We welcome First Impression posts! Please be nice to those posts.

I think I'm already done with this league.... wow
Never been put off so fast. A QA car crash.
Take a look to the right, I have played & supported this game for a LONG time.
How is it even possible that this was allowed to pass as ok internally.
<3 the new gems, as a newbie just barely easing out of using guides (builds made by others) I really like being able to concentrate power on the new Cluster Jewels!

Other feedback: Win10 ran very smoothly but had a "cannot enter new instance" disconnect crash, which got fixed just in time for my OS to commit sudoku and now on windows 7 (I have not fully recuperated my OS yet) it is a lag festival and I literally cannot complete Jun maps due to the Syndicate Laboratory becoming a "you cannot move except once every 10 seconds (literally) and only a tiny bit" lag festival until that encounter is failed. I do not know what is causing that mess. I don't care either.

You folks are working your buns off to make a game jam-packed with pure awesome. It's far too much to catch up with at this point but one day I might break even with the learning curve. I am seriously looking forward to PoE2
my first impression on the league :

this league is incredibly hostile, and unfair in the sense that you die so often and you don't know why.

i just realised (after a sheet load of death) that many (about 50%) of the delirium item (pustule, decorations, and more) contain trap (homing pustule mines, apparitions that blast the area).

and looking at black mines in the mist while running for your life avoiding all the on death effect, is not the easiest, and the first stun you, making the other kill you.

i need to figure for most of the other deaths...

some mist mobs run twice as fast as me, so fleeing is impossible and with the stun+mines+on death effects, well...

rewards ? you can't play the game and get reward at the same time.
either you play (different maps, exploring the stuff) either you farm. mindlessly.

i know you are Grinding Gear Game, but grinding is boring pas 30 years old. and grinding with RNG is pointless.

you hid most of the non-rng stuff behind some grinding mechanic.
- want crafting ? grind delve and syndicate (and maps)
- want zana modifier ? grind 120 different map + bonus

and when you consider that delve grinding require sulfite grinding...

you heard that we liked grinding so you put some grinding in the grinding ?

Hello there!

I'm kinda new to this game, it's my second league. And after having another "Buffer underflow" I've decided to write a post here as what I see in this game, what I liked for the past league and what I didn't.

First is probably Acts.
Acts is really nice when I started. The story behind it and overall.
After all the leveling and some mapping, I've tried to make the second character. And I gave up. Because going through acts second time was so not enjoyable. Maybe it's just me, but that is my impression of it.

About maps.
When I've started mapping it was the second thing, after the Kitava, where I've started to die multiple times. Why? I absolutely didn't know. Even tho I know now a bit more of the game, but yet. Sometimes it's ambiguous why did I die and then I just wondering. Is it 10 mobs in the pack that have killed me? Or maybe there was 1 hunter snake (that spreads a lot of ground effect) off-screen killed me with poison in 0.5 sec? Or maybe it's because some rare monster has critted me in shock effect? Or maybe rare rat in betrayal research lab have me bitten to death (raizqt reference)?
I would like so much to know the reason why did I die.

With maps comes some league mechanics.
Before I go to watch some complete guides about each league mechanic, such as delve or nemesis, it feels SO NOT REWARDABLE. Like when I tried to delve for the first 3-5 nodes I was like... That's all? And after I watch a lot and read a lot of poewiki it felt like... Like it's something I would like to know about when I was trying it.

