Please fix this. [Map Crash] [F/C]

"
xxWarcallsxx wrote:
act3 big issue. to hear you say its not something that can be quickly fixed is not right. diablo 3 works just fine...

well thats a face palm thing to say...blizzard have millions more dollars and hundreds if not thousands more people to work on getting the game running smoothly, where as PoE in comparison has buttons and only a few people that could work on fixing this problem.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
i have same problem... someone tell me to defragment the hdd.. but the "Exception" still appear...i dont know what to make....
we need to change the windows to 64bit ? sure this is the reason for this crash ??
"
OmuCuFrunze wrote:
i have same problem... someone tell me to defragment the hdd.. but the "Exception" still appear...i dont know what to make....
we need to change the windows to 64bit ? sure this is the reason for this crash ??

On this page under common problems http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73322

You are looking about half way down the post and looking for:I get an error message and a crash after playing the game for a while.

That is assuming you are getting the error that the OP is getting
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
Rhys wrote:
Does adding "-gc 2" help at all?

So, on January 24th, we got a reply for this and haven't heard anything since? That's a crock.

First of all, the OP has more problems than this if he is running a 32bit OS with 16G of RAM.

Secondly, this issue being orphaned and not getting any replies is pretty second rate. I get this message anytime I try to use a portal for the second time in act 3 and almost as often in act 2. Let alone when I kill Piety, the game locks with this same message. So much for advancing in the game. My toon can't even get any experience in the game because its out-leveled everything in normal difficulty.

As for following the tips (using -gc 2, -gc 1, texture to medium) they don't help a bit.

So, after 6 months, I wish there WAS a "magic" fix for this. Or one the devs could figure out, even.
"
darkehawk wrote:
"
Rhys wrote:

So, on January 24th, we got a reply for this and haven't heard anything since? That's a crock.

First of all, the OP has more problems than this if he is running a 32bit OS with 16G of RAM.

Secondly, this issue being orphaned and not getting any replies is pretty second rate. I get this message anytime I try to use a portal for the second time in act 3 and almost as often in act 2. Let alone when I kill Piety, the game locks with this same message. So much for advancing in the game. My toon can't even get any experience in the game because its out-leveled everything in normal difficulty.

As for following the tips (using -gc 2, -gc 1, texture to medium) they don't help a bit.

So, after 6 months, I wish there WAS a "magic" fix for this. Or one the devs could figure out, even.

Could you please let me know your PC's specs, and could you also attach a screenshot with the -gc 2 command added to the end of the target field? The reason I'm asking for this screenshot is that any mistake made when adding this command will cause it to be ignored.
The "magic fix" is to play on a 64bit Windows. Until then, GGG need to figure out a way to cheats 32bits Windows to let PoE go over the RAM limit. If you have to use a 32bits Windows for specific programs, you can always emulate the 32bits Windows of your choice with a Virtual Machine and run your incompatible programs in there.
Tech guy
Last edited by Warrax on Jul 10, 2013, 3:57:24 PM
i had the same problem
and upgrated from
win 7 32 to win 8 64
still have 4 gb of ram and 1 gm graphic card
now is everything ok
"
Jason_GGG wrote:
"
darkehawk wrote:
"
Rhys wrote:

Could you please let me know your PC's specs, and could you also attach a screenshot with the -gc 2 command added to the end of the target field? The reason I'm asking for this screenshot is that any mistake made when adding this command will cause it to be ignored.

http://imgur.com/ZacPcod

Still happening. As for my system:
3G of ram
win7 32-bit
Intel 2 quad cpu Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz
"
darkehawk wrote:

http://imgur.com/ZacPcod

Still happening. As for my system:
3G of ram
win7 32-bit
Intel 2 quad cpu Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz

Good news, check out the latest announcement/patch:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/503754

"
Chris wrote:
We believe that this patch has finally fixed the stability issues that users of 32 bit windows were encountering. In addition, some of the fixes this afternoon will hopefully improve performance for users who encountered frame rate stuttering when using certain abilities for the first time.
I personnally still have this problem with windows 7 32bits (4g ram but not all usable since 32bits i believe), it's really annoying to crash in loading screens, having to rerun when youre at dominus etc, or missing a trade cause you crashed and forgot about the buyers name etc...

Any update on this ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info