We welcome First Impression posts! Please be nice to those posts.

I wanted to say i really love this game alot... BUT THE EU SERVERS ARE PURE TRASH!!!I play with 35ms and 60fps and i keep geting lag spikes and freez.... i played on DC with 140ms and is much better...enemys die 0.5 sec after you hit them but is better then constantly freez.Maybe we (EU) are just a joke for GGG...it really sems like it.
"
ReDrAzZoR wrote:
I wanted to say i really love this game alot... BUT THE EU SERVERS ARE PURE TRASH!!!I play with 35ms and 60fps and i keep geting lag spikes and freez.... i played on DC with 140ms and is much better...enemys die 0.5 sec after you hit them but is better then constantly freez.Maybe we (EU) are just a joke for GGG...it really sems like it.

For me Wifi or cable makes a lot of difference. Some skills generate a lot of data if you use lockstep. For example my 10 attacks a second molten strike build causes lag spikes on the Wifi but on cable it does not.
Why is the forum fucked up now, that little icon showing whether there was new posts is in a line above the text of the thread. Looks awful.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Why should i play a game where every build i make will be unplayable becuase fps drops from 60 to less then 10 and in malachai chamber i reach sometimes 1 fps ,to find myself death again and again. This happend only after 2.0.0 and yet GGG every patch will add more stuff into it, making the game more overcharged instead to fix this "hell". Well what to say more, i have enjoyed this game before but now is only frustation and i will delete PoE just as my brother did and go play some league of legends or some fallout 4 where i can play it and enjoy it becuase there fps will not drop so "drastically".

just to mention one more last thing in that crappy league called warband, i tried all my best to not die once even with the fps shit, but once i reached malachai chamber i died for the first time, then 10 more and in the end i made like 40 deaths just to kill the bastard

bye
Well, started like a week ago and here comes my first impressions.

(I have tried a witch "nuker" and a summoner)

1. You get excited when you first start cause everything is new exciting and the game is full of details and so on. It's an awesome game, you think.

2. Then you realise that the game has too much going on everywhere, when you open a strongbox, your fps goes to sh*t and you gotta run or insta die.

3. Bosses have too many lures, effects and POWER. I'm in Merciless Act 3 with my summoner and it's boring as hell, once you get exp and die with one hit by a boss and lose all the exp over and over again. (and I have a good set rare/unique + 9 zombies/ 3 spectres / 11 skeletons / 2 totems).

4. The act 4 is just a die/respawn freak show. There's no tatic to keep you alive when the mob power is enuf to 1 hit you. (in other words, you don't have to use your brain, just die accept and try again) Boring.

5. I'll keep playing for another week, but honestly. This isn't funny, it's just anoher punishing game.

6. Balance is weirdo, my brother have a 2 hand axe char(with crappy clean/blue set and it kills everything without losing hp at all and faster than our ints lol.
Last edited by ogroone on Dec 2, 2015, 11:01:28 AM
"
ogroone wrote:

1. You get excited when you first start cause everything is new exciting and the game is full of details and so on. It's an awesome game, you think.

2. Then you realise that the game has too much going on everywhere, when you open a strongbox, your fps goes to sh*t and you gotta run or insta die.

3. Bosses have too many lures, effects and POWER. I'm in Merciless Act 3 with my summoner and it's boring as hell, once you get exp and die with one hit by a boss and lose all the exp over and over again. (and I have a good set rare/unique + 9 zombies/ 3 spectres / 11 skeletons / 2 totems).

4. The act 4 is just a die/respawn freak show. There's no tatic to keep you alive when the mob power is enuf to 1 hit you. (in other words, you don't have to use your brain, just die accept and try again) Boring.

5. I'll keep playing for another week, but honestly. This isn't funny, it's just anoher punishing game.

6. Balance is weirdo, my brother have a 2 hand axe char(with crappy clean/blue set and it kills everything without losing hp at all and faster than our ints lol.

its hard to figure out how to make a viable summoner. you should read forums first before trying to reach end game.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
ogroone wrote:

Res Capped?
Good Evasion/Armor/Energy-Shield?
Good escape abilities?
Good Weapons to kill before getting killed?
Good brain to outsmart a Mob?

If all above existing and working then GGG is to blame, if not, blame yourself for not being capable of playing smarter than an AI.
Last edited by ebeninami on Dec 11, 2015, 8:30:21 AM
"
ogroone wrote:

I suggest first reading this forum post:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1488699

It seems to me you're making all the beginner faults and blame the game for it. Trust me, this isn't a game you learn in two weeks. I've been playing on-and-off for two years and even I feel I only truly grasp 85% of the mechanics and options.
My Shop: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/767235
Last edited by Kasparov13 on Dec 12, 2015, 9:26:58 AM
"
Kasparov13 wrote:
"
ogroone wrote:

I suggest first reading this forum post:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1488699

It seems to me you're making all the beginner faults and blame the game for it. Trust me, this isn't a game you learn in two weeks. I've been playing on-and-off for two years and even I feel I only truly grasp 85% of the mechanics and options.

I'm still playing and it takes like 2 weeks to get the game mechanics, but still there's no balance in it.

All the builds should be able to be played on with self found/made gears in my opinion (like every other game), but in this game some builds are viable only if you have 200 exs + to spend on. I just learned that after reach lvl 68 and not being able to play merciless act 4. (but there are some viable retarded builds that can do whatever they want with low budget like facebreakers/cyclones/dual totem and the one I'm using now molten claw striker)

Without an auction house things get really boring, although poe trader works, it's still bad. Even setting the items for the lowest offer I got 0 sells so far.

Idk what they did at the last patch, but at least my fps problems are gone (no more drops/freezes opening strongboxes or malachai room).
So far I like the game.
Last edited by ogroone on Dec 13, 2015, 10:45:13 PM
"
ReDrAzZoR wrote:

I'm a long-time player and supporter of this game, but my first impressions of patch 2.1.0 is the same: something terrible has happened with Lag! i mean, it was always a little laggy, depedning on the computer I was using, but this latest expansion jsut broke the game for me. It's unplayable.

GGG, i just bought a supporter pack, no less. What is wrong?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info