A bit about skills.
Before writing this post I was reading this thread https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2803264/page/1
When I've started the previous league I've been told to use some guide with the complete build. I've started CoC assassin with cyclone-nova. It felt good.
Then I took a look at some blade vortex setups, they were interesting to try.
And after it, I saw some totems builds and traps builds... It seemed to me SO BAD. But I didn't try it so who am I to judge? Even tho I saw a lot of posts that most of the skills in the game are very clunky to play.
And here comes new league. With some decisions that are kinda questionable to me.
Like most of the players I know like mapping in this game. And for me, it feels like mapping is the main part of the endgame. Much bigger then boss fights or interacting with other league mechanics. It rewards for having as much monster killed as you only can. So people came up with the idea that mapping fast = more reward. Naturally.
So at this point in my understanding of what is game about, it is about :
1. Not dying.
2. Mapping fast.
And like cyclone or blade vortex is something you can smoothly do the mapping.
League came up with even more rewards for speed mapping. In line with stormbind and buffs to totems. Like really?
I strongly agree with the idea that it's better to make other skills that are not highly utilized by the community feels better, instead of nerfing something that feels good.
But coming with even more reward for a speed mapping and buffing something that is doing exactly the opposite? It doesn't make sense to me.
People like to be able to run while killing stuff. It's one of the reasons for the popularity of minion builds, blade vortex builds, variety of cyclone builds. Just please, keep that in mind.
Also, it's a bit personal from me. It seems so fun to play with flicker strike, but dying because of not being able to control ANYTHING in the process feels bad. Literally one of two reasons I'm not playing flicker right now instead of writing the post. First was the "buffer underflow".

Looting stuff.
The common looting system has come through the years. It was usual back in the days.
But looting like after Alva incursion or how it is right now with delirium mechanic FEELS SO MUCH BETTER. I know that it's not only my opinion. So please, if it's possible at least somehow to be in the core of the game and not only for few league mechanics - please, give it to the community.

I think that's all for me, at least as the first impression.
Those are my opinions about this game, but I believe some of them are not new in the community.

Have a good day, anybody who read it till the end :D

Hi GGG!

I started playing your game towards the end of Blight League. I had a ton of fun. I was particularly impressed by how deep the game is mechanically. There is just so much you can do and experiment with. Great job in that regards.

I jumped straight into Metamorph League which was also really fun for me. I managed to level a a character to 94, cleared t16 red maps and even defeated Sirus at awakening level 8. Apparently, the build I was using was severely overpowered (Necro summoner abusing Cyclone-CwC-Spirit Offering). Still, clearing some of the more difficult content of the game was very satisfying.

Towards the end of Metamorph, I started tinkering with my first character from Blight league (ED/contagion Occultist) which was now in Standard. I managed to trade for gear and made her better. I really enjoy the trope of a "plague caster" / "walking wasteland" character. I loved the idea of debuffing enemies with curses, applying multiple DoTs and letting them wither. In the few days after Metamorph ended and before Delirium League started, I was able to get my occultist to a reasonable power level. She managed to down both Elder and Shaper. She almost beat Sirus if it weren't for my own noobness. I guess I got too used to the OP power of the Necro.

For Delirium League, I intended to play another Chaos focused character, the Soul Rend-Indigon Trickster. This is where things started to sour for me. Ever since blight league, I've been having connection issues/lag spikes/ FPS drops. Now I know a large part of this is due to my own fault; I have a potato PC that is almost 5 years old and 4GB RAM. I have since learned that, despite the fact that it says 4GB RAM is the minimum requirement for this game, you really want at least 8GB. But for both blight and metamorph leagues, I could just set everything to low and still get a playable game. Now I am no stranger to lag. As I said, I beat A8 Sirus with Necro in Metamorph; even if it was a bit laggy, I could tolerate it. Even get enjoyment from the game.

When Delirium started, I started getting random freezes. My entire PC would just become unresponsive prompting me to hit that power button. That never happened in the entirety of Metamorph League. I did some research and apparently I had to turn off Multithreading. I did that and it solved the freezes. Problem was I would still get massive FPS loss. Each time I hit the Delirium portal, I would rapidly go to zero FPS and then disconnect. I tried a bunch of fixes/workarounds to try to minimize the lag but to no avail. After two weeks of troubleshooting, I have to finally admit that this is lag that I just cannot tolerate. The game has become unplayable for me and it is with a heavy heart that I have to say that I am quitting POE. At least for now.

