Need help on what char to choose for a build

"
Jase wrote:
Templar/Witch can get all block % nodes with 94 points used. (minimum)
That's 69% block. Not sure how much you actually need and how many points you want in other useful skills, but those two would be the classes I recommend looking at to start.

From what i saw,marauder & templar have most of the shield nodes:) so i should make a marauder/templar probably?:)
Can you give me a link?:D

how is this?
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBhMSb7Irkr2zp1Qz3PC3E9iftrKpZ88AaZp6plVFgGjJwfU99gFb60h0UTDUoxfO-44LnC96wj0anCJ2uiLo1gDEB2CQ2xR8C5nyFxX7iKw0ZLtlhVw37qqC08wbSIZ7NpzAB5zboZKMaVQY5ecDu2W-E-4FhIYTvXhPDhueRrK8byEMxtkFOKluv3Q38xVb67g7Xy7fTPeIa2_ljFfAF-aOKmybo1t722j0nYQbpCSEbl83qBbW0xcLsHoFLjSQl8i-53e8O51JUSV8_9kiMz1BQWGM9_Hy41I8pLve-
is this templar block build good?
Last edited by thegamingkage on Jan 24, 2013, 6:02:07 AM
I've never tried making a character that uses block, so I can't tell you what's good or not, sorry.
What I can tell you is that for templar this is the most effective way to skill ALL shield block chance increase.

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVs3R2usRUcxATWAiLqExJvsiuSvbOnVDPedrqcIj0YdFEw1KMXzvvrSZp6plVFgGjJwfdgkNsUfAuZ8hcV-4isNPC3E9iftGS7ZYVcN-6rzBqC0xq63Pnq4rpO18qlu0TZ4DVivNuhkoxpVBjl5wO7ZYSGE714Tw4bnkayvbqo_JypNFSAs6a-n9qPveu4O18u30z3iA9tD0spKwzqbtSLq6Nbe9to9J2EG6QkhzeoFtbTFwuwegUuN_xw=

Other than that I wouldn't know about how to make your build as you're taking a balance of life and resists along with the block. I suppose if you stayed away from the ranger and shadow parts of the tree you'd lose some block but gain a bunch of points to put into life/resists/armor.
Exiled on a Path.
"
Jase wrote:
I've never tried making a character that uses block, so I can't tell you what's good or not, sorry.
What I can tell you is that for templar this is the most effective way to skill ALL shield block chance increase.

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVs3R2usRUcxATWAiLqExJvsiuSvbOnVDPedrqcIj0YdFEw1KMXzvvrSZp6plVFgGjJwfdgkNsUfAuZ8hcV-4isNPC3E9iftGS7ZYVcN-6rzBqC0xq63Pnq4rpO18qlu0TZ4DVivNuhkoxpVBjl5wO7ZYSGE714Tw4bnkayvbqo_JypNFSAs6a-n9qPveu4O18u30z3iA9tD0spKwzqbtSLq6Nbe9to9J2EG6QkhzeoFtbTFwuwegUuN_xw=

Other than that I wouldn't know about how to make your build as you're taking a balance of life and resists along with the block. I suppose if you stayed away from the ranger and shadow parts of the tree you'd lose some block but gain a bunch of points to put into life/resists/armor.

Ah i see so you're suggesting i make crescent moon or half -moon side of the pasive skill tree hmmmmm im not sure how much block chance i can AND IF I SHOULD sacrifice -.- :( :D Can you help me make an optimum one?points-usage-wise
Can you help me get linked in here those items taht apply block chance to spells & dodge spells or idk?:D

BTW quest rewards i will be taking the all resistances i think :) or the base hp hmmm not sure... the bandit one :) i think all resistances :D so i let 109 or 110 out of 111 points used?is this one good?
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBVs3R2usRUcxATWAiLqExJvsiuSvbOnVDPedrqcIj0YdFEw1KMXzvvrSZp6plVFgGjJwfdgkNsUfAuZ8hcV-4isNPC3E9iftGS7ZYVcN-6rzBqC0xq63Pnq4rpO18qlu0TZ4DVivNuhkoxpVBjl5wO7ZYSGE714Tw4bnkayvbqo_JypNFSAs6a-n9qPveu4O18u30z3iA9tD0spKwzqbtSLq6Nbe9to9J2EG6QkhzeoFtbTFwuwegUuN_xzUj7nd8i_vDudSVElfP2ebKS5xTZrPQ2O3MVj1ncQ=
Last edited by thegamingkage on Jan 24, 2013, 6:21:40 AM
To start with, you can have a maximum of 121 Points. Assuming that you help that bandits all 3 times you will have 118 to spend at max level, but good luck getting there!

Ok here we go:
1. You didn't pick any life% nodes. They're kind of essential to any life based build.
2. You skilled life regeneration, but you're going to have very little life so it's practically worthless.
3. You didn't take any keystones. Maybe unwavering stance might help. I'm not sure how stuns are applied to block.

With that in mind I've created this, but I'm sure that it can be improved.
It uses 111 points which is way too many in my opinion, but it gives you some stuff to go for. In addition I've reduced the additional block to 47%, maybe you can make it work with some skills. Like I've said before, I don't know much about block.

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAhMQFW5vsN0eK5Gusr2xFR-nVMQEM9zWAPC2IusT2xq6drifttz6nCBkuerjYJI9GuJPZYdSPrpM2xR0UDH1XDbndtfIfAvrSTDUQf_uq8i_vDqlu5nxmnjbpKMXGnqC08wbnUngN0TaFxamVcU0kquNq875USVivfuJwfVFgms8ZhV8_NugrDRoyQ2P2SDpSZKO3MYzPhmAaVVj1UFBWBAY5YSGdxFhjYVJ5wITvxtify-7ZXhN07cOGeu_nkWBLrK8FLVPfxFhY2yfVhNlHfqvF_gryRedjplc64Yjx
Exiled on a Path.
meh..ill just start a farming char first i guess -.- hmmmm
what char & build would u suggest me to use?;D
That's really up to you. Here's a few tips that I think might help.

Melee, Bow, Spells?
Any Keystones you like?
High dps/High survivability?
Solo/Group Play?

Personally I'm making a wand templar (No I'm not following Krip.)
Haven't seen anyone do something will the skills I'll be using so I thought it might be interesting. It might fail completely, I don't know and that's half the fun!

To me this game is more about making my own build than following others. There are obviously some popular builds like ethereal knives and ground slam, but I find those to be too mainstream and that's why I try to think of unique builds that may not be the best, but are the most fun for me.
Exiled on a Path.
I like blood magic & iron grip/iron will a lot :)
My ice spears witch will be using dual redbeaks + pain attunement + blood magic keystone or gems :) for Whole-Building-Filled-Of-Cookies-Cutter :D:D:D:D:D:D :P . BUt i need a farming char first
Also will have a few more epic chars but i've skipped PoE a while so i wouldnt get wiped third time -.- so i will need some help tweaking or even farming the items that means i'll take whatever effective char i can make that means BOTH survivability and dps ratio :) so i wouldn't and i quote " or you'll piss with pots mate" :D:D:D epic my fav quote from an old friend's warrior build in Dragon Raja hahaha.

Want something to fast level & be able to farm a lot,firstly..That's all :) than i will make my own outside-za-box-thinking builds :D so what's trendy these days?:> dmg/survivability ratio :D
Last edited by thegamingkage on Jan 24, 2013, 7:34:13 AM
BUMP
I am proficient with all playstyles,just want something that farms fast & levels fast too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info