False Sense of Entitlement

"

Meh, there hasn't actually been a noticeable sense of entitlement from any diamonds that I've seen. Mainly just silver and below, I'd say. If you're willing to throw that much money at a game, that's truly saying that you care about the game. Not just the perks of the pack. Though, if there were anyone in PoE that I'r think has earned the right to a little entitlement, it's reaper. He's like a 5x + diamond supporter. That is truly impressive dedication.

Hey! leave me outta this!

Dem trolls be at my door already! :P

"Bullshit, you get the game for free." - Qarl 2014
"The 5x Diamond Supporter"
"
Why do some people that have spent money on this game feel entitled to bash free users?

I've spent most of the last 12 hours answering nonstop questions for new people and not even playing the game, helping people get email issues fixed and other assorted problems both in game and on the forum. I love this game and want others to love it also. Supporter tags don't show in game and don't mean all that much to me.

I've met some extremely nice and genuine people in PoE so far, look forward to meeting more.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

most of the supporters ive talked with dont feel anything like that, sure there are a few here and there that think they deserve to be treated like some kind of god because they donated, but like 99% are good people
"
Why do some people that have spent money on this game feel entitled to bash free users?

Because some people have a superiority complex and an entitlement complex.

Personally I dont care if you are a free user or a diamond supporter if I think you say something stupid or out of line I'm going to mention it.

To whoever said it was mostly silver level and below. Thats an ignorant statement. Of course it will look that way there are MANY more silver and below users. I could say its mostly from Bronze and below and still be accurate but it would be dumb to say.

In a sense I kind of wish GGG would just remove all forum titles below Diamond. They dont publicly display post counts or join dates which is smart imo. If the title isnt there, it wont be thrown in anyones face. I say keep diamond because thoes are the ones who sank alot of thier money into the game. Rich or poor it doesnt matter. A grand on a game is alot of money for said game. For the most part you dont see them on the forums either. For having over 200 Diamond packages sold you really only see a couple dozen lurking the forums.
"
Doommarine654 wrote:
it is because the fact that they work 8-14 hour days and they feel just because they gave up their hard earned money for a game they are entitled to act as tho they are a supreme being. when in fact the free users are attempting to see if the game is worth it or not.

i as a free user will continue my parade of playing for free because i feel more accomplished knowing that i wade through tougher stuff to get as powerful as the credit card warriors.

and if i deem a game worthy of receiving my money...i will spend my money on the game but not to increase my power but for mostly cosmetics and pets.

this is how i play all F2p games and will continue to do so. power to the gamers who work for power!

This post is actually a pretty good answer for the OP.

A non-supporter shows up, gets ALL his facts wrong about the game, and insults the very people who threw money at GGG because we wanted a non-P2W hardcore ARPG to play.

The only people I've seen getting "bashed" are the numpties with new accounts that can't wait 5 minutes before creating a new thread filled with how outraged they are about something. At that point, it has nothing to do with paying money or not paying money and everything to do with being a loudmouth who hasn't demonstrated the ability to do anything other than whine and complain.
"

Truth... They are extremely insecure people. Their parents likely used negative reinforcement on them. They did not pay money to support the game. They payed for what they view as a higher level of class within this community.

Pro-Tip: Just ignore them. You getting offended at them being smug is just getting them off. Just completely ignore any form of "elitism" you encounter, within this community and anywhere else you find yourself. You don't have to ignore the person, just that one characteristic.
Well, if it's a Diamond Supporter, he pretty much owns you.

Literally. You're his slave. Now go get him tea.
I am a Templar and my legs are cold.
In my experience, the bigger issue is that every reasonable criticism is met with staunch defense of GGG. It makes it difficult to argue for reasonable changes when people are constantly making straw man arguments, and that is what tends to happen when people go into White Knight mode to defend the company. Most of the arguments are straw men of the form "well, if you don't like it, don't play" or "Diablo III is over there!"

I don't see a lot of issue with people who have paid acting superior to those who haven't. We all want playmates.
Last edited by KalROFL on Jan 24, 2013, 9:10:01 AM
We are not all bad. A few people have gone through this a few times and are most likely jaded. I was helping to answer questions for about an hour last night in general.
I haven't put anyone down as far as I know.

I got on to someone in closed beta for berating people who were asking for beta keys, but that's it--and I just called him out on it--I didn't act like I was better than him because I was paid or anything...

We're not ALL bad... ;)

"
ocajavati wrote:
Well, if it's a Diamond Supporter, he pretty much owns you.

Literally. You're his slave. Now go get him tea.

LOL
Last edited by AlienOne on Jan 24, 2013, 9:34:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info