The Master Blaster - Ignitebike Flameblast Ignition [1.1.0 BUILDS]

"
kechari wrote:

"
zvguard wrote:
I have a question.If i am using windscream boots,flammability + elemental weakness works better than flammability + vulnerability right?

I don't have any math for this but I'd usually use ele weakness when double cursing. Just seemed to work better, benefiting both the initial hit and the burn.

This is why Elemental Weakness is better, I believe. Even if it doesn't add +40% to the burn damage, the initial impact augmented with ele weakness may make the difference between one shotting a mob or not. Perhaps on high HP bosses, vuln might be better. At the very least, you can't go wrong with using either one, but flammability is a must.
Yessir, and you're right, flameblast is the same concept as a trap just with the ability to charge up the blast (which will insanely scale both the initial hit and the resulting ignite) whenever there are not and reflect issues, was just thinking how it could be interesting mixing in the trap MORE multiplier etc. if it fit into the build. The spec is awesome though mate, looking foward to tweaking it and crafting to see if there's any way to push dps even further without hurting survivability!

EDIT: was just thinking adding Fireball + Trap + Mine + Conc Effect + Ele Prolif + Ignite Chance would be 3 MORE multipliers which with Fireball's (368-553) base dmg at level 20 (not taking into account spell/fire/burn etc. passives would make for a really high initial hit. I can do the math, but I think it'll be comparable to a medium charged flameblast. This would also have double dipped dmg in both fire (initial hit/burn) as well as trap/mine. The possibilities!
Last edited by GraveGiver36 on Feb 10, 2014, 8:20:23 PM
Here is the base build I am doing. Currently lvl 60 at the end of a2n. Had my 5l searing set up with fb-ignite-inc burning (+10% ignite chance)-proliferation-fire trap. The fire trap was for leveling, very soon Im going to chance it to blue and throw on conc effect. This is basically a test run, Im going to lead with this build in the new league next month.

Already a 2-3 stack will clear the screen of trash and a full blast one shots any non fire-resist rare, and I only have a few damage nodes.

Here is a revised lvl75 version of the build, you can get more life or more burning damage after this, your choice:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAecCcQPGBLMFLQYOCGcJ9hQgFE0UcRZvGDwY2xmFGlUabB8CIWAkqiWtKPoppSqNLJw1kjbFNtg26DbpPV9AoEGHRKtG10kbTipQR1JTUq9VrlXGWK9br13GYEtgbWEhY_1ko3TtdPF4DXrvgseDOITvh2WI8Y9Gj6aTOpeFnC2dgJ2unrmfy6IApwinMKlurFmtSq-3tQS18rc-uJO9J80mz2XQ0Ngk3fPjauQi52Pr7uxV73zwH_no_Qv-Cg==

I have a feeling the damage is going to be so good from here that I will spend at least the next 5 pts on more hp.

1) Why don't I have the burning % nodes first? Because as the OP has stated, all fire damage % double dips into the initial hit and the burn, making it the most valuable stat available. I also got +30% ignite duration, very good for overall damage.

2) Why the degen boost with growth and decay? Simply, its another 1% regen. This build will rely entirely on regen to survive, so I stacked as much hp and regen as possible.

"
kechari wrote:
"
Malestan wrote:
Thanks a lot Kechari for your build, it's permit me to create my dream char : tanky as hell and deals tons of damage ^^
Glad it's working out! To me one of the best things about this game is being able to start with a concept and tailor it toward something that feels right for you.

"
GraveGiver36 wrote:
Hey mate, love the build! I was thinking about the viability of using Trap + Fireball + Chance to Ignite + Elemental Prolif + Conc. Effect + Fire Penetration/Increased Burning Damage. The tree you used would still be good for the setup, and using trap adds another "more" multiplier and eliminates the threat of reflect. Obvious weak points would be mobs that destroy your trap before triggering, and other standard downsides of trap builds etc. Let me know what you think and if you can give us an estimate of the DPS/viability differences. Again, love the build!
This is a neat concept and does add some further possibilities for gear (sunblast, mainly). I can't speak to / test out its viability at the moment but one thing to consider is that the flameblast version already plays a bit like a trapper. Except that you have unlimited "trap" charges, the ability to super-charge your "traps," and freedom from the hassle of hoping enemies path over your "trap." No harm in trying, though, and cool to hear that you're digging the build!

I'm excited for next season to begin as I'd like to try out a version of the master blaster that picks up generic DOT nodes and incorporates desecrate / DD into the mix. I feel like there would be some incredible synergy between these abilities. Let the theorycrafting begin!

1) IMO increased burning > fire pen since you get 10% ignite chance from iburning quality, a necessity to hit 100% ignite chance.

Oh and ele weakness isn't better than flammability for this build, as it doesnt lower resist quite as much but we get ignite chance and 20% ignition duration.

My thoughts after playing it for awhile:

I get a lot of ele resist from the passive tree.

Very decent life/regen for such a high damage build. Can easily be modified for HC by taking more hp nodes and the leather and steel cluster, there are plenty nearby.

