Don't Ask Pavshaus

"
Hardlicker wrote:
Good morning people. I missed you guys too.

The silly season means random people like my best friends and siblings feel they need to hang out with myself and my family. Which cuts into my wasting time on the internet. As much as I love having people over, I also really need my space. Looking forward to the new year when everything goes back into a routine.

I will be addressing my name in the next installment of ask Dr Hardlicker, just as soon as I get a couple more questions from new people, or I might just let the thread die of natural causes i.e. lack of interest.

Now to address Pavshaus: The answer is guilty pleasure. What is the question?

For you the answer is of course very very expensive bourbon.

Spoiler
Mostly because you don't feel any guilt when drinking cheap bourbon

For MoonYu the answer is ...

Spoiler

For VictorDoom the answer is fantasizing that you are stalking him.

Spoiler
Actually that's not a fantasy since it is true but he still enjoys it.

For me the answer is ...

Spoiler

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
Pavshaus always comes through with the goods.

Next up: The answer is MoonYu. What is the question?
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

"
Hardlicker wrote:

Godlike?
"
Moonyu wrote:
Godlike?

Pavshaus is totally awesome but your getting a bit carried away with calling him godlike.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

Pavshau, not going to ask you if Hardlicker is trying to get my goat.

Spoiler
I think we all know the answer.
Spoiler
baaaa!
"
Hardlicker wrote:

This one is tricky.

Many people have misunderstood the origins of the name MoonYu. Some have felt that it is ethnic in origin and indicative that MoonYu is actually a short balding Chinese man in his late 50's. Despite the fact that MoonYu actually is a a short balding Chinese man in his late 50's, that is not the origin or meaning of his name.

Others believe that it is a combination of the English word Moon, which is of course is "The Moon" (the big white thing you often see in the sky at night), with the word Yu which is the Chinese word for fish. They combine the two and say that MoonYu=MoonFish. Half of this group believes that this relates to his fondness for Opah (moonfish)which is very popular in Hawaii. The other half believe that it is indicative that he was born while the Moon was in Pisces (Pisces of course being the zodiacal fish). The later group goes on to insist it is correct because people who are born while the Moon is in Pisces tend to be spaced-out and absent minded. Again while all of this is quite true it has absolutely nothing to do with his name.

The actual origin for the name MoonYu is based on a little known fact that MoonYu was one of only a handful of babies who came out full backwards at birth, thus Mooning everyone in the delivery room. The nickname was later hardened in stone predicated upon what he was likely to do, "Moon You" if anyone ever mentioned to him or teased him about his somewhat embarrassing how he was born. The "o" in You was dropped at some point and the words joined together to cleverly disguise the nicknames origin.

So then, as explained, the question is of course, "What is MoonYu likely to do if you mention to him how he was born?"
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
Last edited by Pavshaus on Dec 30, 2013, 6:14:54 PM
"
Moonyu wrote:
Pavshau, not going to ask you if Hardlicker is trying to get my goat.

Spoiler
I think we all know the answer.
Spoiler
baaaa!

Actually you are quite correct he is trying to get your goat and with good reason...

Spoiler

P.S. Hardlicker I'll be by at around 6pm and I'll bring the Bourbon!
I find your dissection of the meaning of my name entertaining. Entertaining, but far off base.

I have been quite open about myself. I am a female, robotic devil, southern Scottish redneck half breed male, with a gorgeous mane of goat hair, gorilla.

Pretty fucking obvious!

As to being a short Chinese man in his 50's. Close. 49 in about two weeks. Or Capricorn. Or, sign of the goat! (Being born in the Year of the Dragon is the only Chinese part of me...That I know of. Mom?)

But Pavshaus? Sounds Michiganie. I could be wrong. Might allude to a extraterrestrial birth which would explain a lot. I would ask you to expand on your name, but this is the don't ask Pavshaus thread and I never violate other people's posts.

Spoiler
Best lie ever!
Pavshaus, when will Zelda rescue the princess?
Twitch.tv/Nithryok
"
Nithryok wrote:
Pavshaus, when will Zelda rescue the princess?

Only when she learns the ancient art of self help will she be able to save herself, unless you actually meant Link in which case Link wanted me to share this message...

Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info