FAQ for the shop and effect items.

Bumping this, as I suspect people may start looking at the shop while the servers are wobbling. XD
I'm not a n00b- I'm a Online Game Floor Examination Expert.
"
KalROFL wrote:
His justification for the weird fees on $5 and $10 purchases makes no sense. Oh well, nice FAQ TC.

Credit card companies charge transaction fees to businesses for allowing customers to pay with credit cards. So as you spend more money, that fee becomes negligible. But for small amounts (such as $5) it becomes a bigger issue. This is why you see signs in many smaller businesses that there is a minimum charge of $5 or something like that for a credit card transaction.
"
Why this isnt sticky yet?

IGN: KimELF, I encourage every player before making a thread to use Search option, Yes forum has that!
"
kimon wrote:
"
Why this isnt sticky yet?

I'm sure the mods and devs have their reasons, and in the meantime, I'm happy to keep bumping it now and then when needed. :)
It seems it is also possible to lose effects by destroying items in town. I just lost my horns due to careless trashing of a crappy helmet. already contacted support, just thought people should know.
I wish I could sticky it but we have too many stickies as it is. I sacrificed mine for Peachii's, for example.

But I've spoken to the web-dude and they've made a note to add an official faq/list of instructions to the shop page.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Charan wrote:
I wish I could sticky it but we have too many stickies as it is. I sacrificed mine for Peachii's, for example.

But I've spoken to the web-dude and they've made a note to add an official faq/list of instructions to the shop page.

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. :D Thanks for the info! I look forward to reading the official FAQ when it's ready. ;)
Very nice thread!
Healped alot!
"
TheGreatSwift wrote:
Very nice thread!
Healped alot!

Glad it helped! :)
"
Q: I don't like the number of points I get for $5 or $10! Why is it like this?
Spoiler
Chris from GGG gave us the following reason for the uneven amount of points for lower transaction amounts:
"
We do this because of credit card fees. Smaller transactions have much larger fees. If people spend more in one go then we save money. This allows us to give you more points for those purchases.

If we wanted to be greedy then:
a) We would not have anchored the price at 10 points = $1 for all of Closed Beta (and the most popular $20 pack in Open Beta). Every single other company we found used weird ratios to try to make it confusing what things cost. Here we're happy to say that a 75 point effect is very close to $7.5.

b) We would offer more incentive for the higher packs. As it stands, it's just a few percent. We could have made it 20 points for each dollar for higher packs, but that'd reduce the value of points that Closed Beta members purchased for high packs.

Chris has been made aware that the main bone of contention is the fact that you get a weird amount of credits (ending in a 6) when shop items are all multiples of 5. He's going to discuss the idea of rounding up the credits (from 46 to 50 say) and increasing the transaction charge to cover the costs.

It was on reddit here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1757c3/the_new_item_shop_is_sick/c85ilxg

Edit: Formatting

Edit Edit: Q: Can I lose these effects by mistake?

This has been addressed in the latest patch. You can no longer overwrite microtransations.
Last edited by Tuame on Jan 30, 2013, 1:04:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info