How i have banded the comunity together with my Wit.

"
drupanu wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:
"
Agilaz wrote:
TL;DR I made some mistakes in my build and/or lack gear, therefore the game is bad. Also the servers have occasional instability even though the whole thing is still in beta, so therefore the quality of this product is atrocious.

Seems that way.

How can i make mistakes in my build when gaming gear said all builds are VIABLE and you can build in ANY WAY YOU WANT .
Yet my build doesn't work , so from 100 possible builds 95 are crap and only 5 are good ?

"Here son you guess what skills are the right ones , and if you don't just reroll you'r char its k " .

All complete builds are viable. If, say, you start building a traditional cold witch and then halfway through switch to some random obscure melee DPS build, you're doing something wrong.
Would anybody like some... POUNDCAKE?
Natural selection mode: On.

Just review your build.

This game is having the very same threads that EvE had on it's fresh start. The game is hard - Learn with it and get stronger. This is not d3.
The first boss is hard and the game is hard. You can make your case, complain a little, troll a bit too and be trolled all you want, but the game is gonna get harder. I would recommend taking the constructive suggestions made above, play some more, and experience the game and come back with more feedback. People will beat Merveil with worse builds, worse equipment and worse luck. Attitude and perseverance are more important.
Last edited by Britannicus on Jan 24, 2013, 5:28:06 PM
on a serious note.....

it does seem like the hybrid classes are kind of less fortunate than the pure classes. it honestly seems like a disadvantage to be in the starting places of the templar and the duelist(havnt looked into the shadow much)

anybody care to explain to me, how you are supposed to build a hybrid(for a beginner, i understand builds are endless, but for somebody who is 1st starting and wanting to feel like a hybrid.)

I just feel like there is no reason to build hybrid as a hybrid class, and from the few builds i've seen from popular players, that seems to be the case, hybrids dont build hybridy they go far into 1 of their 2 respective trees.
As a first time ranger dealing with Mervail I forgot my sapphire rings, than she roflstomped me >.> (yay phys crit pre crit multiplier nodes!)

Than I bought 2x sapphire rings, and stomped her. She than got proper revenge by dropping a butt load of crappy loot.

In the end, Mervail won >.>.
"
drupanu wrote:

Dafuq cold and frost are 2 different resists ?

Cold has resists but there are also skills and mods which alter the effect of Freeze on your character, regardless, cold resist also reduces how often you are frozen. Bonuses which affect freeze are targeted at the effect itself rather than the damage that produces it.
Last edited by Britannicus on Jan 24, 2013, 5:26:11 PM
"
Britannicus wrote:
The first boss is hard and the game is hard. You can make your case, complain a little, troll and bit too and be trolled all you want, but the game is gonna get harder. I would recommend taking the constructive suggestions made above, play some more, and experience the game and come back with more feedback. People will beat Merveil with worse builds, worse equipment and worse luck. Attitude and perseverance are more important.

Gona give it one more shot with the resist rings and see how it goes...

I have friends that i can do this with but i really want all the loot for myself.
"
darkcrab wrote:
As a first time ranger dealing with Mervail I forgot my sapphire rings, than she roflstomped me >.> (yay phys crit pre crit multiplier nodes!)

Than I bought 2x sapphire rings, and stomped her. She than got proper revenge by dropping a butt load of crappy loot.

In the end, Mervail won >.>.

I think mervail is making the servers crash on purpose to have time to hide the good stuff.
thanks for the tip guys I too am having problem with her but figured it would be eradicated as soon as I could find enough town portals or a town portal gem...but cold resist sounds faster

my only problem with her is being a summoner I rely heavily on the zombies and once they are dead its all about kite flying time
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/141847 (shop)
IGN; xxdaath or aleister_crowley_lives

he who knows little believes he knows much
he who knows much as learned of his ignorance
Last edited by thelemite on Jan 24, 2013, 5:32:06 PM
"
Eleveneleven wrote:
They expect you to research online for hours like you're writing a thesis instead of actually having fun in game and experimenting. You're not allowed to experiment in this game unless you want to incur a huge time penalty (having to reroll).

Probably one of the stupidest things I've read all day.

The ONLY thing I have read about this game is the trading recipes, and I get by just fine.

If you have to look online to figure out really easy and self-explanitory things, you should probably be playing an easier game.

If you feel you have to have 100% perfect knowledge about a game before you play it and are completely unwilling to learn or figure anything out on your own...well, thats sad, really sad. Where do you find enjoyment in life?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info