Bino's Kitchen Knife regeneration mechanics tested

"
Sneakypaw wrote:
When people argue like this about the effectiveness of an unique item, then GGG did something right.

I think your heart is in the right place, but I don't think this is precisely the argument that you want people to be having...
"
SinisterGrin wrote:
"
The magnitude of the new poison effect and the regeneration effect are both the same as the magnitude of the poison effect that was on the monster you killed. Viper Strike charges aren't poison.

"The thieves guilds of Oriath teach a wicked skill to all initiates - the feared Viper Strike. Employing the skill, a claw, dagger or sword user coats their weapon with deadly venom, a concoction so virulent it permanently marks any weapon it contacts. Once the toxin is applied, the weapon will poison any it strikes, burning deep into their veins, causing wracking, crippling pain. Additional hits will increase the concentration of the toxin, stacking it up to lethal levels quickly. Few have survived an assault of Viper Strike and those who have never forget the agony."

So... I can only assume that description from your dexterity gems section is going to be changed soon?

Story is one thing, actual mechanics is an other.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Yay -_- .....another item so good its only achievable to the very wealthy/no lifer/RMT players.
Hurray for terrible economy/trade system.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allan Poe
IGN: DarkenedSoui
I really want to try out this unique item since it has a lot of potential, and can be nique in a way. Sadly, the price tag is way out of my scope.

I really want to try it out along with Daresso's Defiance +

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Dec 26, 2013, 5:58:44 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Peenk wrote:
Who cares really? It's just another BiS unique item to make up for the shit rares that drop.

BiS compared to
???
I hardly doubt that.

And dont forget - players with DPS so high that they kill stuff less than in a second will take Vaal Pact to leech instantly. Both ES and life based (ES - because VP has no drawbacks for them, and life - because they dont need to waste nodes to get it, usually. And what is the drawback of Vaal Pact? Right, you CANT regenerate life (though you will still heal teammates, probably). And you actually dont need that regenerating either, when your recover full HP wwith a single hit.

So, my verdict:
This dagger is a good endgame item for physical dagger build (200+ DPS, 9.5+ crit chance - such daggers were worth 10-15 exalteds before this patch). But it isnt BiS, because rares can have MUCH higher DPS, and it matters really there.

my gosh did you even read what he said? He compared Bino's to rare DROPS not 1000 exalted crafted mirrable items. Wow.

I agree with what the guy said, it's a BiS that is going to be priced out of everyone's 90% of everyone's range probably and meanwhile we're still getting shitty rare drops and shitty unique drops too. It's a shame because this was the only cool looking unique from the last patch unveiled so far. What uniques am I supposed to be looking forward to finding ? Veil of Night????
Last edited by BearCares on Dec 26, 2013, 6:13:29 PM
"
BearCares wrote:

my gosh did you even read what he said? He compared Bino's to rare DROPS not 1000 exalted crafted mirrable items. Wow.

I agree with what the guy said, it's a BiS that is going to be priced out of everyone's 90% of everyone's range probably and meanwhile we're still getting shitty rare drops and shitty unique drops too. It's a shame because this was the only cool looking unique from the last patch unveiled so far. What uniques am I supposed to be looking forward to finding ? Veil of Night????

Unique's price is quite dependant on their drop rate, as well. Maligaro's Virtuosity are BiS gloves for all crit builds. But even perfect ones cost just few exalteds (affordable by any endgame player). Abyssus and Meginord's Girdle are obvious BiS for Facebreakers, and for some other builds too. Their price doesnt exceed few exalteds either. And there are tons of such examples. Hey, even shitty vendor uniques (Stone of Lazvar, Quillrain) are BiS for certain builds.

Drop rate will state the price of this unique. It will vary from 20 exalteds to less than one, depending of how often it will drop.

BTW, i got my BiS mirrored dagger with perfect stats without any RMT, without dedidcated MF build even, i farmed all wealth with melee CI character, and i was able to get mirrored item in less than 5 month of playing (from the moment i started playing this game as a complete noob), but i mirrored another dagger, BIS at that time. I upgraded my dagger to BIS just recently, not because i couldnt, but because my precous dagger was enough to detroy things too.

You know, you CAN get BiS gear, if you stop whining "crap drops, no progress, bla-bla-bla", and start to enjoy game instead.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
you still don't get it - we're talking about DROPS. Not crafts and purchases

to some people playing for 5 months in order to get a mirror or a mirrored item isn't feasible or reasonable
i would really like it if build enabling or at least unique mechanics uniques were a bit lower on the stat side and quite more accessible.

p.e. this dagger that has some really nice mechanics tied to it (poison spread/regen) could have been a 1.1 aspd dagger with a bit lower damage ~10%lower, dropping it from 220pdps to 155pdps and it would still be really nice for adder's /dots builds.

then it could have been made a much more common unique since it wouldnt fringe on the territory of pure pdps crit daggers.

same thing with shav's, drop it to like 250-280ES down from 400 and make it more common to allow low life builds and etc
Last edited by shroudb on Dec 27, 2013, 6:03:33 AM
"
BearCares wrote:

to some people playing for 5 months in order to get a mirror or a mirrored item isn't feasible or reasonable

Why crafting is suddenly a Taboo for you? Currency is also dropped, like gear. Whole point why all those orbs are used as cerrency is because they CAN be used to create godly items.

All top rare items are crafted. And it's good, because it keeps economy healthy. Without such crafting, without mirrors in game, i would never be able to afford BiS item, just like it was in D3 (where after 5 months of play i wasnt even close to obtaining BiS items). Want to know, why? Because BiS items in D3 cant be crafted using CURRENCY (all your crafts will be shit). So, there are no limits on how expensive BiS rare items can became. In PoE, on contrary, there ARE such a limits. Because of those limits, i was able to get BiS rare in not too long period of time.

This dagger is a perfect example of a GOOD, BALANCED endgame unique. It has solid DPS stats, but properly rolled rares beat it down by far. It also provides sweety additional bonuses, but again, best builds have little use of those. If only all engame unqiues were like that, not like stupid OP Kaom's Heart.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
BearCares wrote:

Why crafting is suddenly a Taboo for you? Currency is also dropped, like gear. Whole point why all those orbs are used as cerrency is because they CAN be used to create godly items.

All top rare items are crafted. And it's good, because it keeps economy healthy. Without such crafting, without mirrors in game, i would never be able to afford BiS item, just like it was in D3 (where after 5 months of play i wasnt even close to obtaining BiS items). Want to know, why? Because BiS items in D3 cant be crafted using CURRENCY (all your crafts will be shit). So, there are no limits on how expensive BiS rare items can became. In PoE, on contrary, there ARE such a limits. Because of those limits, i was able to get BiS rare in not too long period of time.

This dagger is a perfect example of a GOOD, BALANCED endgame unique. It has solid DPS stats, but properly rolled rares beat it down by far. It also provides sweety additional bonuses, but again, best builds have little use of those. If only all engame unqiues were like that, not like stupid OP Kaom's Heart.

It's not taboo. You are missing the point. The only people who can actually craft end game gear are super rich. These are the very same peopel who have no problem buying any unique that they want. Crafting is not an alternative for good drops. Crafting is a luxery. Everyone else has to trade for upgrades to their gear or get super lucky.

People don't craft off of drops, they craft off of the economy.

Therefore, any BiS super expensive unique that is also build enabling will fall into the hands of the people who craft. THEREFORE, both the mirrored, crafted rares AND the Shavronne's end up in the same people's hands. And everyone else wears their dunce caps while picking up shitty drops.

I'm not knocking this knife I'm just saying if this knife turns out to be another Shavronne's I'm not gonna like that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info