PoE auction house that happened in WoW/D3 auction houses. Flippers buy up everything and resell it at a higher price. This isn't nearly as prevalent with the forum shop system that PoE uses. But it could use an official indexer.

Well, if they're buying up everything, then people have more currency to throw around because of it. It's called inflation, and solid markets deal with it just fine.

Anyways, I'm 100% in support of whatever will make trading a horrible experience and thus be removed from the game completely. Making a trade-centric game, with only a chat window to make it happen, was a great way to ensure its failure from the beginning.

On the other hand, GGG could always just focus on making the loot experience more pleasurable which would eliminate the necessity for trade altogether.

[/quote]If all the items that you find will most likely be worse than those that you can buy for a chaos, why continue playing?[/quote]

99.9% of the items I find are worse than... the items I have already found. Your point is legit, but points to the real culprit here. The loot system. Self-found players such as myself can easily go 10-20 levels without upgrading a weapon. I often wonder why I continue playing.

And, it's not like if you don't like how the new trade system works you can just not use it, as you will be in even worse condition relying solely on self-found drops.
Last edited by bluefalcon74 on Jan 15, 2014, 10:06:54 AM
"
Are you sure that you would enjoy that? If all the items that you find will most likely be worse than those that you can buy for a chaos, why continue playing?

So far I have seen only two economic models that work reasonably well: make loot bind on account or make trade sufficiently inconvenient so that there is non-transparent market. I'd rather have the latter than the former.

I got around 2500 allts, 350+ chaos orbs, and a shit ton of other currency, just taking dust in my stash.

I also have "some" above average leveling gear.

I can tell you with almost 99% certainty, that i wont give a damn how much something sells for, or how much items cost me. As long as they don't involve me stopping my playtime.

This whole notion of "we want people to haggle, and interact with another" is bullocks, and most players know this. If i do make a trade (i sometimes do, like 2x in 60+ lvls most of the time just to "speed up" my leveling progress) it is a simple

"how much u want"
"ok"
"act1 normal"
Trade
"cya gl hf and keep alive sir"

However it did not go like this
"how much u want"
"will you marry me?"
"but we could have children..."
"ok not then, lets trade"
etc...

The only need for a trade system is RNG, and since GGG will not change there RNG system (i can live with that no probs) the least they could do is implement a safer/faster/time barrier crossing trade system.

there should also be a public mirror trade window, to prevent scamming and a public "lottery" trade window to allow every single person the opportunity to hold one without scamming the other party.(since lottery's also act as RNG counter measure, it is only fair that the entire community could use this tactic, and not just people that stream or have "votes", which can easily be manipulated)

Just my 2 allts, 20 chaos and 50 mirrors.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Anyone who has ever gone shopping in the real world in a place like Tiajuana Mexico, or Istanbul knows that 99% of the item you see in the shops is crap. But it's still fun shopping there because you can find that 1% that's really interesting. You can haggle. You can toss insults back and forth in a jovial manner. You can eat strange food.

The idea of a market bazaar is perfect for this game.

I still wouldn't trade... there's no fun in having someone else play the game for me. But I would cruise the shops just for the fun of it.
"
Faendris wrote:
This is only because there IS effort involved in trading. As soon as GGG puts in a convenient way for trading, no one will be able to sell anything that is not (almost) perfect.

This is a false statement.

I personally have little interest in "Perfect" gear, tending towards the purchase of much lower priced 2nd tier items.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info