We welcome First Impression posts! Please be nice to those posts.

Many thanks to GGG!

Just like other fellow exiles, I just want to express my gratitude to GGG for this great game, Path of Exile!

POE is definitely the best game I have ever played for the past 10 years. I started it about two months ago. So far each day with POE is a great, new experience. I enjoy playing in incursion and incursion flashback at the moment. I’m so looking forward to news about changes that you guys will make for the next league.

Ok then. Have a jolly good day, GGG and ma fellow exiles! :)
Hello there, this is my very first post on PoE forum. I'm a new player, just started at the end of Incursion and joined the Incursion race/flashback event. I've been learning about builds and despite what people say, I'm not finding the passive skill tree that hard to understand, perhaps it's because I already have some background when it comes to MMOs.

PoE is very addicting, yet I cannot play it forever without making long pauses. For some reason I feel tired after finishing an act. It might be good things work that way for me. Another reason is that I feel the need to understand the story and what just has happened. Btw, I'm really surprised with the fact that the story is much better than I thought, since I had the impression that it would be just another generic game before giving it a go.

Graphics are very good, yet it would be great if I could pick at least my toons face (and gender), even though it's likely their heads are covered by helms/masks when they reach endgame.

The only thing that I cannot stand so far is the Templars voice, it's not actually his lines, but his voice. It's truly annoying to me. I made a templar for the Incursion race, but then decided to level him til I reach 35 only, then will switch to another character. I know it must sound as overreacting, but honestly, he's the only one I wish I could mute the character voice.

Well, that's it. I've been even recommending the game to the few friends I have. :)
"

The only thing that I cannot stand so far is the Templars voice, it's not actually his lines, but his voice. It's truly annoying to me. I made a templar for the Incursion race, but then decided to level him til I reach 35 only, then will switch to another character. I know it must sound as overreacting, but honestly, he's the only one I wish I could mute the character voice.

Well, that's it. I've been even recommending the game to the few friends I have. :)

I thought the same thing when I made a ranger. Her voice, and some similar voices (I think it's Harlan NPC vendor), the one's that sound like they are from East London, are kind of off putting from this American's perspective. But the other ones fit brilliantly.

I just got into act 10 and it's kind of a let down. The storyline and quest combinations were great, and there was no grind. But it feels like the story just dies abruptly after Kitava. No loose ends in a world nearly destroyed?

I know there's the map system to level on for 68+ but I would have liked more quests (even side quests like pirates etc) to level from 68 to 90.

The best thing about it about the game, besides the gradual scaling of equipment and skills, the quests keep you busy enough to level and there is no need to "grind" areas.

I read about delve but it really seems like more of the maps system, more of a grind. When I don't really want more grind, I want more quests to keep things interesting and more character development options (choose gender then class then adjust stats).

It may have started like a D2 clone but it feels more like a hybrid between D2 and the Neverwinter Nights games, C-ARPGs.
"
Tyrsonjsp wrote:

I just got into act 10 and it's kind of a let down. The storyline and quest combinations were great, and there was no grind. But it feels like the story just dies abruptly after Kitava. No loose ends in a world nearly destroyed?

I know there's the map system to level on for 68+ but I would have liked more quests (even side quests like pirates etc) to level from 68 to 90.

there is a storyline to follow after act 10. It's the zana storyline... :))
Kana-chan's Bench Crafting
IGN: Waited so long, use the copypaste below <3
Copypasta: @Frozen_Orb Hi, I would like to buy your Craft Service in Expedition

Please leave a vouch after I craft for you <3
Last edited by kanameclan on Aug 29, 2018, 2:20:55 AM
New old player here and here's my feedback.

I played in 2013, have been away for quite some time, came back! :)
When I last played I remembered something about Tormented Spirits and Rogue Exiles, everything after was a mystery to me.
Already understanding the basic concepts about skills, links, etc, all the new stuff was still pretty much to take in: Abysses, Breaches, Prophecies, Masters, Hideout, a LOT of stuff has been added over the years!
Of course I was foolish enough to jump right into a new league (incursion) as it started shortly after I came back, but dropped out after level 2, because the temporal incursion whooped my butt.
(Later on decided to go play flashback incursion and didn't bother with incursions until I hit maps).

The game is still as awesome as I remembered, yet more polished in several aspects and unfortunately still lacking in some others.
Hideouts make trading a lot nicer, and various towns for the acts also limit the confusion on where to go to trade, so that's cool! Not being able to move the waypoint in HO is a bit annoying, as are some expansions in HO (the added stairs on the final tier in Vagan's HO I'd rather live without, but then I'm limited in the nr of Masters).