I know I have to upgrade my PC. I fully intend to once I am able. I just can't do this right now, given my circumstances. What this means is that I just can't play Delirium League. I might be able to buy a new rig towards the end of this year and I might check PoE out again. What is really disheartening for me though is how quickly performance went downhill in the span of just a few weeks. I went from "I am going to play this game for years" for an entire League to "I can't, this game is unplayable for me" in just one patch. Doing some research on Reddit, it seems that performance has been on a steady decline for some time now. It makes me wonder that even if I upgrade my gaming set-up, how long will the game remain playable? Do I really need to keep upgrading just to keep up? In contrast, I played Diablo 3 for close to 6 years without ever needing to upgrade.

So yeah, I guess that's it. I don't usually make goodbye posts for when I'm quitting a game. But this is actually the first time that I had to quit playing a game that I really like. I didn't think that I would quit PoE this soon. The game itself is nothing short of amazing. I just wish it was more accessible for players like me who don't have the best gaming set-ups. Anyway, good luck GGG and thank you for designing such a wonderful aRPG!
Hi!

I came back to poe after 7 years, in January. I thought the game was good, challenging, I had a blast. Metamorph league was rewarding and I had the chance to begin a character and find some currency to develop it in an appropriate amount of time. I used to play only a couple of hours per day, but I still managed, without knowledge, to create a good char.

I'm Italian and I'm at home, now. I play atleast 4 hours per day but my feeling about the league is not as good as Metamorph, sadly. Even if I play a lot more, I'm looting a lot less.

I looked at a lot of streamers and content creators and they were really happy about rewards, showing lots of stuff dropping in every map. Then I reached maps and discovered that to get that amount of drop, I needed delirium orbs. Everyone figured out everything about delirium orbs, and their cost is skyrocketing. Still, I thought that the "normal" mechanic of the league could be satisfying. And... no.

To me, it's just pointless. The risk of death in delirium portals is enormous, because you need to rush everything and push your build too much. Well, the risk of losing a lot of exp for almost no reward is just stupid.

Still, I love the concept and I had fun with my GF while leveling, because rewards were good and it was easy to reach 7 stacks, or maybe even only 5.

Now I'm in maps with a fast clear speed build and can't reach more than 4 stacks even if I can clear the whole map while in Delirium. Plus, My GF isn't as fast as I am (mainly because of her build concept), so it's worse for her and for all the people that want to enjoy the game without behave like psycho streamers.

No offense for streamers, I just envy their free time!

Anyway, I'm a bit disappointed at league mechanic. Because I don't use any! Maybe it's just my problem, but I would really love to have fun like I had in Metamorph.

If I made some grammar mistakes, forgive me!
Stay healthy and Thank You GGG, for all your work.
Cluster jewels increase build variety in a way that is difficult to maintain with the previous tree system. While many builds have been able to exploit passive stack (namely aura/herald passives) to great effect, cluster jewels have made at least non-crit melee, warcry, and stun builds more viable for more content. To counterpoint the brokenness of passive stacking, players are forced to invest heavily in cluster passives. Cluster jewels should stay, but their modifiers should be fine-tuned for passive stacking.
"
Red_Thor wrote:
Cluster jewels increase build variety in a way that is difficult to maintain with the previous tree system. While many builds have been able to exploit passive stack (namely aura/herald passives) to great effect, cluster jewels have made at least non-crit melee, warcry, and stun builds more viable for more content. To counterpoint the brokenness of passive stacking, players are forced to invest heavily in cluster passives. Cluster jewels should stay, but their modifiers should be fine-tuned for passive stacking.

"Exploit", now how exactly can this be a exploit if the interaction is the same since release ? I mean, guardian's ascendancy works the same way since 2.0...devs are that shit and can't see their own work properly ? Need the playerbase/beta testers to see that ?
I am VERY disapointed with 3rd phase of 3.10 Sirus fight. Who is responsible for boss skills frequency? Any of you tried it w/o god mode? Why is it possible that he insta TP or using Immortal phases by CD? Is it intended? Also colour palette of the fight is complete mess...literally can't see a damn thing and Boss TP offscreen and use oneshoting beam. Is that a real challenging gameplay for end game? For what reason 4 ray beam wheel was made biger and flashing? Not enough of eyecancer fx in a fight? And after all deadly ailments who's was idea to add slowing movement shit to a fight?
I've been playing POE for thousands of hours (since 2012) and I recently came back during Blight League after a long break (Still didn't forgive you for the full item/char reset Chris!). I've been playing since and enjoyed Blight and Metamorph but not Delirium. I play several hours a day. I play only spellcasters and summoners.
Warning: English is my 2nd language.

