Large chests.

OK, some time during closed beta the devs started phasing out large chests from certain dungeons/boss areas.

Then at some point it was stated that all static large chests were removed, and instead, they now have a chance to spawn upon entering a new instance of a dungeon.

Is this still the case? If so, which dungeons/areas does this apply to?
Would anybody like some... POUNDCAKE?
Last edited by Agilaz on Jan 24, 2013, 8:12:18 PM
Since open beta, I found a large chest in dread thicket and its the first time I've been there since open beta as well.

So really, I'm not sure if the changes are true or not.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Pretty sure any area that can be considered a dungeon can randomly spawn a large chest. I've found 2 or 3 since Open Beta began.
large chests are completely random and can spawn anywhere in the game. There is not a specific way to know where or how they spawn. It's a surprise!
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Came in expecting a different type of discussion. Disappointed.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
gilrad wrote:
Came in expecting a different type of discussion. Disappointed.

You, sir, win the internet for the day. Thanks for the laugh!
All the things I want to remember are in the places I'd like to forget.
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
Since open beta, I found a large chest in dread thicket and its the first time I've been there since open beta as well.

As far as I am aware there is always a chest in dread thicket. I know they tweaked the chests with some of the patches leading up to OB, but a week b4 OB I would have run dread thicket on at least 3 characters and they all had chests. I think it is supposed to be there, because there is no quest, so it is the incentive to go in, as opposed to other dungeons that you actually have to go through (and lets be honest the additional chest in Weavers chambers + underwater pasage was far too much loot for the difficulty).
They removed guaranteed chests because they were way too easy to abuse.
Forum Sheriff
"
tpapp157 wrote:
They removed guaranteed chests because they were way too easy to abuse.

That's what she said!
"
Zinger86 wrote:
"
Pizzarugi wrote:

As far as I am aware there is always a chest in dread thicket. I know they tweaked the chests with some of the patches leading up to OB, but a week b4 OB I would have run dread thicket on at least 3 characters and they all had chests. I think it is supposed to be there, because there is no quest, so it is the incentive to go in, as opposed to other dungeons that you actually have to go through (and lets be honest the additional chest in Weavers chambers + underwater pasage was far too much loot for the difficulty).

I ran thicket 3 consecutive times last night, no chest. MUST KEEP FARMING THICKET
Would anybody like some... POUNDCAKE?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info