1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

"
Disposition96 wrote:
I like this setup, very similar, I'd take diamond skin right off the start and re-spec it later just for that extra cushion (but I play hc), I think with the new gems coming out too.. Things are going to go well for us. :D I would also get blood magic on a new league myself.

I pretty much only play challenge hardcore leagues as well. Usually by end game, even without godly wealth, u can find gear to cap out your res as well as meet stat req without much help from tree. So diamond skin shouldn't be necessary by end game. Those few points are precious for dps/life.

With that said, with no changes made to blood magic (and mortal conviction), I would never voluntarily choose to have less dps for no benefit. Hatred and herald of ash is just too good to pass up and u still have plenty of mana to cast gslam off mana with just 2% mana leech on gear. I still don't understand how ppl go blood magic. I'm really curious.
ign: BeastModeNeedSkittles
"
SliMjiM811 wrote:
"
Disposition96 wrote:
I like this setup, very similar, I'd take diamond skin right off the start and re-spec it later just for that extra cushion (but I play hc), I think with the new gems coming out too.. Things are going to go well for us. :D I would also get blood magic on a new league myself.

I pretty much only play challenge hardcore leagues as well. Usually by end game, even without godly wealth, u can find gear to cap out your res as well as meet stat req without much help from tree. So diamond skin shouldn't be necessary by end game. Those few points are precious for dps/life.

With that said, with no changes made to blood magic (and mortal conviction), I would never voluntarily choose to have less dps for no benefit. Hatred and herald of ash is just too good to pass up and u still have plenty of mana to cast gslam off mana with just 2% mana leech on gear. I still don't understand how ppl go blood magic. I'm really curious.

This will be the first league I take part in to be honest. I was a CB tester, gave the game 10 minutes, didn't like the graphics and didn't want to learn a new currency. So now here I am learning everything all over again lol.

I appreciate this insight, it's good to see what other people think. I was more-so thinking diamond skin is only two points so you can unspec those later if you need to once you have the rest req's.
"
Disposition96 wrote:

I appreciate this insight, it's good to see what other people think. I was more-so thinking diamond skin is only two points so you can unspec those later if you need to once you have the rest req's.

There's nothing wrong with this.

2 skillpoints are nothing during levelling, and if it helps to beat a certain boss or zone, go for it.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
I wonder if this build still viable with 1.3 patch.
as do i.... If anyone has a link to an updated 1.3 Ground Slam build please post. Im assuming the detail is all the same but the skill tree is going to be slightly different?
Look one page back...
"
Disposition96 wrote:
Look one page back...

that was one guy.... i have no idea how reliable he is. Does that seem to be the best 1.3 setup?
My build for lvl 89 marauder with newly updated tree:

http://tinyurl.com/l9ascxm

"
skr1b wrote:
Does that seem to be the best 1.3 setup?

There really is no best setup. This setup works for me because I like to keep it simple on the tree and just stack life and damage on the way to key notables/keystones. Others will build more tanky builds with max end charges/immortal call (self cast) and probably also grab the new Soul of Steel notable. Some ppl will view unwavering stance and/or iron reflexes to be absolute must haves. In the end, it all depends on your playstyle and how comfortable you are with your character/gear.
ign: BeastModeNeedSkittles
^ that makes sense. Thanks for the solid response and your tree. Truth is I'm going to be starting a brand new char for the league on Friday. Im fairly noob. Only have a 79 ranger and 68 temp.... and its prob been close to a year since I've actually sat down and played the game for a good amount of time. If I invest time into this league i just want to make sure I'm not having to re-roll to min/max. Would like a solid guide on a good ground slam. I thought Alkaizer had a good build last league. I like the self cast stuff.... but again, I'm a noob so not just kind of follow players I feel are good and build around that.

Any input appreciated. Thanks.
question: How come some people use "Unwavering Stance" and others don't. Is it not really necessary end game? Or is that where it really is only necessary?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info