1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

What are your thoughts on Lava Lash (30% additional fire damage)? Do you know if it pairs with the 20% physical damage added as fire damage support gem?

Good guide so far. Only level 24 but playing very casually.
"
zhhuan wrote:

Also, if you don't mind, can you give an example of the same build with 20 ish more points and completely optimized? I'm scared to put any points anywhere past what this tree has shown because I'm scared that it might be wrong XD

Yeah I know what you mean man, I don't want to waste any points either, I think this build is pretty decent though. Just check out this, and Mouze' build also to get an idea of what you want to do.

Seems to be doing alright though in the late 20's.
@zhhuan
Omg, dont be afraid. Those are minor changes. For perfect build you will have to change 3-4 nodes. Much less that free respecs.

A OPTIMIZED BUILD ESPECIALLY FOR YOU

@Lava Lash
It works with Added Fire Damage, but adds so shit amount that getting 8% increased physical damage will cause higher damage than Lava Lash.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73928 <-- [Newbie Friendly] Marauder Melee Build
IGN: NinjaArabStrategist
Last edited by NinjaArabStrategist on Jan 27, 2013, 6:35:38 PM
@zhhuan
Omg, dont be afraid. Those are minor changes. For perfect build you will have to change 3-4 nodes. Much less that free respecs.

A OPTIMIZED BUILD ESPECIALLY FOR YOU

@Lava Lash
It works with Added Fire Damage, but adds so shit amount that getting 8% increased physical damage will cause higher damage than Lava Lash.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73928 <-- [Newbie Friendly] Marauder Melee Build
Last edited by NinjaArabStrategist on Jan 27, 2013, 6:35:50 PM
Hello everyone. I don't want to be insulting but I dislike this build of yours. Here is some explanation and similar point and tactic build from me.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEswUtDjwPzBQgFE0UcRkuGekaOCftKLUyCTpSQKBBP1BHUFBR5lRJVgRXDVhjWfNfP2BLYIhhUnKpdO1673uMfNmGYIzPkFWcJ57Nn8ugnaIApmSnMKeEqWisqrQvud3AGsbYyZjSIdlh3sHfv-St51LuFO8O707wH_Iv9kj3vtSP890hYHTxnrnsOFfid-UyiXbn

So why I think this is better.. You have taken 6 nodes of +15 single resistances while you could just take 2 Dex nodes and diamond skin that gives +15 all resists. Also if you have taken so many ele resist nodes I think you want to max them, then why not take +5 to max resistances .. its really a good thing to have 20% incoming damage not 25% .. thous last ones are a big difference in terms of taking damage.

Also you haven't taken any ele damage nodes .. +30% fire damage and 50% ele damage nodes gives you some nice damage boost. and that is only 4 points to spend on the way that will scale from your physical damage.

P.S. I made alterations with your build to maintain its starting idea. I am using quite different build myself.
MY BUILD
@Diamond Skin
My build takes this node later on, on the way to Iron Reflexes.

@Elemental Adaptation
New players won't be able to max resists. Sorry.

@Elemental Resist Nodes
They for making new players NOT being 1-hit KO from Merevil/Vaal

@Catalysm&Lava Lash
Only if you have some linear-elemental-damage-mods, which cannot be maintain pararelly with health equipment by new players.
If you want to fully use those node you should defenetly try Mara EleBow.

YOUR BUILD
@Endurance Charges
You take none of them. Good luck.

@30% fire resists for just one node will save new players' ass many times.

Don't be afraid criticizing me. The feedback is this, what created this guide. At the beginning it had just one build.
Last edited by NinjaArabStrategist on Jan 27, 2013, 6:49:13 PM
Great guide man!

Would be great if you could post lightning strike build! I'd really want to see it.
Sometimes you need dex and int for some gmes to upgrade them.
Do i get them from skill tree or items on me?

As a Marauder... what color of the gems is best for me.
I have played A LOT less defensive build then this and I am without any points in charges and I am clearing last act on last difficulty right now. So no charges is kinda viable too.

You haven't picked up charges too. They can be unlocked in both builds if player desires with not many points spent.

You wont max resistances in first act in first difficulty. And first act is faceroll even for beginners to this game. In second act you are starting to gear up, and maxing resistances there with rings and some passives i not that hard.

About elemental damage. You use fire damage that adds 30% at the start if im not wrong physical damage as fire .. at my level its 42% .. with +80% easily obtainable ele dmg nodes you can get it to 75% added fire damage. Its a nice boost for not a lot of points spent there. Just see how much your total damage is elemental..
@up
Yes. But you are still talking you and me.
I guess you didn't read whole topic, beacuse thats over 20 pages so far. I don't want to say you should. I want to say I've listen too much about 'how difficult Prison is'. In normal difficult. That why I want players to put those few points into resistances.
I know I wont max resists by 1st act. I don't aim in it. They will have ~50% resists and this should be enough.

Added Fire Damage adds 28% of base physical damage.
Lava Lash increased fire damage by 30%, so it acts like 8.4% increased physical damage node. It does not worth it in my opinion. If you don't believe me - check Mouze's thread. He's not taking Lava Lash too.
Of course we assume we don't use Anger since I can't expect from new players to maintain INT for it.

I'll keep in mind your feedback. What's on my to-do list is ordering players to take Endurance Charges in core-build. At the beginning I was scared, that ppl will say 'omfg, EC shiet', because this is how players like to act on Endurance Charge builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info