Need help on what char to choose for a build

Hello guys i need your help to know wich char to make marauder/duelist/templar/ranger/shadow
What i want,is that build that was spotlighted number 7 i think?the ranger using shield & tempest buff + molten shell and high block chance + unique amulet or whatever that also adds the block/dodge to spells .
But i want it FULLY DEFENSIVE ( I will add a secret ingredient,don't worry bout how i will handle)

What class can reach the easiest of all -prioritizing in this way i think - Block Chance ( whatever block passives there are,recovery too i think) Than ALL REZISTANCES (and normal resistances i guess if the separate nodes give good percentage ,& some chaos/poison resist too i guess) than not sure about HP & HP Regen wich one of those two should be last.
Would apreciate some help in making fully defensive passive tree using shield & res than life etc :D .Thank you in advance.
Well, it's tricky, you can go witch/shadow with ranged attacks and energy shield for high defense and survivability, or go Marauder and munch up all resist and life leach very early on (stil it's a melee class so you're up close and personal with the worst mobs), but the thing is if you try to go full defense you will still be raped if you can't dish out enough damage. Come life regen mob in higher diffculties and you'll be squeeling. :) I would say a pure evasion build is the most tricky one, because when you eventually get hit..

But in my expirience, if you plan nicely everything works great so just try to have fun and use the first character to get to know game mechanics, skill tree layout, skill gems and possible combinations as well as recepies for vendors. And most of all, have fun doing it. See you in game.
Say no to Shabby Jerkin.
The offensive skill will be shield charge ,the rest buffs/auras..The other ingredient is a secret !!! SECRET omfg people stop speculating & making me specify @!$!@ secret tricks :P :D
i did mention i dont want ranged atks etc witch bla bla

I guess templar/marauder have highest resistances right?:) & some ele dmg...
What i want to focus on is ALL SHIELD PASSIVES ( block chance & delay if there is any), Resistances come second,than hp & hp regen :) fully defensive passive tree :)
Wich class can help me get that easiest?emphasys on the shield ones..templar/marauder or what AND WHY?...
Last edited by thegamingkage on Jan 24, 2013, 4:16:34 AM
I would love to see how that works out for you. But be warned, aura cost has been upped greatly so you would have to rock some reduced cost support gems and such to sustain your idea. Anyway, I had some time on my hands so here. For what you want, Marauder seems like it can spread to snach all of these shield passives, gathering resists, elemental damage, some health leach and health nodes along the way.

http://postimage.org/image/5h9ji4jcx/
Say no to Shabby Jerkin.
"
Fluffynator wrote:
I would love to see how that works out for you. But be warned, aura cost has been upped greatly so you would have to rock some reduced cost support gems and such to sustain your idea. Anyway, I had some time on my hands so here. For what you want, Marauder seems like it can spread to snach all of these shield passives, gathering resists, elemental damage, some health leach and health nodes along the way.

http://postimage.org/image/5h9ji4jcx/

No no no not necesarily life leech...firstly some life % percentage and life regen too...You dont think i can find kaom's heart chaos plate from first monster in game right?:D:D :P
Well thanks for the help,can u help me prioritize life percentage & regen too before the leech?
Thats not too hard, you just grab the ones that are nearest and easiest along the way. Best way to go around planning that would be to go to GAME/PASSIVE TREE (on this site), pick marauder and type 'life' in search (same can be used for anything really) . It will highlight all the life nodes around your marauder, so you can plan what to get, when and what can be most profitable to take along the way. It will also spare me from using my insane paint skills :D
Say no to Shabby Jerkin.
Last edited by Fluffynator on Jan 24, 2013, 4:32:48 AM
Cant you just link me a skilltree from the official site?:|
Sure, sorry bro :) Here, i picked Marauder for you allreadfy, just type life in search.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEA You can go fullscreen with it, or just expand it with letter 'F'.

P.S. You can get to skill tree just by scrolling up from this forum, mousing over section that says GAME and picking PASSIVE SKILL TREE. You don't have to jump through any hoops to find it, and it will help you on planning your future builds. Besto of luck.
Say no to Shabby Jerkin.
"
Fluffynator wrote:
Sure, sorry bro :) Here, i picked Marauder for you allreadfy, just type life in search.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEA You can go fullscreen with it, or just expand it with letter 'F'.

P.S. You can get to skill tree just by scrolling up from this forum, mousing over section that says GAME and picking PASSIVE SKILL TREE. You don't have to jump through any hoops to find it, and it will help you on planning your future builds. Besto of luck.

what priority do you suggest me after all the shield nodes? what order should i pick for life,armor,life regeneration ( i think this one is good hmmm or armor before life..not sure)
and Enemy Critical Strike Reduction should i get those too?:)

Does FITNESS ,Savant,Might,Agility stack? keystones like fitness etc?
Also Shield Charge gets bonus from atk speed & faster cast rate or what??:D
Last edited by thegamingkage on Jan 24, 2013, 5:16:55 AM
Templar/Witch can get all block % nodes with 94 points used. (minimum)
That's 69% block. Not sure how much you actually need and how many points you want in other useful skills, but those two would be the classes I recommend looking at to start.
Exiled on a Path.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info