[1.1.x] Party-Friendly, Multi-Purpose, Bow Crit (Physical CoC/Puncture/Lightning Arrow) Guide

"
biomuesli wrote:

Current Setup is:

Barrage or SA (still undecided) / Arc (for shock) / EK (this freezes better than Ice Spear, and way more damage) / CoC / LL / PCoC

Did you mean FP instead of EK?

If no, how did you get your Ethereal Knives to freeze people?
"
mechclams wrote:
"
biomuesli wrote:

Current Setup is:

Barrage or SA (still undecided) / Arc (for shock) / EK (this freezes better than Ice Spear, and way more damage) / CoC / LL / PCoC

Did you mean FP instead of EK?

If no, how did you get your Ethereal Knives to freeze people?

Nah, EK is correct. Using hatred and as I crit a lot, the cold dmg freezes stuff.
Yeah, EK + Hatred is one of the best combos for soloing. I recently dumped a bunch of life nodes, utility/defense and my auras for more YOLO, so will update with how that goes.

I still haven't decided yet if I prefer Arc or Cold Snap. And just for giggles, if I ever happen to get that bow, I'm gonna see how badly I can nuke myself.

Edit: Updated first post with new character stat sheets and current gear. So much for dumping this guide due to lack of activity. ;) Thanks for the bumps and all the great discussion, guys! :D

Running maps and corrupted areas with my aura buddy. So far so good. Between the duo Cast when Damage Taken setups and flask mashing, my survivability is actually higher than when I was stacking life and playing more conservatively. Immortal Call doesn't work for Elemental damage though, so be careful. :)
Last edited by feyith on Mar 19, 2014, 2:30:37 AM
I'm interested in doing a build like this, wouldn't quill rain with barrage + gmp + faster attacks + CoC + ? work really well or am I missing something?
Went D1 -> D2 -> D3 -> PoE. Natural progression...
"
xpanterx wrote:
I'm interested in doing a build like this, wouldn't quill rain with barrage + gmp + faster attacks + CoC + ? work really well or am I missing something?

INB4 Feyith rage XD
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
"
xpanterx wrote:

INB4 Feyith rage XD

Why would someone "rage" when someone asks a valid question?
If that's so they should really see a psychiatrist about thier problems...
"
xpanterx wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
"
xpanterx wrote:

INB4 Feyith rage XD

Why would someone "rage" when someone asks a valid question?
If that's so they should really see a psychiatrist about thier problems...

I was joking around. It was aimed more at her than at you. She's actually one the nicest people I've seen on the forum. Talking about psychiatrists... chill down

this thread might be informative
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Hard to know sometimes on the internet, and thanks for helping!
"
biomuesli wrote:
Nah, EK is correct. Using hatred and as I crit a lot, the cold dmg freezes stuff.

Ah, ok.

I personally prefer Ice Spear because it has longer range. I also use Chain so there are times where I shoot off a ton of Ice Spears because of all the crits. On top of that the spears chain as well so it gets pretty silly. ... Should I go and grab the Doom Cast passive?

I also find Ice Spear more pleasing aesthetically because it looks like I'm shooting a ton of frozen arrows.

Also, also, out of curiosity, why was the word "Support" removed from the title of the tread? That word is what caught my attention because it suggested a build/playstyle that appealed to me. Don't mind me.
Last edited by mechclams on Mar 19, 2014, 11:53:57 AM
LMAO! Thanks, Bars! :)

"
Should I go and grab the Doom Cast passive?

That's personal preference. If you feel like you have enough bow crit, Doom Cast definitely boosts your proc damage.

"
Also, also, out of curiosity, why was the word "Support" removed from the title of the tread? That word is what caught my attention because it suggested a build/playstyle that appealed to me. Don't mind me.

Just based on feedback. A lot of people have said they initially avoided the thread because they don't party, but then they actually clicked on it and are really enjoying the build.

So it occurred to me that the only thing "Party Support" about it was me and my play style. You can do pretty much anything you want with it by trading out items and skill combos.

Last edited by feyith on Mar 19, 2014, 9:01:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info