One Week Nemesis Race Infographic

My last shadow end up lvl 40 with freezing pulse in 3link with low mana regen with mana regen nodes too far from build.
"
Qarl wrote:
There are some balance concerns in the stats which we will look at addressing at the new content and league cycle.

Scions were prevalent in the one week league, and take a lot of the same space as Witches and Shadows, reducing the numbers in these classes. Shadow appears to need attention specifically.

While the keystones used were influenced a little by players following specific examples, clearly Iron Reflexes is too dominant in this short format.

We will also be specifically looking at death rates for specific areas.

Doing that little summary was a great idea - not only is it interesting for us, players, but it may also help you, the Devs, see the possible balance issues in various areas of the gameplay!
Good job :)
"
Koffin_Kat wrote:
Doing that little summary was a great idea - not only is it interesting for us, players, but it may also help you, the Devs, see the possible balance issues in various areas of the gameplay!
Good job :)

Please, bro, don't put GGG developers and balance in the same sentence. They can only fail at it big time.

Also, as it was mentioned earlier in this thread, judging game balance by 1 week race is an ill concieved idea, unless you find some serious bug/abuse cases.

But then again, GGG fails at dealing with those too. Ask L100 on nemesis or any crash dead person.
In the eyes of the perfect machine, what is life, a mischievous delusion or a purposeful try, and if so, then at what. One can guess. But however you feel, once you look in the eyes of the perfect machine, you can imagine it all as a dance of the light in the hall of illusion.
Last edited by irdunecat on Jan 16, 2014, 11:08:40 AM
Now this is interesting new form of providing data and info to the community. This is pitch perfect, hope this becomes standard or implemented system in-game in the future. So when the race finishes you would get this graphical pop up windows showing data after the end of the race.

Mmmmm :)
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
"
stevich wrote:
Some guy wrote :" if you have 50% evasion and your opponent strikes ten times, you will evade 5 hits, gauranteed"
Made me laugh so hard.
While you will not evade 5 hit out of 10 guaranteed, the way evasion is calculated makes this incredibly close, although I think 'guaranteed' requires 11 or maybe even 12 hits and of course Precise monsters mess with the equation as well.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
Top 10% with my first HC Charakter since a long time. Should've leveld a bit in Ledge to reach 5%, but yeah. :)

Went pretty fine with my ST Scion, 3k HP at level 52. ;-)
Can we get the number of player ( and high level player ) using Spectral throw please ?
Can we also have it about races ?

Then, after it ... Can you do something about it ? :/

Because there is an issue here, either coming from the skill, or the balance around the others, I'm not gonna judge it, but just seeing how much that is used ( especially in races, that's ridiculous ) ... shows that there is an issue.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
irdunecat wrote:
"
MackBesmirch wrote:
"
irdunecat wrote:
Without IR, or any other way to get really high physical damage mitigation for relatively cheap, crit builds will be dead in hardcore once and forever, since they wont stand a chance vs physical reflect, even if you have Lightning Coil and whatnot.

Hmm, there is an idea... regarding reflect. What about adding a new Keystone Passive to the Shadow area that offers a powerful, but inverse mechanic from Iron reflexes? Maybe a keystone that is like "Evasion Rating for all types of reflected damage increased by 30%" so that if you already had a high enough evasion rating, you could conceivably always evade reflect. The node would only be useful, though, if you already were investing in Evasion. Or maybe even "your evasion chance against reflected damage is lucky" -- like diamond flasks, the evasion roll is rolled twice and you take the better of the two rolls. Or maybe not just evasion of reflected damage, but of trap and mine damage?

Or perhaps a keystone like "Chance to evade doubles for the attack following a successful hit that lands." So if i get hit once, on the next hit I have an increased chance to evade. It wouldn't be stackable, just a yes/no: did i get hit? yes = evasion chance doubled for next strike against me; no = evasion rating stays as it is until i am hit. But, again, this keystone only makes sense for characters that are already evasion based; armour and ES characters with low evasion ratings would not benefit much.

Combined with Acrobatics and Phase acrobatics, which grant the chance to Dodge in addition to the chance to Evade, one might conceivably have three-to-four (depending on how the mechanics are tweaked) chances to avoid any and all damage. Those odds make it more acceptable to lose half one's armour and ES and still survive past Cruel Act 3. Also, if it is possible to achieve an exceptional Evasion rating from Dexterity and gear, Evasion characters might even forego Grace in favor of Determination...? maybe, i don't think i get the math with Determination as I have never used it. :P Cuz Evasion s capped at 95% chance to evade, right? I'm probably nearing the limit of my understanding of mechanics here.