General Improvements:

Here are some changes that I would like to see in the near future:

- I want to be able see the region of a party host BEFORE I join their party and go to their hideout. I will not play with the lag/latency that is resulting from joining a distant server such as EU (I'm in NA, west).

- I want to be able to organize the different parties by Loot Allocation, I suggest making Tabs or something to click at the top. I will not play FFA or Short alloc which are trash/unfair for spellcasters.

- As many ppl have said, performance improvements are NECESSARY, I can run lastest games at 2K 144 fps (such as Doom Eternal) but not POE? What the f***? I'm guessing you're gonna wait for POE2 and avoid fixing the mess for POE1? Congrats, that's gonna be 9 years of trash 3D performance! Thank God that game is "free".

- I need a better system to trade faster and more efficiently. I can not believe I have to make a forum post to trade each time I want to get rid of useless shit in my stash. Trade chat is really meh and slow + bot spam. We need a merchant NPC that is helping players to trade stuff with other players.

- Visual clutter: Holy F****** Hell, I don't know where to start. Maybe, using %, limit size of visible visual effects of all spells and explosions, limit the number of projectiles, reduce their frequency? It's absolutely terrible right now. This sh** should be your number 1 priority.

- Cap mvt speed so spellcasters/summoners don't always feel like turtles vs Assasins or fast mvt char. I can't believe I have to consistently pop a quicksilver flask with a + mvt speed mod and a recharge one JUST to keep up with them. Trash party play. F*** that.

- Because trade is so time consuming and boring I have to grind and I hate to have to grind so much for currency and/or useful gear. So many unique items are supposed to be build enabler but in fact they very often lack the necessary defenses to play endgame content without being a squishy insect. I do prophecies kinda helped but there are not enough.
Oh you finally found or traded that great unique 2 handed weapon or body armour? Grind more motherfu*** for 1000 fusings!

- Channeling skills need a rework. Why do I have to stand still to dps whereas most char don't have to? What if rangers with bow builds had to stand still? Would be fun/fair? Flame Dash and all mvt skill should not stop the channeling process.

- White sockets should not be that hard/long to get. Vorici can only give 3 max and only on non-corrupted items. So much grinding just to be able to change gems if I want to? Why is grinding necessary to have fun? F*** that! Ofc I can use chroms but one more currency I have to grind after the 1K fusings... No, it shouldn't be that way. I know about the recipe to get more chromatics, it just suc** to have to pick up so much trash which fills inventory space super fast. Socket color is a huge pain in the a** and truly not necessary. I think it would be great to have a way to get up to 6 white sockets easily and without corrupting the item. Maybe an idea for next league?

- Leveling up after lvl 92 is a HUGE pain in the a** for non tanky builds. Oh you grinded 5 hours being ultra focused and now you DIE and lose all of that. Nothing made me want to stop playing POE more than the frustration of dying and Xp loss (except vs Metamorphs because at least the rewards were worth the risks).

- Can you make the templar stop moaning when he casts spells/totem? That stuff sounds real weak and atmosphere breaking. He sounds like a pu***
BUT can you also make it sounds more hurt when he is dying/low life and still taking dmg? With an option to turn it off for self-injuring loop builds.

- Remove invulnerability phases of bosses and give some of them even more hp. Make them go Berserk (faster, more dps, more dmg resistances) if their hp goes down fast so the fight become exciting for fast dps build and doesn't change for casual players.

--
Leagues criticism:

Blight:

- Bosses are boring, giant bullet sponges who deal a F*** ton of dps. It's weird to compare them with the trash mobs. I'd like to see a better balance because when there is no boss I'm bored and then when/if bosses appear, I suddenly feel very stressed until they reach the pump and it's game over so fast. If bosses are not changed, the pump should have more hp to make the defense more intense.

