1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

"
AsenD wrote:
Just recently hit 66 and is having some trouble with maps around my level, got any pointers i should look for upgrades? i Still cant rock the blood magic skill, gets owned too fast.

this is my gear:

Spoiler
[

I'm rocking these stats:

Spoiler

3.4k Armor
2.6k hp
77 Fire
73 Cold
77 Lightning
-42 Chaos =S
92 Life/Sec

Skill DPS
Spoiler

Leap 1.4k
G Slam 2.6k
Heavy 4.6k

I also paid like 10 - 12 chaos for the 2h mace.. did i overpay?

Thanks in advance.

Are you sure that you took all of the life nodes suggested in the build? That seems low.

10 chaos for that maul is a great deal. I think you did fine.

If you are having problems with maps, maybe grind catacombs for a while. Also, when altering maps - take mods that aren't too tough.
"
sithren wrote:
"
AsenD wrote:
Just recently hit 66 and is having some trouble with maps around my level, got any pointers i should look for upgrades? i Still cant rock the blood magic skill, gets owned too fast.

this is my gear:

Spoiler
[

I'm rocking these stats:

Spoiler

3.4k Armor
2.6k hp
77 Fire
73 Cold
77 Lightning
-42 Chaos =S
92 Life/Sec

Skill DPS
Spoiler

Leap 1.4k
G Slam 2.6k
Heavy 4.6k

Thanks in advance.

Are you sure that you took all of the life nodes suggested in the build? That seems low.

10 chaos for that maul is a great deal. I think you did fine.

If you are having problems with maps, maybe grind catacombs for a while. Also, when altering maps - take mods that aren't too tough.

use your cast when damage taken with moten shield and enduring cry and you will be more flesible
Someone may have already covered this, but whats the thought on getting Master of the Arena? Its 3 nodes away and seems like a easily flexed skill.
Noob here, please go easy on me if I do something wrong.

In your TO DO list: "How to get DEX for Faster Attacks?"

I was wondering, instead of using the upper left part (the final part) why not using those points to continue the Bottom-Right part until you reach Iron Reflexes?
I mean, you get 40 dex in the process, and then wouldn't those armor/evasion gear offer more defense overall? Wouldn't that compensate the "Baptism of Light" node? The only thing is that you would lose one endurance charge in the process, I don't know of big of a deal that would be, all I know is that at lvl 33, those endurance charges on my mara are kinda lackluster since you need to kill enemies first to trigger them and then they would only last for like 10 secs...
Last edited by Yoomazir on Nov 11, 2013, 11:05:55 PM
Hi, Thanks guys for the fast response:

@Buzzinowt:

Skill Tree, i messed up at the start but im' going back on path now.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecFLQ48D8wS4RQgFHEZLho4GlUc5yftKS4t0jGeMgk1kjboOtg9_ECgQapE50ZpSshN2E3jUEdQUFRJVw1YY1ivWfNfP2BLYSFko2oeajtsRm6qcmxyqXTteA1673y4fNmE74cpiI-MdozPkFWRzp48nrmezaLqplemZKcwp4SoGKlurKq18rndu-3AGsbYyZjSIdlh51LsOO8O8i_z3fZI977-jw==

1. i messed up with the cast when damage taken.. working on buying another, i've only just realised it earlier last night.
2. Yep.. i'm getting rid of the spec throw as soon as i get home, i got molten armor and decoy totem ready to slap in anotehr cast when dmg taken.
3. i will work on the rings, the problem with teh ammy is it has 2% mana leech.. and without that i cannot spam Ground Slam.(unless i get bloodmagic, but i die)
Edit: I have several better rings actually (or so i think)but without the 12 to all attribute from teh gold ring i cannot use like 3 pieces of my armor.
Spoiler

Thanks for the tip! when i get home i will try to fix it up=D

@ sithren & @ zenbhandy: Thanks! i'll get on testing when i get home

but do you guys mind checking out my skill tree too? i still have some refunds and regret orbs i can fix up the skills.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by AsenD on Nov 12, 2013, 12:00:40 AM
"
AsenD wrote:
Hi, Thanks guys for the fast response:

@Buzzinowt:

Skill Tree, i messed up at the start but im' going back on path now.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecFLQ48D8wS4RQgFHEZLho4GlUc5yftKS4t0jGeMgk1kjboOtg9_ECgQapE50ZpSshN2E3jUEdQUFRJVw1YY1ivWfNfP2BLYSFko2oeajtsRm6qcmxyqXTteA1673y4fNmE74cpiI-MdozPkFWRzp48nrmezaLqplemZKcwp4SoGKlurKq18rndu-3AGsbYyZjSIdlh51LsOO8O8i_z3fZI977-jw==

