Enlighten and the free-mason logo (now off topic - on the nature of mathematics)

"
Qarl wrote:
I've moved this to offtopic, as its gone way off topic.

As for the argument on the nature of mathematics, I'm putting my money on the mathematical platonists. (As it has the coolest implications for game design).

Can you please share them with us, Qarl?
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
The symbol is a true symbol and very representative of enlightenment.

You probably already know this, but the pyramid represent all people and indicating that you are in the top part means you have knowledge and understanding that the lower parts do not. The eye is a symbol for true sight - seeing things that cannot be seen by the actual eye but rather perceived. Therefore this symbol very powerfully shows that you are in the top layer with insight into things.. enlightenment.

This post is old isn't it? when i look at the wiki it does not have the same image as you posted. What we have now is something that doesn't represent enlightenment - now it's just "something", all because fools can't handle life. A circle would better represent enlightenment, as in having a clear mind undisturbed - thereby allowing you to see the truth rather than being confused by your own emotions swirling around.

You even read what the symbol you posted says? Engage, Energize, Enlighten. Being that you are one of those with knowledge to make good changes in the world it encourages you to engage(not being passive, taking action as understanding what is right and being in a position of influence brings responsibility), Energy(giving energy to others, bringing light, uplifting others) and enlighten(bringing your knowledge and wisdom to others). It is actually quite novel - all there in front of you and you don't even have a clue what the words actually mean and what they together mean.

But people always fear what they can't understand because are scared, scared as shit, it's your fear of the past you don't understand that makes you say this. Did you know also it's said that free masons played a part in pushing the french people into the french revolution - to rid themselves of oppression. And what came of it? The Declaration of the rights of man and the citizen

Spoiler
Article I – Men are born and remain free and equal in rights. Social distinctions can be founded only on the common good.
Article II – The goal of any political association is the conservation of the natural and imprescriptible rights of man. These rights are liberty, property, safety and resistance against oppression.
Article III – The principle of any sovereignty resides essentially in the Nation. No body, no individual can exert authority which does not emanate expressly from it.
Article IV – Liberty consists of doing anything which does not harm others: thus, the exercise of the natural rights of each man has only those borders which assure other members of the society the enjoyment of these same rights. These borders can be determined only by the law.
Article V – The law has the right to forbid only actions harmful to society. Anything which is not forbidden by the law cannot be impeded, and no one can be constrained to do what it does not order.
Article VI – The law is the expression of the general will. All the citizens have the right of contributing personally or through their representatives to its formation. It must be the same for all, either that it protects, or that it punishes. All the citizens, being equal in its eyes, are equally admissible to all public dignities, places and employments, according to their capacity and without distinction other than that of their virtues and of their talents.
Article VII – No man can be accused, arrested nor detained but in the cases determined by the law, and according to the forms which it has prescribed. Those who solicit, dispatch, carry out or cause to be carried out arbitrary orders, must be punished; but any citizen called or seized under the terms of the law must obey at once; he renders himself culpable by resistance.
Article VIII – The law should establish only penalties that are strictly and evidently necessary, and no one can be punished but under a law established and promulgated before the offense and legally applied.
Article IX – Any man being presumed innocent until he is declared culpable, if it is judged indispensable to arrest him, any rigor which would not be necessary for the securing of his person must be severely reprimanded by the law.
Article X – No one may be disturbed for his opinions, even religious ones, provided that their manifestation does not trouble the public order established by the law.
Article XI – The free communication of thoughts and of opinions is one of the most precious rights of man: any citizen thus may speak, write, print freely, except to respond to the abuse of this liberty, in the cases determined by the law.
Article XII – The guarantee of the rights of man and of the citizen necessitates a public force: this force is thus instituted for the advantage of all and not for the particular utility of those in whom it is trusted.
Article XIII – For the maintenance of the public force and for the expenditures of administration, a common contribution is indispensable; it must be equally distributed between all the citizens, according to their ability to pay.
Article XIV – Each citizen has the right to ascertain, by himself or through his representatives, the need for a public tax, to consent to it freely, to know the uses to which it is put, and of determining the proportion, basis, collection, and duration.
Article XV – The society has the right of requesting account from any public agent of its administration.
Article XVI – Any society in which the guarantee of rights is not assured, nor the separation of powers determined, has no Constitution.
Article XVII – Property being an inviolable and sacred right, no one can be deprived of private usage, if it is not when the public necessity, legally noted, evidently requires it, and under the condition of a just and prior indemnity.

Actually Freemasons seek to bridge the division that religion cause in the world and dedicate themselves towards god and service of good and moral.

Little man, do not be so afraid of the world.