- Price of anointing Blighted maps should be reduced. I'm almost certain I do not recover the 3 teal oils I would spend for each map. Yeah I know I could trade trash items but f*** making forum posts to trade.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Betrayal:

- When you have the option to execute a max rank guy and the message is "max rank, no effect" it truly feels awful. The other option ofc, forces you to make him/her derank. This suc**.
The rest is fun, I love it. + Can you add a way to get more missions from Jun? I can join a party of another player for Niko, Zana and Einhar and get 100% of the rewards or close but for Jun, I'll never get to get some of the rewards (safehouse) but I did have to kill and grind The Immortal Syndicate of other players... Same for Alva.

- Abyss:
This mechanic s**** for char that have to stand still to damage stuff. Not as much as Delirium though... Freaking walls also make a ton of mobs spawn in the same area and makes things way more difficult and I believe it wasn't on purpose.

- Beyond:
Trash mobs are really weak and some bosses are beyond OP. Otherwise fun and suprising mechanism. I like it.

- Legion:
Trash mobs are really weak and some bosses are beyond OP. Fun mechanism but unfair for slow dps builds.

- Bestiary league:
Meh, I truly hate having to wait for slow Einhar bro to finally cull that annoying huge AOE pain in the a** red beast. AND if the party leader is not there, Einhar won't do his job... Fix that asap! Also, why are beasts never running away when injured?

- Essence league:
Mobs are way too weak, boring and slow mechanic that I don't like. Essences currency is beyond trash. One mod I want and the rest is RNG trash clown circus. Ok, I get you might like it if you are addicted to gambling or a streamer with unlimited currency but for the rest of us... What a useless piece of trash. Did players really want this to go Core?
- Perandus: same as Essence league. For RNGJesus fanatics and gambling addict plus you gotta grind those shit coins. Did players really want this to go Core?
- Talisman: why the hell are these amulets corrupted? Why are 99% of them even worse (huge trash) than rare amulets? No anointing, no crafting and no catalyst... Fix that!
- Prophecy: too unpredictable for me. Too many long prophecies with too many conditions (gotta be in the right map or with the right unique equipped... wtf?) Good prophecies are too rare in my opinion and some are beyond OP. I'd like to see a better progression. Some prophecies are just pain in the a** and not fun. Some prophecies are boring (AI of frogs...).
- incursion: too many rooms with trash that are ez to forget so gotta check that damn wiki EVERYTIME to avoid the trash rooms, too long, boring (too ez and long). Have to bring shit unique with me (why isn't my stash there? or gems... pfff way to kill the speed/action.
- Torment? Freaking BAD AI. Ghost is afraid of me? Huh? Why is it running away like a kitten? Isn't it supposed to torment me? Scare me? Can't you make them always spawn near a rare/unique mob so it becomes a real t(h)reat? BUT I love their sounds and if they were a bit more rewarding I'd love to hunt them down.
Metamorph: Love that stuff! Just add some colors to its body ffs!
Delve:
- I truly HATE these cold fluid leaking b*****. It's a freaking deadly annoying pest and super hard to avoid/mitigate their degen dps when there are many and hell there are many in delve in tight corridors. Also very repetitive content. Always the same freaking mobs to get Azurite and damn these Azurite Exploding Golem are fuc**** trash and most annoying ever. I have to go behind a wall to avoid their stupid multi proj cast on death sh**. It's too deadly for build with little physical dmg mitigation. Flares SHOULD follow the player like Torches. Having to drop in on the ground is slow, dumb and VERY frustrating. God I hate it so much, you have no idea. Also, freaking 4K Azurite for the 13th flare? F*** that!
Most mobs are trash, annoying and boring. Only Azurite dogs are truly scary but heck what a damn bullet sponge... it almost reminds me of Blight bosses.

Big advice: next league should add little or NO traditional content, instead it should change/fix the sh** of previous "leagues" remains even if it means adding something new such as a NPC (for trading between players for example).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info