Example Alpha patch notes

Cool.
cant wait to get into alpha...
I am Erki
Quite a bit of bug fixes. It's good to see the testers are finding all kinds of issues now. There are always tons upon tons of things to iron out ;)
What is going to happen when the game goes to Beta forum wise, having two separate forums?

Are they going to merge?
RIP Bolto
"
Covert wrote:
What is going to happen when the game goes to Beta forum wise, having two separate forums?

Are they going to merge?

Id imagine the alpha would turn into a beta form.
"Required level of a mod is now 80% of the generation level"
Can someone please explain what a mod is in this context?

"-Increased Orb of Scouring stack size to 15
- Increased Jeweler's Orb stack size to 10"
I'm assuming that the Orb of Scouring is found more often than the Jeweler's Orb so it has a higher stack size, but I was wondering if someone in the alpha could give me some feedback on that system. Do the size of the stacks makes much of a difference? Do you feel that you need to remember how big each of the stacks can be? How does it compare to having uniform stack sizes?

Also, this has probably been mentioned in another thread, but in the alpha forum is there a thread that is constantly updated by the devs with all the bugs so that you know which bugs have already been reported?
Dear Chris,

I am having trouble understanding these patch notes. For instance, you mention you have "improved [the] appearance of Ghost Pirates." But aren't ghosts invisible by nature? How do you improve the appearance of something that can't be seen??

Furthermore, you claim to have implemented a "large update to the Cathedral of Bone." Does this mean there will be muscles or other organs?

Lastly, it seems y'all have spent a lot of time fixing bugs in the game. Now this is great, but the only bugs I have seen so far are the spiders. And a lot of the fixes don't even seem to apply to spiders!

I am so confused.... You should send me an alpha invite so I can see everything for myself. I'm much better at hands-on, visual learning.

Thanks in advance!

MrNick1221
Nice try MrNick :P
[15:51] desophos: Loincloth + Leap Slam = unfortunate.
"
DeviousKiwi wrote:
"Required level of a mod is now 80% of the generation level"
Can someone please explain what a mod is in this context?

Mods occur on items. For example, if you have a Burning Short Sword, then "burning" is a mod. In this case it means that if it starts to spawn at level 20, then it has a required level of 16.

"
DeviousKiwi wrote:
Also, this has probably been mentioned in another thread, but in the alpha forum is there a thread that is constantly updated by the devs with all the bugs so that you know which bugs have already been reported?

There is a "known issues" thread, yes.

"
Covert wrote:

Are they going to merge?

The main site (the one you're on now) will house the beta forums. They may be access controlled initially.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
question about vendors, ie more than one? selling different kinds of stuff? one doing armour/weapons? another doing magic stuff? or just one doing generic stuff? will you only see stuff for your class? will it be level balanced to your character? will it be priced within means?(by that i can remeber cain in D1 selling gear for more money than it was possible for a character to carry)
might be nice to see a screenie( especially if theres an item thats for one of the new classes, hint!) :)
proud member of clanDA

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info