"
Prepared by the Masonic Information Center

Basic Principles. Freemasonry is not a religion, nor is it a substitute for religion. It requires of its members a belief in God as part of the obligation of every responsible adult, but advocates no sectarian faith or practice. Masonic ceremonies include prayers, both traditional and extempore, to reaffirm each individual's dependence on God and to seek divine guidance. Freemasonry is open to men of any faith, but religion may not be discussed at Masonic meetings.

The Supreme Being. Masons believe that there is one God and that people employ many different ways to seek, and to express what they know of God. Masonry primarily uses the appellation, "Grand Architect of the Universe," and other non-sectarian titles, to address the Deity. In this way, persons of different faiths may join together in prayer, concentrating on God, rather than differences among themselves. Masonry believes in religious freedom and that the relationship between the individual and God is personal, private, and sacred.

Volume of the Sacred Law. An open volume of the Sacred Law, "the rule and guide of life," is an essential part of every Masonic meeting. The Volume of the Sacred Law in the Judeo/Christian tradition is the Bible; to Freemasons of other faiths, it is the book held holy by them.

The Oath of Freemasonry. The obligations taken by Freemasons are sworn on the Volume of the Sacred Law. They are undertakings to follow the principles of Freemasonry and to keep confidential a Freemason's means of recognition. The much discussed "penalties," judicial remnants from an earlier era, are symbolic, not literal. They refer only to the pain any honest man should feel at the thought of violating his word.

Freemasonry Compared with Religion. Freemasonry lacks the basic elements of religion: (a) It has no dogma or theology, no wish or means to enforce religious orthodoxy. (b) It offers no sacraments. (c) It does not claim to lead to salvation by works, by secret knowledge, or by any other means. The secrets of Freemasonry are concerned with modes of recognition, not with the means of salvation.

Freemasonry Supports Religion. Freemasonry is far from indifferent toward religion. Without interfering in religious practice, it expects each member to follow his own faith and to place his Duty to God above all other duties. Its moral teachings are acceptable to all religions.

If fact, if you think about it, the enemies of the freemasons are generally those who want to divide people, as actually it's structure secretly unites people across religions.

I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Mar 18, 2017, 11:20:58 AM
This truly is one of the last bastions where you can speak freely. What a "free world" we have lived in. Pity this thread didn't catch my attention earlier, Belis.

"
Belis wrote:

If you believe my views are false, then why would you believe I have 'every right to express them freely'? Either you're lying to save face, or you're really that uncertain of your own beliefs and of that weak a character. Speak truth or not at all. Politics, propaganda, economy and world-view must be centered on TRUTH alone. If the followers of an ideology know that what they are fighting for is the truth, they won't tolerate anything else. Any true fanatic, any true idealist, any true revolutionary, any man with a true conviction is intolerant! For this reason I can at very least respect the Communists of the last century, and even the Islamists of today, because they have a conviction they believe in and are ready to give their lives for, even if their conviction is inconsistent with nature and thus completely false. To contrast, the democrat won't offer his life for anything, because he has faith in nothing, is loyal to nothing, and has no conviction. He is the epitome of cowardice and weakness. He is nothing but empty matter.

No honest man or woman is tolerant. There is no tolerance now, has been none in the past, and will certainly be none in the future. It's a matter of honesty and dishonesty, a matter of truth and of lies.

For this reason I agree with burning books - i.e burning lies.

"
Belis wrote:

Ah, how nice, Nietzsche!

"They ( guess who ) defied all those conditions under which, a people had been able to live, or had even stood in direct opposition to natural conditions - one by one they destorted religion, civilization, morality, history and psychology until each became a contradition of its natural significance."

"They ( guess who ) have a vital interest in making mankind sick, and in confusing the values of "good and "bad", "true" and "false" in a manner that is not only dangerous to life, but also slanders it."

Signed, Nietzsche

They dared to claim the best elements that defined us.
Then they projected their worst sins on the rest of us.
Corrupting almost everyone in the process.

"
Belis wrote:

On the contrary I believe the Star of David Enlighten gem displays Jewish anti-Gentilism. Symbolically, this gem implies that the Jews are the enlightened chosen race.

Guess a lot of people got deceived during World War 2.

Spoiler
Thou shall do war by deception.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Apr 6, 2017, 12:55:49 AM
I think the design of the gem and the masonic connection is intentional - whether someone is an actual mason that designed it vs. a designer just having some Easter egg fun is impossible to know.
Masonic logo looks like this:

Enlighten is actually an All Seeing Eye but that symbol is just too complex to say about "its from here" or "from there". It is actually about creating something, this "pyramid" is a symbol of "work in progress", the so called "The Great Work". But when i tried explained anything here i was crucified.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info