IIQ/IIR: MF Balance and Diminishing Returns guide (v2.2)

"
Qhorrin wrote:
Good work, but:

"
Chuca79 wrote:

- Balancing IIQ and IIR increases the drop, as shown in the first graph.

I don't believe the data supports this statement - you would need runs with IIR=0 (and varying IIQ) and IIQ=0 (and varying IIR) to compare with before you can assert that balancing is better than simply maximizing IIQ or IIR.

I'd also like to see some analysis of how well different formula for magic find fit the data. For example, one common assumption back when low-life righteous fire sporkers were viable was that IIQ was more important than IIR, and one proposed MF formula reflected this:

MF = (1 + (2.5 * IIQ / 100)) * (1 + (IIR / 100))

i.e. IIQ was 2.5 times more important than IIR (can't recall right now how the '2.5' figure was arrived at, but it was plausible - I think it might be in the thread for Eckalina's LL RF build). You've assumed that IIQ and IIR have equal weighting.

A big part of this 2.5 is due to itemization. Which is the same reason everyone has more IIR than IIQ. At least for jewelery there are 2 IIR mods, and one IIQ mod. The IIR mods have a higher range than IIQ. There is also IIR jewelery.

I remember long ago someone did research pointing to the best way to get uniques and rare was to improve both equally. However, since IIR mods are much more prevalent than IIQ it is better to have 2-3x more IIR than IIQ.

For example, a perfectly rolled ring would have about 20 IIQ and 50 IIR.
"
Qhorrin wrote:
You've assumed that IIQ and IIR have equal weighting.

Well, weight of IIQ and IIR are of course different, due to IIQ is harder to get higher. Is the mechanic itself who gives that weight.
This way, I don't think including a constant like 2.5 in the formula was a good idea because those constants are inherit from the own IIQ and IIR values.

Of course, you can take the formula, take all the data from the Dominus runs, recalculate it with the new formula you wrote and see if it's still logic (or even more logic).

Regards, and thanks for your feedback!
- Attack and Spell DPS Calculator (view-thread/977942)
- IIQ/IIR balance guide (view-thread/725812)
Last edited by Chuca79 on Jan 28, 2014, 5:50:39 AM
I kindly disagree ;)
Have anyone considered that GGG decreasing the IIQ values had in mind just simply decreasing the clutter that happens on ground when you cull with extremely high IIQ values? (pre release)
It doesnt necesarry mean that with lesser IIQ values you would have same results like back then, so iam really into the idea that those values IIQ and IIR are both equally weighted.
But since lack of IIQ on items (beside unique ones) and commonly appearing IIR, its just the mechanic that pushes players into rather going for rarity then making screen full of items in hope to get anything decent in the ground-pile-of-garbage!

Correct me if iam wrong!
Necroing a bit. I have 202IIR/188IIQ and would like to hear more discussion about this.
Culler-support build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617230
Dedicated support build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1702757
Last edited by dulahan200 on Mar 2, 2014, 6:53:15 PM
b
Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you.
Updated with some minor corrections.

Still doing runs with different MF values, but not updated due to the results are the same as published last month.
Learn a lot
~Voe's taiwanese friend
"
rabbit95901 wrote:
Learn a lot
~Voe's taiwanese friend

Nice to see you like it!

Best regards.
Updated to v1.0.3: added Path of Dominus thread link at the bottom. A very good VoeHermes work about Dominus' unique drops.
Sharing some of my results here. I'm at 388/150 atm, first runs had a little less (like 380/147 or something close). Ocassionally (like 1/70) I missed my flask, and even a cull once (dem crits!)

All drop is only from 2nd form dominus, and in 2 man part (runner+culler).

Uniques Runs Ratio
Run1 19 21 0,90
Run2 16 36 0,44
Run3 6 13 0,46
Run4 11 12 0,92
Run5 4 14 0,29
Run6 38 38 1,00
Run7 13 27 0,48
Run8 13 24 0,54

Total 120 185 0,65
Average 15 23,125 0,65
Culler-support build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617230