Please fix this. [Map Crash] [F/C]

"
Unforgiven244 wrote:
So far i tried different methods and stuff. lowering texture quality. disabling sound. defrag and stuff it seems only thing that fixes the crashing is adding --nopreload in the end of target path. just google it and u'll see how its done. it make ur game kinda freeze for a moment each time a new spell or mob is around but ur loading time on the first screen gets much more faster and i rarely saw the crash error with this method.

wait google what? "nopreload in the end of target path"? Can't find =(

or can you tell me the steps here? much easier >_<
Hello :)
I play PoE since closed beta and i love it.
Since that moment I'm using same old computer with windows 7 on 32bits.
Game was always a bit laggy and desynced but worked well.
After introducing act 3, game started to take longer to log and load to area.
Because of the size of maps from act 3 - area leading to Piety , Gardens , Upper scepter of God - from time to time was crashing client – „memory loss” – simply because of lack of RAM
(Funny fact - „maps 66+” from laboratory/hideout never seems to crash even after many hours of grinding.)
After „Masters” update , client take about 10 min to open login screen and crash on loading areas more frequently.
Yes ,I'm using all the magic tricks like –gc -2 ...medium settings , I sacrifice lamb to RNGEsus and almighty Krilson.. but nothing work.
Lately (3-4 days) I get „Runtime errors" for example, just like Fisga posted „I can open the door to the sceptre but everytime i click the instance I crash” .
I reinstalled client and at first game seems to work a bit faster, but In act 3 a wild „Runtime error" appeared and super effectively stop me from progress :) .
Game progressively work less and less effectively.

I didn’t came here just to cry :) but to bring informations and some idea.
1. Memory loss - most of the time client crash on big areas and close portal leading to those areas but crash don’t seems to close portals on „maps”. Can GGG secure portals leading to instance so after relog people can go to those instance ?
2. Please GGG don’t create huge areas like Upper scepter of God ( I know it's anti farming system) which will most likely take longer to load and crash weak computer.
3. ..and please no exiles riding roahs nor devours :P (no flashy effects/ability or at least way to not display them)

I live In fear of act 4.... most likely people like me will no longer be able to play Path of Exile.
"
dajeszpan wrote:
Because of the size of maps from act 3 - area leading to Piety , Gardens , Upper scepter of God - from time to time was crashing client – „memory loss” – simply because of lack of RAM
(Funny fact - „maps 66+” from laboratory/hideout never seems to crash even after many hours of grinding.)
After „Masters” update , client take about 10 min to open login screen and crash on loading areas more frequently.
Yes ,I'm using all the magic tricks like –gc -2 ...medium settings , I sacrifice lamb to RNGEsus and almighty Krilson.. but nothing work.
Lately (3-4 days) I get „Runtime errors" for example, just like Fisga posted „I can open the door to the sceptre but everytime i click the instance I crash” .
I reinstalled client and at first game seems to work a bit faster, but In act 3 a wild „Runtime error" appeared and super effectively stop me from progress :) .

1. Memory loss - most of the time client crash on big areas and close portal leading to those areas but crash don’t seems to close portals on „maps”. Can GGG secure portals leading to instance so after relog people can go to those instance ?
2. Please GGG don’t create huge areas like Upper scepter of God ( I know it's anti farming system) which will most likely take longer to load and crash weak computer.
3. ..and please no exiles riding roahs nor devours :P (no flashy effects/ability or at least way to not display them)

I live In fear of act 4.... most likely people like me will no longer be able to play Path of Exile.

EXACTLY the same, especially Gardens,Sceptre of God...Lunaris Temple was NEVER a problem.
The game crases sometimes in early versions so it was a bit annoying but not horrible. But since Forsaken Masters even Lunaris Temple crashes every 2nd or 3rd run.

Frequently it also crashes if I enter the Dominus Area to fight him or even if i killed the first form and he turns into 2nd form. Pretty rare its also while opening boxes ( Ambush League was never a problem )

The Setup of System didnt change in anyway. Yeah its only a 32 bit Windows 7 but it works also BEFORE.
Also used all "magic tricks"

Please fix this........

It's pretty annoying while prgressing and reopening the game every 10 minutes, loosing the party and so on....
"
nibbler_o wrote:
"
dajeszpan wrote:

EXACTLY the same, especially Gardens,Sceptre of God...Lunaris Temple was NEVER a problem.
The game crases sometimes in early versions so it was a bit annoying but not horrible. But since Forsaken Masters even Lunaris Temple crashes every 2nd or 3rd run.

Frequently it also crashes if I enter the Dominus Area to fight him or even if i killed the first form and he turns into 2nd form. Pretty rare its also while opening boxes ( Ambush League was never a problem )

The Setup of System didnt change in anyway. Yeah its only a 32 bit Windows 7 but it works also BEFORE.
Also used all "magic tricks"

Please fix this........

It's pretty annoying while prgressing and reopening the game every 10 minutes, loosing the party and so on....

You know what the problem is, uopgrade...even if GGG fix it so you can play the game without the crash you'll be on here moaning about the FPS problems that removing stuff from being pre loaded will cause(use --noprelad to have an idea)
The more stuff they add to the game the more the error will come up, so it'll likely be worse for you in act 4.

Even your pish excuse here that it didn't happen before is crap as you didn't nottice the age of the thread, you didn't nottice that they fixed it by reducing the art assets down in file size by over 2 gig a method they still use and look whats happened....it's slowly creeped back in as they add more stuff.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Feb 13, 2015, 12:29:32 PM
I'll suggest not removing those features but make an option disable it ....
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

Even your pish excuse here that it didn't happen before is crap as you didn't nottice the age of the thread, you didn't nottice that they fixed it by reducing the art assets down in file size by over 2 gig a method they still use and look whats happened....it's slowly creeped back in as they add more stuff.

It wasn't a pish excuse....

Yea its true this thread is old and i didn't notice the art assets...
I also didn't "attack" someone....

It was a notice from patch 1.0x to now.

So than it should have to creeped out again if it's getting realised...
NO i dont want an instant magic solution...

But it's really getting close to impossible to play through.....
And a 64bit System cant be the only solution...
"

...”as you didn't notice” thread was not bring back by me, but by people with similar problem .
My most important problem is latest „Runtime errors”.
Judging by date of posts, it can be problem related to mini patch Version 1.3.1

Today I reinstaled client once more ...BUT game still crash on one instance SCEPTER OF GOD (torment cruel) – [Runtime error]
I don’t really think that my computer gone from never having this crash to ALWAYS crash on this map :)

( It’s like DOMINUS standing on top and shouting „YOU SHALL NOT PASS":D”)
They have "garbage collecting" engine problem, and yet, they continue to make more crowded areas. I don't have much problems, but my friend with whom I play with co-op, he crashes 2-3 times/hr. Act 3 for him was unplayable, every second loading was a crash.

People tend to forget about 32-bit architecture, like it is a past. It's still a transition period. Face it - the game doesn't have enormous system requirements but still it makes problems.

Fix this one guys...
Jebi ga
i tried a new char and this issue still happened, in Act 2 this issue appears after 10-15' playing
For those of you with a 32-bit build of Windows who are continuing to experience this issue:

See this thread
"The problem is there ARE secure netcodes" -- Pewzor
Last edited by Emjayen on Feb 24, 2015, 4:52:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info