[1.1.x] Party-Friendly, Multi-Purpose, Bow Crit (Physical CoC/Puncture/Lightning Arrow) Guide

Ah, I see. So the word that perked my interest was chasing others away. Fair enough.

Do you have recommendations on what sort of stats I should look for in gear? Maximum life? Resists? Crit chance?

Also, is there a reason why you keep you Cast on Damage Taken gems at low levels?

Thanks!
Last edited by mechclams on Mar 19, 2014, 10:31:40 PM
Cast when Damage Taken requires more and more damage to proc as you level it, and just for safety you want enough of a life buffer that you can react to stuff. So most people do about 1/3 to 1/2 of their life pool. I also base it around what level the spells you link it to become useful.

Example:

These all give me a pretty good buffer and their next level requires level 44, but the next level of Cast when Damage Taken only procs up to level 43. IMO, it's not worth the 200 point jump in how much damage I would have to take in order for the little bit of bonus continuing to level those support gems would give me.

These, however...

...all require level 43, so it's worth the 100 hit points for me to stay invulnerable a little bit longer and have a little bit stronger Decoy totem.

Generally, it leaves me with enough life left that if I wander around the corner into a Rogue Exile, I can mash my flasks and safely get everything back to full.

If you proc and react to, say, Corrupted Blood with not enough life left, it's a bad day.

Gear depends on the slot. The reason I stacked so much crit and damage on the tree is because then you can go for life and resists on gear. You still want some crit and damage on about half the items that it can spawn on, but it's not as big a deal to get one specific item.

For instance:

With some resist gloves and Diamond rings is just as viable as damage gloves with resist rings.

I found I stopped getting stun-locked by getting my life over 2000 and at least one Energy Shield item for the 50% stun avoidance; resists over 0 before auras just in case you're splitting buffs with someone and they run out of range, and then the rest is up to you. Accuracy and Life Leech on at least one item is good.

Flasks: You absolutely need a Remove Bleeding and a Dispel Frozen. The rest is personal preference. I like my massive defense combo, but lots of people just stick with whatever they happen to get a Surgeon's roll on. (You can't get that particular mod on a Diamond flask, so Charge Recovery is the second best.)

Was that way too much info?
Last edited by feyith on Apr 13, 2014, 4:23:17 AM
Wow. Thanks!

I was not expecting that much information.

I'll aim to have my life around 2000. After that, I'll try to get some damage.

Since I want to freeze things as much as possible with CoC + Ice Spear I'll be getting some Global Crit Chance.

In terms of raw damage it seems to me that flat increases (Ex: Add 10-15 Cold Damage) will mean more damage than % increases to Elemental Damage with Weapons. Would you agree?

Thanks again!
Last edited by mechclams on Mar 20, 2014, 12:44:53 AM
That really depends. %Elemental Damage does not affect Ice Spear but does affect auras.
Are there any unique equipment that come highly recommended? It seems like everyone and their mother runs Maligaro's (for good reason) but I'm curious about belts, rings, amulet, etc.
My recommendation is don't stack unique items. Unless it's some expensively overpowered item, you can usually get comparable or better stats with rares. The only one really powerful and cheap enough that I would actively seek out is:

High defense, item rarity and a huge damage boost.

Less so:

Damage, life, resists and free stat points. I say "less so" because the belt, like jewelry slots, is a great place to customize bonuses without having to worry as much about sockets, colors, stat requirements, etc. So a life/chaos resist belt would do you just as much good.

Don't use Infernal Mantle unless you're specifically using my DoT set-up and good about keeping mana full or manually dodging spells.
Totally off topic: I don't remember who all was asking in our party last night, but here's my rig. :)

Spoiler
Last edited by feyith on Mar 21, 2014, 9:47:43 PM
any gear i should farm for before i start soloing? i plan making this as a second character. im currently trying to farm up currency for rats nest and 5L voll's.

btw, are the variations you did on increased tankiness/dealing with reflect/soloing with pubs with reflect included in the first post? i dont have a dedicated party, but the concept seems really interesting and id like to try it out solo or with pubs
Last edited by alkoxide on Mar 21, 2014, 2:12:38 PM
"
feyith wrote:
Totally off topic: I don't remember who all was asking in our party last night, but here's my rig. :)

this makes everything so much clearer... inb4girlsdontplaywow.
twitch.tv/helikz
I'm not sure what being a girl makes clearer, but it can't be good... XD

"
alkoxide wrote:
any gear i should farm for before i start soloing? i plan making this as a second character. im currently trying to farm up currency for rats nest and 5L voll's.

btw, are the variations you did on increased tankiness/dealing with reflect/soloing with pubs with reflect included in the first post? i dont have a dedicated party, but the concept seems really interesting and id like to try it out solo or with pubs

I went with something like this for the longest time. (Took off crit multplier and stacked life nodes.) It's definitely a lot easier/safer to play but I didn't like it as much, so went full glass cannon mode.

Items to farm for soloing? I leveled up using random baby uniques just to make my life easier, but for the most part this character was self found. Voll's is probably the only "required" item, since it's so low level, relatively cheap and makes your life easier.

If you want more aura options, it might be worth sacrificing some crit for Alpha's Howl.

Edit: It just occurred to me that since I took Chain out of my main attacks, that new Piercing Quiver is now an option. Thoughts anyone?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Drillneck
Last edited by feyith on Mar 21, 2014, 11:41:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info