IIQ/IIR: MF Balance and Diminishing Returns guide (v2.2)

"
kompaniet wrote:
POSSIBLE IIQ IN CHALLENGE LEAGUES:

perandu belt: 6-8
thief ring: 10-16
goldwyrm boots: 14-20
sadima gloves: 12-16
(divination distillate: 12-18. (15-23 with alchemist passive))

sum of all: 42-60 (54-78 with divination flask (57-83 with divination flask and alchemist passive))

maybe i missed some items else i don't think you can get any higher iiq than this.

i think the guide should be updated to reflect what items can actually be obtained now. it's kind of silly that all these legacy items and gems are included here resulting in iiq values well over 83.

u can still get over 100 IQ easily. Just roll your maps right. I carry around Sadima's Touch, Aursieze, Goldwyrm, and Wondertrap and swap depending on how much IIQ I need to hit c8, Unless of course map IIQ is totally different somehow.
IGN: DabrixRN
Last edited by Thomasmgp on Nov 2, 2014, 8:28:56 AM
Updated with a video from klaaayver, explaining How to farm Dominus with multiple clients + How to balance your mf values and more.
- Attack and Spell DPS Calculator (view-thread/977942)
- IIQ/IIR balance guide (view-thread/725812)
I did some strand farming and found 100iiq/300iir best for rares and still have some clearspeed left.
Mapping is a diverend story. For clear speed reasons I ended up with 80iiq/40iir and alching every map. Not many uniques or even rares. But on average 3 6sockets a map!
Thanks for your comment, Kaw.
- Attack and Spell DPS Calculator (view-thread/977942)
- IIQ/IIR balance guide (view-thread/725812)
This is a great thread indeed.

I didn't do a proper study yet, but I was running maps for a long time with 71 IIQ and 360 IIR and when I upgraded to having 71 IIQ and 460 IIR and was running same maps - and didn't notice nearly any difference on unique/rares drop.

Still do not get how the diminishing returns work, and do they work at all with both IIR and IIQ...
200% rarity = on average 1 unique per two Dom runs.
Just did 10 dom runs with 458//89 and got 1 unique. Gonna take off 73 ir, do another 10 dom runs and see if my unique's increase. then i will be at 333/ 89.

Edit:
Okay i just ran another 10 dom runs minus the 73 ir so i was at 333/89. I got 8 uniques this time :).
now i can drop my andvarius cuse it was making my loot worse!
Last edited by ktrop14 on Jan 9, 2015, 11:28:34 PM
"
Thomasmgp wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:
POSSIBLE IIQ IN CHALLENGE LEAGUES:

perandu belt: 6-8
thief ring: 10-16
goldwyrm boots: 14-20
sadima gloves: 12-16
(divination distillate: 12-18. (15-23 with alchemist passive))

sum of all: 42-60 (54-78 with divination flask (57-83 with divination flask and alchemist passive))

maybe i missed some items else i don't think you can get any higher iiq than this.

i think the guide should be updated to reflect what items can actually be obtained now. it's kind of silly that all these legacy items and gems are included here resulting in iiq values well over 83.

u can still get over 100 IQ easily. Just roll your maps right. I carry around Sadima's Touch, Aursieze, Goldwyrm, and Wondertrap and swap depending on how much IIQ I need to hit c8, Unless of course map IIQ is totally different somehow.

When i wrote that i meant only player iiq. With map iiq you can of course reach higher numbers. But you make a good point there and a good idea swapping gear depending on map roll.

"
ktrop14 wrote:
Just did 10 dom runs with 458//89 and got 1 unique. Gonna take off 73 ir, do another 10 dom runs and see if my unique's increase. then i will be at 333/ 89.

Edit:
Okay i just ran another 10 dom runs minus the 73 ir so i was at 333/89. I got 8 uniques this time :).
now i can drop my andvarius cuse it was making my loot worse!

I think that is just fluke. This is not diablo 2 after all where we could put on some extra mf and immediately notice a difference. The unique drop rate is so incredibly much lower in poe so mf has much less effect here.

It's exacly as written in the guide:

A Magic Finder is designed to farm, of course. But keep this in mind: the chance to drop a high tier unique will be almost the same with 100/400 than with 0/0 (due to the small chance to drop those hi-tier uniques). The main purpose of farming is to become a yellow-drop-machine so you'll get a lot of minor currency to convert to Alterations, Jewellers and Fusings, and more some minor tier uniques.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jan 10, 2015, 12:01:28 AM
*Fixed Equation and Grammar

"
Chuca79 wrote:

From thread 725812:

This is more of an explanation of how the quantity and the rarity mechanics works. I'll try to explain to the best of my ability in my point of view, how to balance the Magic Find of our farmer the most optimal way. [*Fixed Grammar]

--THEORY--
What is the best? High Quantity? High Rarity? More of the former than of the latter? At what proportions?

The best, pulling logic and tutorials on the subject, is a correct balancing of both. Nice to increase our IIQ in order to increase the enemies drop. And equally important, increase our IIR for those items may fall as much as possible magic, rares, or uniques.

Let's use this formula to calculate a good balancing between IIQ and IIR:

The higher this coefficient, the greater balance we'll get on our MF gear in order to obtain more rare items.

The plot of this formula would be something like this:

Magic-Find Coefficients
In-Game Name: BLOOBERRY_
Mall/Shop: 800001 ---------- Magic-Find Build: 746000

[NUKE]
In-Game Name: BLOOBERRY_
Mall/Shop: 800001 ---------- Magic-Find Build: 746000

[NUKE]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info