Dungeons and world

Hi!
So I started testing this game since yesterday, already have 2 charrs(11 lvl ranger and 17 lvl shadow) and having fun, but after some time i get borred. Why? Well, dungeons and world look quite poor and repeatable. Dungeons looks like they were made from some editor, no any art design. Graphics are very weird. Yes, there are sharp textures, but it doesnt looks good after all. Diablo 3 has almost every lvl designed differently, there is much art design, destructable environment and mobs, many skill effects and other like that. Even Diablo 2 looked more natural, like creators put more art work to it, not just some editor mode.

Trading, getting gear, combat(except of lacking physix) are fine, but this poor and shallow world/ levels put me away a little.

How do you feel about it?
Last edited by Tomeusz on Jan 24, 2013, 4:26:47 PM
Incoming !
TFIGEGKTB
A lot of people here will not agree. This game has it's own style and it's own feel for the world, and I for one find it quite enjoyable.
I'm not a n00b- I'm a Online Game Floor Examination Expert.
"
Misguidance wrote:
A lot of people here will not agree. This game has it's own style and it's own feel for the world, and I for one find it quite enjoyable.

My thoughts exactly.
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
"Holding the line, on sixteen to one!"
Inb4 Shaitestorm
If you wish for a key? pray to the allmighty Keysus. If you want a speedy Blessing? Donate to the church of Keysus and ye shall receive a Blessing.

*Disclaimer- This is now a vintage saying*
"
Tomeusz wrote:
Hi!
So I started testing this game since yesterday, already have 2 charrs(11 lvl ranger and 17 lvl shadow) and having fun, but after some time i get borred. Why? Well, dungeons and world look quite poor and repeatable. Dungeons looks like they were made from some editor, no any art design. Graphics are very weird. Yes, there are sharp textures, but it doesnt looks good after all. Diablo 3 has almost every lvl designed differently, there is much art design, destructable environment and mobs, many skill effects and other like that. Even Diablo 2 looked more natural, like creators put more art work to it, not just some editor mode.

Trading, getting gear, combat(except of lacking physix) are fine, but this poor and shallow world/ levels put me away a little.

So different that it's the SAME EVERY TIME YOU PLAY IT, right?

While I'm definitely not defending this game, I can comfortably say Diablo 3 takes the cake in what I'd consider monotonous environments (regardless of what there is to click out there).
At least act 2 is not a freaking desert.

OP. I have to disagree. While the first act is indeed not very colorful, it's really atmospheric. The second act where you go the the lush forests is really good with a nice mix of different dungeons and environments. And act 3 is pure awesome.
"
Tomeusz wrote:
Hi!

I'm pretty sure most all areas are procedurally generated, not done in an editor, as opposed to diablo 3.
IGN: Warp_Nine
"
"
Tomeusz wrote:
Hi!

I'm pretty sure most all areas are procedurally generated, not done in an editor, as opposed to diablo 3.

Diablo 3 did have some of their levels procedurally done, just in a very limited way. I think POE has more potential to add more pieces to the landscape and grow everything out even more (since they use tilesets as opposed to hand-placed zones).

Let's hope it gives them more time to work on Melee skills (Ahem!)
"
Tomeusz wrote:
Hi!

This game looks more realistic, and it's good that way. D3 looks like a retarded cartoon. D2 looked more natural in what way? I don't understand how you can seriously compare D2's graphics to any modern game.

But the statement "like creators put more art work to it, not just some editor mode" shows just how little you understand.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info