We welcome First Impression posts! Please be nice to those posts.

Everyone heard the term "high risk high reward", you did it wrong again, now even with whole league (not only bosses).
Even with 6.2k life rlly good resists with +max on char (80/77/77), over 1k hp regen, phy to fire dmg conversion, endurance charges, over 50% estimated phy dmg reduction, glancing blows (70% attack block)... can get one shooted even on white tier maps ... jesus, reward is absolute bull$hit, drop is terrible and corruption is in it is worst.
Gems ... rlly you are "balancing" them for years but still you don't have even 10 proper skills what an be say are balanced, so 100+ playable gems is lie, from league you are changing them and making only few gems worth to play what is terrible and boring.
Last edited by Coolmer on Oct 28, 2021, 12:58:07 AM
"
Coolmer wrote:

Gems ... rlly you are "balancing" them for years but still you don't have even 10 proper skills what an be say are balanced, so 100+ playable gems is lie, from league you are changing them and making only few gems worth to play what is terrible and boring.

Amen to that.
Not exactly 1st impressions, but...
When I started playing around Metamorph everything was so much better. So many builds to play, many styles to choose from, not a problem to go to highest bosses and content. Even brought a couple of characters to 99. Now can barely pass over 90.
Anyway...
After Harvest/Heist things started to change, but in a bad way. And this didn't stop.

Last edited by Jinxxxed on Oct 31, 2021, 11:35:13 AM
It would be much better if "nightmare" turn on at moment of death of map boss and lasted forever. Right now league is mechanically unpleasasnt.
"
kaktttusikaa3 wrote:
"
Coolmer wrote:

Amen to that.
yes and yes
"
Coolmer wrote:
Everyone heard the term "high risk high reward", you did it wrong again, now even with whole league (not only bosses).
Even with 6.2k life rlly good resists with +max on char (80/77/77), over 1k hp regen, phy to fire dmg conversion, endurance charges, over 50% estimated phy dmg reduction, glancing blows (70% attack block)... can get one shooted even on white tier maps ... jesus, reward is absolute bull$hit, drop is terrible and corruption is in it is worst.

Amen
http://i.imgur.com/fxbCnfq.jpg
I've played a couple of times before and gave up pretty quickly because my builds sucked. now I've got a decent build going and this game it's got problems, problems that a game supported for 8 years shouldn't have. i don't mind the grind or the complexity, in fact i think they set the game apart from other arpgs and makes it more interesting. but there is a bizarre amount of anti quality of life baked into the game, orb spam for instance, why do you have to farm orbs with high drop rates but low success rates? it's RNG on top of RNG, it's infuriating to have trying to get the right sockets, links and colours on items, why not just make orbs rarer but make there effects predictable?
"

"
Faerys wrote:
Listen guys. Why are there no company representatives on the ru forum? If you don't have people, hire. Advertise hiring an employee who will at least translate all hotfixes and news, and at least occasionally communicate with the players.

+1

++100

Not communicating with your customers is what big and bad companies do.
My first impression:

Where is the option to reduce effects and no epilepsy warning!
"
Coolmer wrote:

Fun fact. Back in 2013-2015ish, ALL the gems could carry you to the endgame. And beyond. There was 0 limits. Back in the day, as you can call it, the game just worked. Every skill worked. Everything was good. There was metas that absolutely busted the game, like the metas today.

But the important part is: every skill was working. Everything was able to kill every boss, some skills slow, some decently fast.

Then came the time where skills slowly and steadily got "forgotten" by the Devs, or you need 1+ uniques or the skill will suck.

It used to be that uniques BUFF your character but were optional, these days you definitely need certain uniques for a lot of builds.

I remember running bow gmp frenzy ranger all the way through dominus merciless. These days you are lucky if you make it to act 4 with such a useless combo.

GGG have added a ton of support gems and balanced the game around the potential abuse of these supports, in combination with uniques and crafted equipment that people can buy in game.

The game has become pay 2 win, but with its own currency, not real money. Be rich and somehow get 200 exalts per league and you can of course get a godkilling build.

Surely you can run SSF and make a godkiller build, but the time investment for that is beyond anything a person with a job or a normal person with a family can afford.

Only manchildren with no responsibilities or guys who have cucked their wives to the point where they don't mind their BF or hubby sitting on the PC all day, are able to play GGG efficiently.

To come full circle: before all the buffs to enemy HP and all those hidden and open nerfs to skills and the passives and tree itself, before all of that, some 6-7 years ago, your game was playable. These days?

A mere husk of what once was. The game is great for new players because they have not experienced the degrade. Like a overhyped first time junkie on heroin in a room with a guy who had his 6th rehab and is finally clean.
You have 2 kinds of people who just can communicate on a basic level. They can talk about it, understand each other, but they can not relate to each other, since one person has seen hell, and the other person is beyond euphoric and will not listen to the experienced person.

The noobs who join today, will think the game is great. But every seasoned player with a working braincell can see the disaster the PoE has turned into due to absolutely brain-absent decisions.
Last edited by BndrIPL on Dec 11, 2021, 3:18:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info