Trading was a ton of fun at first, but became quite a drag later on when I "had to" drop out of maps for small trades of an alch or so. Also the attempts in trying to manipulate the market by some people on trade websites, listing items without actually wanting to sell makes me yearn for an Auction House that would actually force the sale and doesn't require you to drop out of a map all the time.
Another option could be to allow trades while in the map, which opens a trade window, takes the item from the stash under the set price it has in there, and if agreed (aka; the currency matches up), you press trade, the currency gets put in the stash, and you can just continue.
Also some auto-replies when you are doing anything on a timed base, such as temporal incursion, breach, etc. would be rather nice.

A lack of any tutorial or specific information also needs some TLC in my opinion. Explain what a Breach is, how it works, Abyss, etc. What conditions it follows, how to do this. It seems as if Abyss has more chance of turning into a Depths if you clear the monsters fast, but I have no data to back this up and is just a feeling, might be crazy RNG and pure coincidence, might be completely wrong, but ok.
Same goes for Mastercrafting; when stuff costs 2 exalts, which for a noob is quite expensive, you're not going to just experiment with it. Some kind of tutorial and test scenario would be quite awesome!

Making a strong build is insanely difficult; not because it's actually difficult, but because much information just isn't shown in the game. Tooltips aren't correct all the time, some descriptions are rather weird, and the interactions isn't always clear. I was rusty and the More vs Increased did take some freshing up upon!
How conversions work isn't shown anywhere (Yes, you can go on the Internet, browse the forums, wikis and look up information, but this is only something quite dedicated players will do and it's not confirmed from GGG as a source, so not 100% reliable. Plus, any casual player will never do this). Then there's Path Of Building; which is supposed to be 100% accurate, but then you get into some obscure Cast on Crit build and the damage is a complete mystery ;)

What did really bum me out was the fact that my old characters became completely useless. Infernal Blow, which was totally awesome back in the day, is worth nothing anymore as a skill. The thing that made it cool, the explosions, can be gotten for any skill now by simply using a herald. (Ash for fire explosions, Ice for the Ice shatters, you get the point).
So basically; the cool explosion skill is no longer special, the damage is far from respectable compared to other skills, it's a bygone relic. Not only that; the Heralds are way too powerful and I cannot imagine anyone having a build without taking any of them! (I actually did, and it didn't feel nearly as good as with them, but on Blood Magic life build, you don't want to reserve half your life for 2 Heralds, go figure ;))

I was playing a Blade Vortex, full ele conversion build, on Blood magic, with life (not ES), not running any Heralds. It was obscenely slow. Friends with Tripple Herald BV, Ele Hit, Arc Totems, were running circles around me, while killing everything and I didn't even have time to spin up some blades..!
Which brings me to balance; some stuff is broken beyond measure, pretty duhh, nerfing Ele Hit as much as happened with 3.4 is a slap in the face, as Ele hit still does 4x the damage after the nerf than a simple BV setup (using the skill itself as a 6L, but without Inpulsa's, heralds, etc).
Yes; Inpulsa's is broken too.

But wait: actually; in fact; Heralds aren't broken! Inpulsa's isn't broken!
It's the rest of the game which just isn't powerful enough!
The reason why these are "broken" is because of rather good synergy between multiple skills / items, Elemental Overload works awesome with Inpulsa's, because it can't crit, it also works beautifully with Heralds, because they can't crit. So; if you have a crit build, they are all kind of uselessly wasted points / stats that you are spending.
Solution; downgrade the damage a bit, but make it crittable and you have 2 viable paths to go on!

The goal should be to enable each build to clear maps and get that awesome feeling of seeing everything explode, shatter, get electrocuted or melt in some kind of way.
Honestly; using BV was a silly decision as it is only 30% effective on supports. Who in their right mind would waste a 6L on that thing! (ME, *shush* :D) Lower the damage, increase the effectiveness, because right now that thing can wreck all on it's own almost as good as with a 6L!
I wouldn't be surprised if normal BV 6L gets beaten in single target DPS by a stand alone Vaal BV.

Don't make skills obsolete, every skill in the game should be awesome! Rather than adding new ones for a while; get to work on bringing all the old ones to the same level.