1. i messed up with the cast when damage taken.. working on buying another, i've only just realised it earlier last night.
2. Yep.. i'm getting rid of the spec throw as soon as i get home, i got molten armor and decoy totem ready to slap in anotehr cast when dmg taken.
3. i will work on the rings, the problem with teh ammy is it has 2% mana leech.. and without that i cannot spam Ground Slam.(unless i get bloodmagic, but i die)
Edit: I have several better rings actually (or so i think)but without the 12 to all attribute from teh gold ring i cannot use like 3 pieces of my armor.
Spoiler

Thanks for the tip! when i get home i will try to fix it up=D

@ sithren & @ zenbhandy: Thanks! i'll get on testing when i get home

but do you guys mind checking out my skill tree too? i still have some refunds and regret orbs i can fix up the skills.

Thanks in advance!

Ok, I'd respec blood drinker, the 3 attack speed nodes, the strength node opposite the 30 intel node and the three armor nodes at the top near the endurance charge. Then I'd grab the six life nodes on the right and then start with the resists above sentinel on the right hand side.

You can try trading your cast on damage taken 1:1 for a level 1 gem, I recently did this with my faster attack gem after leveling it too high.

As for you gear, I'd try to be upgrading to +life and the stats I mentioned in my post. You should aim for gear that's cloeser to your stats considering you took both the +30 dex and int nodes. You can get every piece of armor with only strength requiremnts and it's not worth wasting a ring spot to hold gear which is exactly the same as strength only based gear (which also comes with the benefit that it's easier to get the sockets you want and higher armour). None of your gear is really what you want except the maul, boots and maybe the sash. I'd try to get the next 3 18% res nodes and then replace your items one at a time.

If you get more life gear and respect those blood magic shouldn't be an issue at all. If you get some life regen you shouldn't be able to hurt yourself with it at all (without even accounting for life leach).
IGN: FaunStar
"
AsenD wrote:

this is my gear:

Spoiler
[

I'm rocking these stats:

Spoiler

3.4k Armor
2.6k hp
77 Fire
73 Cold
77 Lightning
-42 Chaos =S
92 Life/Sec

Skill DPS
Spoiler

Leap 1.4k
G Slam 2.6k
Heavy 4.6k

Thanks in advance.

looking good. try and get some more hp. i wouldn't worry about spending 10 chaos for that mace. it's a good mace. well worth it.
"
Yoomazir wrote:
Noob here, please go easy on me if I do something wrong.

In your TO DO list: "How to get DEX for Faster Attacks?"

I was wondering, instead of using the upper left part (the final part) why not using those points to continue the Bottom-Right part until you reach Iron Reflexes?
I mean, you get 40 dex in the process, and then wouldn't those armor/evasion gear offer more defense overall? Wouldn't that compensate the "Baptism of Light" node? The only thing is that you would lose one endurance charge in the process, I don't know of big of a deal that would be, all I know is that at lvl 33, those endurance charges on my mara are kinda lackluster since you need to kill enemies first to trigger them and then they would only last for like 10 secs...

For 7 points going up you get
40 str
30% physical damage with mace
20% armour increase
24% life
10% light radius

For 6 points going right you get
10 str
40 dex
Converts all evasion to armour

Ontop of that you can get another endurance charge. Easy choice IMO, especially considering I don't plan on taking any evasion gear anyway and the base evasion is only like 300. Endurance charges get a lot better later when you get cast on damage taken, because it casts itself upon taking damage with no cast time.
IGN: FaunStar
I think it's time for my first post at this forum.

I got lvl 70 and I can tell you that this build is absolutely viable. I have completed all the standard contend as a solo player. I rly didn't have problem till god of exile. Right now i have unallocated 7skill points. My stats are:
3900hp
2400 armor
All ele res 77 / chaos 10
Hs dps 6k
gs dps 2800

I found it even better in a docent group. Maps with no regen are pain in the ass so I avoid them.

Sorry for my English.
Last edited by prosi4k on Nov 12, 2013, 3:59:48 AM
Currently level 37 and wondering what if I should be leveling Warlord's Mark or keeping it @ level 1.

max level benefits worth the 70 health cast cost?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info