Raise Zombie skill explained

Could someone help me understand how the skill progression of Raise Zombie works?

I understand that they get more life with every level, and increased movement speed if you enhance the quality of the gem. But what is their base damage? Is it dependent on what kind of monster you click on when you use the skill?

I have searched the wiki and this forum, but I cannot seem to find this information anywhere...
There is currently (as far as I know) no way to know the exact damage that the zombies do. However, you can get a general idea from watching the life bars of the targets they hit. It turns out they do a lot of damage and my MF summoner can kill merciless piety in about 5 seconds if they're all hitting her.

However, both their life and damage is very bad at low levels, and they also need a few auras (most importantly Vitality and Purity) to stay alive.

The level or type of monster does not matter at all. In fact, most high level summoners go to normal act 1 to get their zombies.
"
Dauemannen wrote:
There is currently (as far as I know) no way to know the exact damage that the zombies do. However, you can get a general idea from watching the life bars of the targets they hit. It turns out they do a lot of damage and my MF summoner can kill merciless piety in about 5 seconds if they're all hitting her.

However, both their life and damage is very bad at low levels, and they also need a few auras (most importantly Vitality and Purity) to stay alive.

The level or type of monster does not matter at all. In fact, most high level summoners go to normal act 1 to get their zombies.

Interesting. What kind of summons do you use? Also, which supporting skills/spells (other than auras) would you recommend for a summoning witch?
aren't peopel abusing the cast on death thing that they are supposed to be phasing out or something ?
"
BearCares wrote:
aren't peopel abusing the cast on death thing that they are supposed to be phasing out or something ?

Well, seeing as it does not trigger on minion deaths, I don't think there is a reason to abuse it.. at least not as a summoner.. or any other build, really.
"
_OingoBoingo_ wrote:
"
BearCares wrote:

Well, seeing as it does not trigger on minion deaths, I don't think there is a reason to abuse it.. at least not as a summoner.. or any other build, really.

I was under the impression that people were putting it on the summon and dying intentionally in order to get summons with the ridiculous damage boost from CoD. Have I been misled?
"
dragonseth07 wrote:
"
_OingoBoingo_ wrote:
"
BearCares wrote:

I was under the impression that people were putting it on the summon and dying intentionally in order to get summons with the ridiculous damage boost from CoD. Have I been misled?

How is this damage boost achieved? I am unsure, but I am under the impression that the zombies die as you, their master, dies. In my experience, I have to re-raise any zombies I had prior to death. They do not stay with me.
minions dont die when the master dies.

otherwise you would NEVER use animate guardian
"
dragonseth07 wrote:
No, but there's also a worse case where a bug allows people to get the bonus without ever dying. This bug has been fixed locally and will make it to the realm soon.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
dragonseth07 wrote:
No, but there's also a worse case where a bug allows people to get the bonus without ever dying. This bug has been fixed locally and will make it to the realm soon.

what about the exploit where you put spectres on CoD and spectre yourself on death -- will that be fixed as well?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info