Frame Rate Issue (Screen Attached)

Turn off vsync to stop the 30-60 jumps (or enable triple buffering). Play in window (or fullscreen windowed) if you really want to avoid tearing without the sudden FPS jumps.

Also try hiding as much text as you can; seems to be a rendering issue causing massive frame loss with text on the screen.

'course, this does nothing to remedy any issue the game may have with rendering act 3; just a workaround to avoid sudden FPS loss.
I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words.
Last edited by DAOWAce on Jan 25, 2013, 6:51:30 PM
PC specs -

Windows 7 64bit
Processor - Intel core i7 2630QM 2GHz CPU
Video - Nvidia Geforce 460M 1.5GB
RAM - 6GB

Getting horrible frame rate drops sometimes in combat sometimes switching areas, drivers are fully updated, i have uninstalled and reinstalled path of exile, doing a pack check just to see if it helps but it is getting unplayable which is unfortunate the game is awesome :(
lol this right here is part of why I love GGG the counter troll http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/532639/page/2
"
DAOWAce wrote:
Turn off vsync to stop the 30-60 jumps (or enable triple buffering). Play in window (or fullscreen windowed) if you really want to avoid tearing without the sudden FPS jumps.

Also try hiding as much text as you can; seems to be a rendering issue causing massive frame loss with text on the screen.

'course, this does nothing to remedy any issue the game may have with rendering act 3; just a workaround to avoid sudden FPS loss.

Just tried turning off Vsync and going to windowed full screen ran around a bit in act 3 had only a couple of very small spikes so tyvm for the info DAOWAce
lol this right here is part of why I love GGG the counter troll http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/532639/page/2
Changing to Windowed Fullscreen fixed all of my issues.

I had been having stuttering every second or so such that my FPS would jump between 60 and 20 every other second. Going Windowed Fullscreen fixed this. No other settings were changed. Vsync is still on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info