1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

"
Fusion_Power wrote:
I'm Level 45 now and it plays pretty well with this build. :) I'm just leaving out Unwavering Stance at the moment but mybe I should try it. I don't like it that enemies can't miss me anymore

Consider it this way instead: how often do they miss you? The build has no evasion nodes and only one dex node (under golem's blood), so your evasion chance is pitiful anyway. Not being stunned is much nicer than a tiny evasion chance.
It´s still 3 nodes for 15% resists in each element, just like the nodes in the start. Dex doesn´t do nothing, the main function of stats isn´t the minor effects they have on their own but to support equiptment and gems.
"
Halinn wrote:
"
Fusion_Power wrote:
I'm Level 45 now and it plays pretty well with this build. :) I'm just leaving out Unwavering Stance at the moment but mybe I should try it. I don't like it that enemies can't miss me anymore

Consider it this way instead: how often do they miss you? The build has no evasion nodes and only one dex node (under golem's blood), so your evasion chance is pitiful anyway. Not being stunned is much nicer than a tiny evasion chance.

Good point. ^^
I actualy have no clue how often enemies miss me but yes, there is not much dex or dodge in the Marauders build. I also don't miss the mobs so I guess it's just fair this way. :D ...Actualy I still miss the mobs sometimes, even with Resolute Technique but this may be caused by Server-side lags, or they block my attacks like these Shield Guards do in Act 3.
"
My FAR bigger problem at the moment is just this: I don't get Items with 4 connected red sockets. XD It drives me mad, I wasted nearly my entire orb and item stuff to get just 4 connected sockets on an Armor with impressive 5 red sockets -no chance, now I'm poor and burend out of trading items, ouch, that was really expencive for my poor Stash.

And now imagine you need 2 red, 1 blue and 1 green sockets. Or whatever.
Searching for all-red sockets is the easiest, and I made the guide to require only those.

"
It´s still 3 nodes for 15% resists in each element, just like the nodes in the start. Dex doesn´t do nothing, the main function of stats isn´t the minor effects they have on their own but to support equiptment and gems.

Ye. You understood me wrongly. I didn't said why that Diamond Body sucks. I even don't think so, you are free to get it.

What I meant is that I took those Mara's resist first, because new players will need resistances ASAP.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73928 <-- [Newbie Friendly] Marauder Melee Build
IGN: NinjaArabStrategist
Also, if you're one of those considering the second diamond body without also going for IR or the two health clusters between ranger and duelist, you can spend those 3 points to instead get Body and Soul + 6% all, which gives a total of 16% all and 28% armor (which isn't much, but it does help survivability a little)
leap slam does improves mobility , gonna try it out

My gear
Spoiler

i think chest armor have to change to 4-5L ones, but hard to find though

Armor
Spoiler

but by using endurance charge can be increased to 50%

DPS
Spoiler

Skill
Spoiler
Ground Slam
Heavy Strike
Sweep
Enduring Cry

My Skill Forest
I think it's interesting that it seems all the people who have shown their gear have mostly disregarded the guide, and gone for stuff without max life.

Here's mine, for comparison (level 54, act 1 merciless)
Spoiler

2545 life, 1173 ground slam dps, 2513 heavy strike dps
45% fire resist, 3% cold resist, 48% lightning resist, -48% chaos resist, 563 armor (estimated 14%)

Current build
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswUtDjwS4RQgFE0UcRkuGekkiyfVJ-0otS3SMgk6UjrYPQ9AoETnUEdQUFRJVgRXDVhjXz9gS2CIYVJqHnKpdO1673uMfLt82YZgjM-ezZ8-n8uiAKLqpzCoGKlorKq53cRYxPbFisbY0iHZYd7B37_nUu8O707wH_Iv9kj3vg==

I plan on getting 30% cold resist with next two, then Body and Soul and the 6% all ele. After that, grab the third endurance charge+regen and then work on getting health nodes for the rest.
Looking to give away some of my maces I have for leveling, ingame is gandalf_thegray if its not verified its gone. Would like to give to people that really need it. Sos how me ur current mace in game

Last edited by celbii on Feb 2, 2013, 10:23:31 PM
Offline for now wont be on till tommorow prob
Last edited by syntax182 on Dec 28, 2022, 8:35:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info