The thing is, with a crit build, you only need to be hit by reflect once to die if you miscalculate your damage output even by a slight margin. Evasion doesn't counter that, since sooner or later you will get hit. There are 3 ways around that: 1) less damage more attack speed coupled with good leech 2) high reliable damage mitigation 3) incoming\outgoing damage conversion.

A hardcore-viable crit build will most likely have to use all 3 of them in good measure.

Take one thing away, and you will quite likely ruin another branch of builds on hardcore unless there will be a reliable alternative defensive mechanic.

a unique...maybe a piece of jewelry,...or a keystone even with 'takes phys reflect damage as "" elemental' could be viable? (i feel like a keystone would be better, if positioned somewhere between the witch/shadow/ranger. putting that onto a piece of jewelry would be too intrusive into ppls builds, and would sacrifice a slot...unless it were to have nice hp/ele res/etc etc-could ideally be a level 60+ piece of equipment also, since upwards of those levels is where reflect becomes noticeable, and a problem for some)
Last edited by awave on Jan 17, 2014, 2:38:25 PM
RE: Iron Reflexes

I don't think it is terribly weird to see it in any hardcore game setting let alone a race.

1) Gear options: As stated Iron Reflexes greatly widens gear options available to you, so for races you are much less dependent on pure armor gear.

2) Armor is a much safer choice over evasion in hardcore play. Taking a guaranteed smaller hit every time versus an occasional sonic boom that has the potential to one shot is tremendously one sided. Most would choose the safest option when death means you start over.

3) There is no evasion equivalent to IR. Pure evasion set-ups lower level are not tremendously easy and coupled with gearing problems of only having pure evasion as the available armor choice it can be hard to set up till later in ones play.

4) Crit builds (usually shadows) need phys mitigation for reflect or they will kill themselves quite often. Shadows are specifically far from any strength gains for wearing pure armor gear and in getting the nodes greatly detract from the builds themselves.

5) Evasion gear has higher values than armor. So, if you wore pure evasion armor you can reach a higher phys reduction with IR than pure armor gear.

My proposed fix for this would be an adjustment to the IR keystone and/or a similar keystone for evasion being made.

Changing IR to be you receive a percentage of the evasion as armor rather than all of it such as 60% and then 3 nodes only available after you obtain it that raise that 5% each to a cap of 75% (Percentage due to change depending on balance needs of course). This would require more points to make it effective and reduce some from taking it to save points for other things.

Making a similar node to IR for Evasion would be a nice additive as well. However here I would make the nodes afterword affect things like dodge chance, spell dodge chance, etc.

Also, you could make IR only affect evasion on gear. Therefor, evasion flasks would not be able to be used in tandem with granite flasks to double stack the armor bonuses.

Finally, something regarding phys reflect and phys damage spells seems like it would need addressing for pure evasion chars. Like a keystone that does -50% phys reflect damage taken +50% elemental reflect damage taken that is behind phase acrobatics. Or a conversion of phys damage taken to elemental damage taken. Maybe even Phys damage conversion to chaos damage with the stipulation that it cannot be taken in conjunction with CI.

RE: Chaos Inoculation

Again, how CI is implemented currently, it is not surprising to not see this as prevalently in the race. A good CI char is really meant for at least a second character.

1) CI is not a possibility from the beginning. Meaning you will need to spec into life to survive only to have to reset those passives later. If you mess up, you will need regret orbs.

2) Good CI pieces are rare to find and, consequently, quite expensive. Leading a person to either farm for the gear or the money to buy it from others.

3) It makes the player extremely vulnerable to any ailments (I.E. freeze/shock/ignite/stun) do to them being still based of the characters now 1hp. Creating long durations for these ailments.

My proposed fix would be an adjustment to ES equipment and a keystone.

Adjust ES only equipment (NOT Armor/ES or Eva/ES) to increase the base ES available an item can have, but lower the max possible roll of +ES an item can obtain. Resulting in the same possible high outcomes but with medium rolls more available to beginners.

A keystone behind CI at the end of the 12% more energy shield node that does all status effects are based off 65% of energy shield instead of life to help with stun/freeze/shock/ignite.

10k life WITHOUT Koam's Heart. It's like CI but with 13k armor.
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info