We welcome First Impression posts! Please be nice to those posts.

"
I'm still playing and it takes like 2 weeks to get the game mechanics, but still there's no balance in it.

All the builds should be able to be played on with self found/made gears in my opinion (like every other game), but in this game some builds are viable only if you have 200 exs + to spend on

i dont want to offend you here but seriously, you are saying that you learned mechanics in 2 weeks. and 1-2 sentences later you say:

"
but in this game some builds are viable only if you have 200 exs + to spend on

not true.

you just have to use your reasoning. Claws... claws are for maximum leech. You should get duelist area leech nodes to have viable claw build. Molten Strike is for mostly good versus single target. If i were you i'd play Lightning Strike and molten strike vs bosses.

this small change make your 1-2ex build work too.

"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
Rupenus wrote:
"
I'm still playing and it takes like 2 weeks to get the game mechanics, but still there's no balance in it.

All the builds should be able to be played on with self found/made gears in my opinion (like every other game), but in this game some builds are viable only if you have 200 exs + to spend on

i dont want to offend you here but seriously, you are saying that you learned mechanics in 2 weeks. and 1-2 sentences later you say:

"
but in this game some builds are viable only if you have 200 exs + to spend on

not true.

you just have to use your reasoning. Claws... claws are for maximum leech. You should get duelist area leech nodes to have viable claw build. Molten Strike is for mostly good versus single target. If i were you i'd play Lightning Strike and molten strike vs bosses.

this small change make your 1-2ex build work too.

Dif chars, witches are dual totem and arc (switch after skill reset) and the claw is duelist. But atm I'm in love with the arc one. :)
Last edited by ogroone on Dec 16, 2015, 8:15:17 AM
Hello!

This is hardly a first impression post considering I have been playing PoE for 339 hours through steam. However I did want my first post to be one thanking the developers for making this wonderful game, and I wasn't sure where else to put it.

In any case, I will make this short.

Thank you for making PoE, and thank you for making it great! I have played it for over 300 hours, and I see no end in sight. There are two primary things that attract me to this game above all others.
1: The donation system, is not biased towards donators. I am personally a donator myself, but I would have never become a donator if the system was biased towards donators. I really appreciate that GGG has gone out of their way to make all players welcome, including those who don't donate.

2: The skill tree is amazing! I love calculating and games that take more then simple clicking to achieve.

Those two points above are the primary reasons why I love PoE.

Thank you for your time.

Darian

First impression video I found from a streamer called TheLazyPeon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr99GZzdrbE
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
My collection might be smaller than others but at least I played the game fair and square.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
When I first started playing the Titan Quest I was instantly dragged into the world, where I could breath the air, smell the wind, feel the sun, as the environment was with full of seasons, weather, temperature, humidity in it even though I was not familiar with that kind of environment in real life.

The novel "The Family of Pascual Duarte" of Camilo José Cela also strikes the reader with the really strong description of environment conditions in its opening and forces the reader go into the world instantly. It is worth to look in.

POE has good opening environment too yet I believe it can be improved in a great degree with some small tweaks.

This game is very good; the voice acting is also great. I really like the death animations and sounds too.

A major concern is the chat feature. It seems to be regularly flooded with spam. I know that there is a report/ignore feature, but maybe a feature that helps to reduce spam bots (like Recaptcha) could cut the bots down.

Another problem with the chat feature is that everything is in one window. This can be pretty annoying, if I'm trying to communicate with a party member, and I have to scan throw a bunch of other comments to find what they say. If we could have separate tabs, where we could filter out what is displayed on it, that would be fantastic.

The character inventory is also a problem. Since some items are pretty large, it would not take much to fill up your inventory. The portal scrolls are very useful. Also being able to return to a map and still retrieve uncollected items really helps. However, it can be a bit tedious having to stop and port back to town or walk back after a couple kills. Having a second inventory stash could make it a lot easier to sort out the items and not needing to return to the town so often.
As a returning player i want to say:

act4 is incredible, the mobs, the areas, the atmosphere is superb! The music is fantastic.
I found loot filter and the poe is even more great!

But the biggest change i noticed in poe performance. Now it runs much much better. And even when the fps drops heavily - it feels like single player game! That means its still very playable even in lockbox lags in some scenarios..

The only downside is that act4 was quite short and there are not many map types based on act4..
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
Fix network connection <-
Last edited by ronnanst on Jan 1, 2016, 9:45:42 AM
Best RPG ever played by me.

Thank you for doing this so well and dedicated.
Not really a first impression but i think i owe one.

A really beautiful game, what I like the most is the depth. Theres not a single thing that feels useless, even stacks of Scrolls of Wisdom can get you some currency eventually. Every build has its strenghts and flaws, a different experince with each one.

Theres a lot of attention to detail, listening to the playerbase. Every league you offer us something new and if its not a major change or super exciting you even tell us that.

One of the rare things I didnt like was the lvling thorugh normal/cruel difficulty but then I participated in 1 month race league and a new world opened to me.
Im not the best racer but I couldnt wait to play through normal/cruel in Talisman league just to see how far I can come in 1 day (Happy to say i got to cruel act 3 :D).

I think I died to basicly almost every mob and mod there is in this game and I bet theres still new map mod combinations I havent died to yet. But I really like that too as weird as it sounds.

A hardcore game that throws you in a cruel world of Wraeclast, where you learn your mistakes by dying.
Nothing more I could personally wish for.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info