Now; it's easy to comment on this game, because there is just an incredible downright crazy size of a game to comment on!
So don't think I'm bashing PoE here, as I'm still around and am enjoying myself, even with my crappy build, a LOT! :D

Maybe also include a tutorial about how the Atlas works, as I wasn't happy when Red elder disappeared!!!
This is what happened; I was playing together with some friends running maps, it took ages to spread around Elder influence and cost a fortune in buying maps. After 1,5 days of nolifing that stuff, it was finally there: Red Elder!
But sadly my friend had to go, and the other friend short after... Instead of being bored, I decided to run maps, because; what else will you do, right?
I was very careful to run maps on the other side of the Atlas, not even touching Elder influence at all, but then *poof gone* bbye Elder. :( A warning would have been nice!
From what I heard, this was done because "Elder rings" were quite broken, but if you don't run any Elder influenced map, this should not reset Elder! 1) It fixes the broken Elder rings problem, 2) It doesn't prohibit people from running maps and 3) If you want to reset Elder; just run maps with Elder influence without Elder/Guardian's on it. All problems solved at once. (I will send you the bill for this solution :P **You can send me a Squirrel pet ingame as compensation, after you make one for me of course :$)

What else; item filters; way complicated. Is there some way to adjust the filter in game? Like; you have this area where you can pick up stuff you will want to see later on, it gets added to the filter, and everything you leave on the ground will not be shown..!? Easy solution I think.
You could do this in stages, because 1 room with ALL items in game would be a tad much... Or you start with the basic filer and get some adjustment features this way to make it a bit easier.

The true testament to how awesome this game is, lies in the fact that I HATE leveling more than anything else, yet I have a bunch of characters in POE. I HATE RNG based stuff, yet I play this game. And even though I'm a total noob, I really enjoy myself in POE :D
Glad to be able to support you by buying all the stash tabs, and if the cosmetics weren't as dang expensive, I'd buy more stuff!
(Oh, please add more slots for currency in the currency tab, because I had a bunch of currency from Flashback that wasn't featured in it as a set place. The Pandarus(?) coins were, for example, but the Harbinger's Orbs weren't. *Sadface*)

Last thing; travel around the Skilltree. How do I decide which nodes to take, where to travel, and what's too far away? Seems like an impossible task for me! :D
Thinking about making some COC build, I'd want to take all the general crit nodes, but they are soooo far apart :') basically leaves not much room at all for anything else.

So in short; tutorials! More clear info! Balancing on the same level! Bit less RNG couldn't hurt! And more freedom... Damage conversion is a one-way street, fire to phys isn't possible (as far as I know), phys damage that freezes, poison that burns, etc. etc. should all be possible, making for a bazillion more new crazy ideas :D

/cheerio!
Plese, PLEASE - better visibility of Fractured Walls! I have spent 20 torches and 10 dynamites - still no any damned wall.
i blew up 3 fractured walls and nothing happened... no treasure in room and no path through crawler to the room. on map it still says "blow up the wall" but i did already T_T im so frusttrated
FEEDBACK: The crawler continuing to go ahead of you when you stop is extremely annoying. You have all these amazing side areas along the paths, but you have no time to see if it's worth exploring. And even if it is worth exploring, the crawler just runs away so you have no light and have to chuck a bunch of Flares just to not die.

EITHER A - Make the crawler stop if you stop

or

B - Make the line the crawler leaves behind light the path as you go so you can actually look at stuff while exploring a path. Going backwards after the crawl is done is slow and boring.

IMO the League has potential to be the best yet.
I think a big problem in party play is how azurite drops, ideally it would be like the instance owner gets the full amount, and the rest of the party gets like 10% cut or something, but i would be even content with it that it only drops for the instance owner. As a group of friends we want everyone to progress more or less equal, but with how it drops now its really difficult.

Resonators could also drop for individual person if you have permanent alocation enabled.

Also, is it a bug or something that i didn't get any drop form a chest on a floor? Because i didn't get literally anything not even one white item, which did not occur to me till now in the game.

Rest of the content is good i guess, we have a lot of fun trying to get to the goodies in side chambers.
The league is awesome, however there are few flaws.

Monsters being immune to dmg while in darkness - this should be totally changed, as they may body-block you in the darkness and you are not able to do anything at all but die.

The light line left by the Crawler is too thin - it should lighten up whole corridor instead of this little line - sometimes even standing on it directly starts to deal you shadow damage.

Auto-pick up mechanic should be improved a bit - Azurite falls under textures/walls - it would also be great to have it implemented for Cadiro coins or even scolls.

Darkness should be deadly, but not annoying - I would love to feel the excitement when venturing off the road - for now most players do not do it at all as it is not worth it - I would personally make flares attachable to character = gain a buff for like 10 seconds after using it and maybe increase the difficulty of monsters and reward out of the main road.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info