We will have lots of spare room for IIR/Q on gear. Im dom so only iir for me without uniques.

I do not (at all) feel the aura nodes are worth spending points on. In an alpha howl you can easily run grace/haste (i keep both leveld so if someone in the party has one, i run the other), clarity, and vitality; they all you really need, and you will have plenty of mana left over for casting. Having to hit a pot just to channel fb is not appealing to me, at all.
Last edited by kuromahou on Feb 11, 2014, 1:51:12 AM
Hey there, nice to see someone else making a build around this amazing skill!

I made a different variant of the build before i heard of this one, with running less auras and armor, but instead using Mind over Matter. I used a 5L searing touch with 20q Flameblast+Chance to Ignite+Elemental Proliferation+Concentrated Effect+Fire Penetration/Increased Burning Damage depending on what i'm dealing with. I also used a Carcass Jack to mitigate the Conc. Effect AoE penalty. It worked out quite well, if you count out the fact that i died at level 79 thanks to zoning out and leaping into a blue pack of vulnerability bears and desyncing.

This was the tree that i was using:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAecEBwUtCGcSaRLhFCAXHBg8GNsZhRmKGlUabBqPHNwelB8CIWAkqimlKo0tHy2oMZ41kjbFNtg26DbpOuE9X0CgQYdFnUZxSn1N404qUEdSU1YtWK9br2BLYSFko2egbRlvnnF5dO108XgNeqp673_Ggh6DCYTvhTKHdojxj6aTJ5M6l4WXlZrgm7Wdrp65n8uio6ZXpwinMKlurD-sWax_sZC0DLXytz631riTvSfB88M6ykrYJNsL21ncV90N3uXjaudj6-7sVfJF9tr56PsJ_MX-Cv6P

I imagine you could potentially not get Iron Reflexes at all, use a Cloak of Defiance instead and spend those points to get there to get Amplify and some more Life or Mana nodes, although you would have to rely on Mind over Matter entirely for mitigation purposes.

Just wanted to share in case anyone was looking for something like this.
I am intrigued by thus build.. And will try it out for next league.

Question.. How is your guys' experience playing in groups? What if you were to replace a couple gear items with MF gear for farming? Anyone tried?
Do you think this build is doable without a Searing Touch? I'm considering rolling something similar in the 1 Week Domination, so I doubt getting one will be even remotely possible (even on Domination, they appear to go for 2ex... o_0)

As for Leech, one could always have a second Searing Touch in swap, with Leech, maybe even Added Chaos so it can also be used for pesky Fire/Ele Res mobs. I'd consider Fireball+GMP+ADC+LL for something like that, so you can shotgun.

If you have 100% Chance to Ignite, could you drop Elemental Proliferation? Granted it does Proliferate the highest Burn, so that's still helpful..
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Feb 11, 2014, 1:05:56 PM
"
Denezen wrote:
I am intrigued by thus build.. And will try it out for next league.

Question.. How is your guys' experience playing in groups? What if you were to replace a couple gear items with MF gear for farming? Anyone tried?

Well, due to the nature of burn builds, culling, even when you're playing by yourself, may be a little tricky. But as far as i know there is no restriction in gear except for the Searing Touch and maybe the chest if you're using Carcass Jack/Kaom's Heart. If you can cover the resists/life, why not get MF on gear?
I try to get a little bit of rarity on rings/gloves/helm/boots/neck where possible no matter the build.

Any character can get around 100 rarity quite easily.

As far as proper party culling however, no this build isnt going to do it. You need a fast attack to link to culling strike and we do not have it.

I am mapping now and quite happy. I did set up a flame totem for reflect maps. 1-2 channel flameblasts dont do much dmg in a grp setting.

Sitting at 3k health and about 50% mitigation from armor. I run grace and vitality solo, grace and clarity in parties so I can just go crazy with my flameblasting.

Note, if you like big channels in groups, pay close attention to rares for reflect aura.

I hit a reflect rare and his pack with a big boom and got my 2nd death on this character last nite. Insta-death.
Last edited by kuromahou on Feb 12, 2014, 11:20:26 AM
Guys whats a good spell combination to use in my chest? I want something with life leech so i can use that when im in need of some leech. I really dont like fireball cause it feels so extremly slow and the projectiles are even slower. Was thinking about Firestorm maybe? but i have no experience with that so i need some suggestion plz !
"
royvisser1990 wrote:
Guys whats a good spell combination to use in my chest? I want something with life leech so i can use that when im in need of some leech. I really dont like fireball cause it feels so extremly slow and the projectiles are even slower. Was thinking about Firestorm maybe? but i have no experience with that so i need some suggestion plz !

I expect firestorm would work well. I've heard of people pairing it with CWDT, or even two sets + leech; haven't done this myself but it seems worthy of investigation.

Personally I would use detonate dead. It deals fire damage and does AE damage, giving it great synergy with the build.

There are lots of great options here and I'm sure others can offer valuable input.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info