Nemesis One Week Race

"
ruFFa wrote:
there wont be like microtransaction points for any race ever! they will destroy their incoming because everyone would speculate to win points rather then buying them ;).
My memory may be completely failing me at the moment, but I'm fairly certain that they have given microtransaction points out for races in the past. Doing something like that rarely isn't going to hurt their income.
they used to give currency, not micro transactions. It was like 10 random currencies (scaling up for better rank obviously). Which could be transmutes to exalts
ign: Vixien
Last edited by vixien on Dec 24, 2013, 2:03:18 PM
"
vixien wrote:
they used to give currency, not micro transactions. It was like 10 random currencies (scaling up for better rank obviously). Which could be transmutes to exalts
I'm not referring to what the common giveaway in CB was. I'm referring to one or two special events.
so only 0.1% of people gets something?:(okaaay....not doing that:(
Having played in a couple of the week races faring well in one and not so well in others, prizes out to the top 40 seem inline with how many people play in the event anyways.
Even when there where prizes more people liked and wanted on that last day there are usually only a couple hundred max still trying. erry body tries like mad for the first two or three days and then rips hard (this time it will be to corrupting blood hayoo) then most stop playing.
I wouldn't mind it having been included in season 5 but who cares maybe I'll finally get my first demi.
member since 0.9.13i
the race starts in europe on 1/1/2014 00:00 cest. are you for real Grinding Gear Games?
http://de.twitch.tv/wichdy
"
Xenest wrote:
"
"
Xenest wrote:
Oh cool, another race where only the people who play non stop 24/7 get rewards. GGG, please add more incentive to give regular/casual racers a glimmer of hope of actually getting a demigod.

Demigod's are trophies, they're supposed to be special and given to people who excel in performance. You don't get Olympic medal's for trying, you've gotta beat the best.

Yes because everyone can easily compete against someone who can spend 100+ hours playing. Guess they out performed me because I have stuff I need to do and can't devote all my time playing PoE.

You wont win in a sport without tons of time to devote to it either. People sacrifice their free time in order to do these things. If you're not willing/able to do that, then surel you benefit somewhere else in life from it, but you certainly can't win a trophy for it. That's not the way the world works.
IGN = Dellusions_Duelist
Is the timer broken?
Because it says that it starts at 12 pm.
In the Event -> Events section its says 12 am.
I do like the idea of combining the mods from ladder leagues at the end of the season. The reward system though... meh. Doesn't seem like any thought was put into it at all. I feel like that's way too many demis to be given out in a single race, and it's not even by class, so 40 scions could end up winning them all. I'm not saying they will, but I always like to keep track of where I am compared to other witches hoping to get some bonus points by being in the top 10. I like having a little series of goals to meet, like getting 5 points for a given level. It keeps me motivated to continue the race. For this race, my only incentive is to see how the mods interact. I'm not wanting anyone to hand me a demi. I would just like there to be some sort of incentive, because I've really been looking forward to there being a week long race since last season ended, as I knew I would have more time this season. It would be cool if there was some item unique to the race that had a chance to drop, that we could take to the Nemesis league. The incentive doesn't necessarily have to be a reward, I realize it is off season but this race is a large chunk of time, and most won't have anything to take away from it.
The prizes are fine.

I won't even come close to the top 40, but I'm still going to give it a shot.

Why? Because it's a game, and I'm here to have fun. I don't need some "shiny" handed to me to make me feel better about it, I just need to have fun.

The world of participation trophies has ruined you guys. You don't deserve a prize just because you signed up. You have to earn it. That's how the real world works.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info