Large chests.

Ran thicket 3 times ,2 of the 3 had a chest. Did the crab in act 1,no chest but the instance I exited into spawned a chest. So it's random.
it seems it always spawn the first time you enter it and then its random
ign: DarkEggW DarkEggM DarkEggT
Ya i want to put them in my mouth an jiggle them. And motor boat them with my face like crazy. Like my head is going up and down on waves of these chests.
"
0DarkEgg0 wrote:
it seems it always spawn the first time you enter it and then its random

It was not there the first time I ran it. I ran through the map 3 times just to make sure I didn't miss it so I'm 100% sure there just wasn't one.
The Wiki says there are certain areas with a chance of generating large chests and some with higher chance. Is this up do date?

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Large_Chest
I shall farm Merc Catacombs in Act 3 and see if they spawn there.
They aren't worth farming. I saw about 5 large chests in the OB, didn't even get rare drops on ANY of them. I think in the CB it had an incresaed rarity + quantity, while now one large chest seems to be like opening 5-6 regular ones, or more.
IGN = Zalmoxis
Shop = 529687
I got a large chest in the Sewer Aqueducts last night and it dropped a unique and a rare item which was an upgrade for me. And a handful of orbs. So, I'm definitely liking them so far, though I've only seen 2. One in Dread Thicket, first run, and that one.
They can be in any dungeon I think. I've found them in all sorts of places, like the church, chamber, prison, ect.
I saw the first one yesterday in chamber of sins l2. Nothing good dropped from it though :s.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info