The Master Blaster - Ignitebike Flameblast Ignition [1.1.0 BUILDS]

Heh Ive been thinking about using this build for the new league, but it seems Searing Touch is pretty much a must, isnt it?
I thought about using scepter, preferably 20% ele one with +2 to fire gems and as much spell damage/fire damage as possible, but then I could only use FB+chance to ignite+prolif until I get Searing Touch...
Are Q gems really a must? Quality FB adds chance to ignite, buuut with Chance to ignite gem at lvl 10 we have 34% chance to ignite, if we catch 3-4 enemies in the blast at least one of them SHOULD catch fire... sure, 15% inc burn duration from q ele prolif and 30% burn duration from q chance to ignite are nice, but are they a /must/?
if u dont ignite enemies quickly, u'll waste time nd mana. The build focuses on quickly pulling off flameblasts to ignite entire screen. Without at least a q20 flameblast and q20 chance to igntie u wont ignite very often and ignite wont last very long. Next priority on quality wud be EP and flammability, as they both add ignite duration.

Other than the 5-6L searing touch and 2-3 quality gems the build is amazingly flexible in terms of gear.

I am only lvl 65 with this build but it is amazing and clear speed is insane.
Yea I understand quality qems help a lot, but Im wondering if the build is viable without them when the new league starts - since quality gems and popular uniques are mighty expensive at the start, as you probably know, unless you only play scrubcore...
'wud'? Mother o' Mercy, is it really so hard to spell 'would' properly?
Without q20 flameblast and inc burning damage u cap out at 46% chance to ignite (with lvl 20+2 chance to ignite). More realistically 42-44%, and another 12-14% from flammability (and possibly another 10% if u use cloak of flame). That's only around 65-70% chance. Of course it might still be viable and pretty good when the enemies ignite, but clear speed will be lower since u wont ignite the screen as often.

And since flameblast gets a whopping 1.5% ignite chance for each 1% quality, even a 10-15% one will improve the build significantly.

Getting a 5L searing touch in a new league will be a whole different story though ;)
Last edited by nightblade157 on Feb 15, 2014, 4:01:44 PM
Flameblast is of course viable with incomplete gear / gems. However, the build really isn't "the build" until you've picked up the bare essentials (as mentioned, searing touch + Q flameblast and chance to ignite). Until then, expect to be a novice blaster, not a master blaster.

The build expense ranges anywhere from 2ex to 40ex+, depending on how deep you wanna go. If you're planning to go all the way in the new league (i.e. 5/6L searing touch, a nice chest, alpha's, and tons of gem quality), make an MFer first.
"
kechari wrote:
Flameblast is of course viable with incomplete gear / gems. However, the build really isn't "the build" until you've picked up the bare essentials (as mentioned, searing touch + Q flameblast and chance to ignite). Until then, expect to be a novice blaster, not a master blaster

For shame, I always wanted a caster build but all the ele builds Ive tried so far were pretty meh, while this one looks pretty fun.
Guess Ill roll with summoner or HS/GS duellist or marauder until I at least find a searing touch...

Another question tho - how good does the build work with searing touch and leveled/quality gems BUT without sick stuff like 40% Kaoms and 15% fire damage on every trinket?
"
benjiwoosh wrote:
Another question tho - how good does the build work with searing touch and leveled/quality gems BUT without sick stuff like 40% Kaoms and 15% fire damage on every trinket?

It works very well indeed. I used a Carcass Jack for ages before ever working up to a Kaom's. Fire % is typically pretty easy to find on your jewelry as most people undervalue the stat, so I wouldn't worry much in that regard.
"
kechari wrote:
"
benjiwoosh wrote:

It works very well indeed. I used a Carcass Jack for ages before ever working up to a Kaom's. Fire % is typically pretty easy to find on your jewelry as most people undervalue the stat, so I wouldn't worry much in that regard.

Carcass will be tricky to find early too, and Im not so sure about %fire damage, especially on decent rings with lets say 70+ life and 1 or 2 30%+ resists.
I tried FB(lvl 13)+prolif(lvl 14)+chance to ignite(lvl 12) on a bunch of mobs lvl 47(more or less lvl of lvl 13 FB) and the damage was kinda meh - I had to channel quite a few stages to actually harm them. Does it scale better later, lets say at lvl 15+ like EK?
I knew fire buffed burn damage, but didn't realize elemental did as well. You're sure about that? It makes sense that it does, I just wasn't sure....
"
I knew fire buffed burn damage, but didn't realize elemental did as well. You're sure about that? It makes sense that it does, I just wasn't sure....

fire and elemental damage didnt buff burn damage prior to patch 1.0.5, but since then it does. Check the patch notes if u want.

Thanks to OP for the amazing build. Killed merciless Dominus at lvl 65 and started mapping very early. But its not stupidly overpowered. Some combination of mods on rares sometimes makes it take a long while to kill them. Ex. Fire golems with elemental resist + life regen. I am carrying a doedres ring in my inv to dual curse them to make it a bit easier. Non-fire resistant mobs die instantly though.. :)

Done some ele reflect maps too, just gotta take care not to channel flameblast for long. My gear is nothing compared to OP though, and still its playing great.

Got a question though. Since I am playing this on standard, I am not running determination or purity. Getting around 10k armor without determination, so feels fine at the moment. Using a CWDT setup with immortal call + enduring cry + inc duration instead.

What wud be a good place to place the 9 points saved in not going for the charisma cluster? Already grabbed immolation, fire walker, blast radius and amplify. Currently life is only 3.5k though so some more life nodes might be a good idea?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info