1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

i made a build similar to this at the end of CB, pretty much untwinked. Played it up to lvl 62 or so and did some maps with not awesome gear. making something similar as my first char in OB as i found it pretty nice to farm with compared to my other chars.

In my build i went to iron reflex instead of templar area. Theres some nice life nodes near IR and some big int/dex nodes if you need. And also some attack speed. What do you think about going that route instead of over to the templar? Maybe having the avoidance from evasion is better and just use endurance charges for phys reduction?

Life gain on hit > life leech gem?
Quick note, you're only two points from the Amplify node, and I was under the impression that this would increase both the range and damage of Ground Slam and Sweep.
This build will be good in end game? I mean, I will die rarely and clean maps fast?

And second thing, its good idea when I take dmg nodes near templar and mara starting points?
Ty alot for the guide!
Two questions are left for me.
Do i get all Gems i can choose as reward at some point.. or do i need to choose them wisely?
(i am lvl 10 now and there a allready two rewards left.. because i dont know whats the best to take)
And will i do good dmg at lvl 70+ with this passives or do i will have only alot of life and only small dmg so it will be hard to solo things?

Ty alot in advance
For this build its better to have 45 life or skillpoint? For deals with bandits?
"
rokiiz wrote:
For this build its better to have 45 life or skillpoint? For deals with bandits?

life. no question about it

This is a great newbie guide and it helped me a lot. It's a must read for every new player.

Thanks for making it.
I just cried a tear of yoy when i tried that leaping slam thing. It FREDKING jumps over ledges and obstacles! Anyone using that ability with this build endgame? Seems so awesome at low levels :D

Another question, i watched Kripparians vid on "op" abilities and we are really close to 1 additional totem passive, would going for that be a good idea? With lightning totem maybe?
Last edited by fiddesoder99 on Jan 25, 2013, 4:16:43 PM
Massive thanks for this guide, very frustrating trying to look at these forums for build suggestions lately.

Following it currently and went Blood magic>Resolute technique myself. Could go either way but getting away from mana flasks asap was huge for me. I was going ground slam instead of sweep (did a previous version of this guide ignore sweep in favor of ground slam?) and targeting ground slam is a pita, but the practice may pay off in higher difficulties. Absolutely sweep for normal mode trash, much more effective.

I am also delaying the first bandit reward, +8% elemental resistance is worth well over 1 passive point to me, but I don't know how to compare that to 40 (or 45?) base health. Really a judgement call and I haven't been in harder difficulties to evaluate the choice.

Though the following may be going beyond the "newbie friendly" nature, couple questions on the build. Is armor mastery (no move speed reduction) flawed in some way? For one point even 5-6% move speed is well worth it for clear/grind speed alone, to say nothing about survival (move out of fire/bad) or actual dps. There are also a +30% fire damage from weapons and +30% elemental damage from weapons. I'm assuming once/if you get +fire damage support gems set up, those become amazing passive skills. That may not be easy until 50-60+, though.

Again: Many, many thanks for a usable guide, after looking at dozens of "Hey, here's 100+ points in the passive tree I chose because they looked good, what does everyone think?" 'guides'

Edit: Also starting to experiment with leaping slam, godly for bypassing trash to get to boss/summoner/undead reviver people. Decoy totem also looks very handy, though normal mode it hasn't been necessary, if it can take more than 2-3 hits could be a main tool for the build.
Last edited by Covenant on Jan 25, 2013, 4:56:49 PM
cant see the link to skill tree (( Somthng wrong with me? ))

Btw, is this build still good after patches?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info