1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

Does added chaos damage worth a socket? Or should i get cold damage? Right now (70+) i took off my lifesteal gems and looking for replacement. Faster attacks gem are simple and works great, but I`ve noticed chaos damage costs pretty much. So whats better as 4th gem for 4L: chaos/faster attacks/fire penetration/cold damage? I`d like to get not dps only, but ability to stun every blue mobs with huge single damage. The other gems are still the same melee damage+fire damage.
"
Pi314 wrote:

edit:
And no diamond skin (+15% ele resistances) in duelest tree?
yeah, u have to spend 2 skill points on dex to get it.
not worth the 2 skill points?

edit2:
From the 1st page, How u do u get 9 endurance charges?
u start with 3, get +3 from nodes and +1 from bandits.
Thats 7?

1: You can get 16% resist all near the templar area for the same three points (Body and Soul + 6% all). It's something you can consider as an option if you need the extra resists.

2: There's a unique ring, Kaom's Sign, that gives +1 max charge. You can, of course, wear two of those.

"
emjay2d wrote:
"
WE DO NOT USE ARMOR FOR PHYSICAL REDUCTION, BECAUSE IT IS INEFFECIVE! WE USE ENDURANCE CHARGES BECAUSE IT IS SUPER-EFFECIVE! Using pure energy shield equipment will change mothing in our build! More it was add some (negligible) survivality, because of additional energy shield pool.

Im having trouble understanding. Is he saying that it dosent matter if its armor or evasion, cause they both suck and we use endurance charges?

Yes. It's not that you don't want armor, but you want max life very, very much more. If you end up getting those awesome end game items with tons of armor, resists and max life, it might not be a bad idea to get some +armor % nodes either, but it is most definitely a bad idea to get those nodes if you don't have those items, because then the points will be more or less wasted. The guide omits stuff like this, because it's difficult enough to get people using the right gear as it is (just look over the pages, how many people link their gear, saying they have problems with the build, and then there is hardly any max life on their stuff).
You do not want evasion at all (exception: iron reflexes builds, but that's outside the purview of the guide), since Unwavering Stance is used.
any advice what item i should upgrade?? So far i have only bought/crafted stuff with pure armour but since that dont matters (?) mabye i should get some arm/ev gear since its easier to come by??

can someone link me the new updated skill tree?
"
Brimstoned wrote:
A WARNING TO NEWBIES CONSIDERING THIS BUILD
TLDR:

If, while watching Lost, you found yourself overwhelmingly envious of the guy who had to push the button every 108 minutes (or something TERRIBLE would happen) while likewise thinking how much better it would be if instead of every 108 minutes he had to push it every 14 seconds...then this might be the build for you.

God seriously cry more.
It is one extra ability you have to use with a timer on it, and once you've gotten used to it, its not really a big deal.
Its the only little thing that makes this build a little challenging, which is quite okay since you shouldn't be running around in merciless act 3, or 70+ maps, 1 shotting everything and not taking a hit.
IGN: Johnday_RA
OP: Thanks. Picked up the game recently having loved DII. Looked at it, almost fell off my chair at the learning curve. Hit the forums, found your post and it helped me into a straightforward build.

Now i'm planning all sorts of other chars but here is where I started :)
"
No_idea wrote:
Does added chaos damage worth a socket? Or should i get cold damage? Right now (70+) i took off my lifesteal gems and looking for replacement. Faster attacks gem are simple and works great, but I`ve noticed chaos damage costs pretty much. So whats better as 4th gem for 4L: chaos/faster attacks/fire penetration/cold damage? I`d like to get not dps only, but ability to stun every blue mobs with huge single damage. The other gems are still the same melee damage+fire damage.

Defenetelly faster attacks
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73928 <-- [Newbie Friendly] Marauder Melee Build
IGN: NinjaArabStrategist
hi all.
Ive followed this guide and til act 2 cruel, it was fine.
Now its like a big brick wall, i finished act 2 cruel when i was lvl 45 but now im 49 and still cant progress through act 3. I read ~50% of this whole topic and saw ppl dont have much trouble as me.. (im usin end charges frequently, its one of the most important key point in this build but it couldnt save my ass in act 3).

So, i take a deeper analyze and pay more attension to gears. Here are my opinions:
_ In Act 3 we encounter more and more Chaos dam type, so chaos resist is a must
_ this guide is based around not only Life but Life regen, in various forms: %Life regen (mostly from passive skill tree), Life leech/Life on Hit and the ugly Life regen per sec (its too tiny, mainly in early-mid game like mr OP said). To improve survivability, we must raise max Life (better Life, better %Life regen per sec) and Life on Hit. To do that, we should look for + max Life and ATTACK SPEED gears (ATTACK SPEED is something ArabNinja forgot i guess), since our base atk speed is too low (2h mace), not much atk speed node from passive)
_ Armor/resist aint so important but absolutely required, so %armor and %chaos resist are things we should keep in mind when farmin/tradin for stuff

Anw, its my current gears, lookin for better stuff.
Spoiler

My stats:
Spoiler

LVL 49
Armor: 733
Fire/Cold/Lightnin/Chaos resist: 75/51/73/-1
Life reg per sec: 78
HP: 1800
900 DPS on heavy, 400 on Slam

TL;DR:
how to improve:
_ Max Life is a must
_ atk speed, 2 atk per sec is ok i guess
_ chaos resist/increased armor
_ i need some advice how to progress through act 3 cruel cheaply..
Last edited by soulbrn on Feb 21, 2013, 4:49:12 AM
Well... This is actually common problem, because you probably have problems with snakes in slams, dont you? Equipment you have are decent, so I think it is your gameskill.
In poe you cant be tank, you cant stay and take damage because you will die in a seconds. You could through normal because of overpowered build.

For snakes, just simply dont stay in a place like a dump, but kite and dogde their shoots - they are easly avoidable.
I think GGG made it on purpose - high, easly avoidable damage critters to prepare you for merciless.

btw: connect added fire damage to ground slam, not stupid decoy totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73928 <-- [Newbie Friendly] Marauder Melee Build
IGN: NinjaArabStrategist
"
emjay2d wrote:
"
WE DO NOT USE ARMOR FOR PHYSICAL REDUCTION, BECAUSE IT IS INEFFECIVE! WE USE ENDURANCE CHARGES BECAUSE IT IS SUPER-EFFECIVE! Using pure energy shield equipment will change mothing in our build! More it was add some (negligible) survivality, because of additional energy shield pool.

Im having trouble understanding. Is he saying that it dosent matter if its armor or evasion, cause they both suck and we use endurance charges?

Anyone???? Bueler???? Just want to know for sure if I should be going pure armor, or evasion/armor? Or if it dosent matter at all.
Last edited by emjay2d on Feb 21, 2013, 7:09:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info