Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

I guess that depends on your life pool and how much mana you have reserved and thus your buffer when in combat. I'm currently using a lvl 2 Clarity on mana while I'm waiting to acquire a Blood Magic gem. After that, I will be levelling the Clarity some. LeMing's gear links show that he has lvl 14. I don't know if that gear is up-to-date though...
"
Bizze79 wrote:
I guess that depends on your life pool and how much mana you have reserved and thus your buffer when in combat. I'm currently using a lvl 2 Clarity on mana while I'm waiting to acquire a Blood Magic gem. After that, I will be levelling the Clarity some. LeMing's gear links show that he has lvl 14. I don't know if that gear is up-to-date though...

Im level 74, "solo" cleared a 76 map with my 10arua support friend.
Was able to clear 74 solo solo.

No need for vaal pact right now, res is more of an issue even with purity.
I run all 4 auras. Hatred,grace, purity, clarity. barrage mana never runs out, but I am unable to cast spells.

I might do my manual cast enduring cry + cwdt+immortal call if survivability becomes and issue. As of now, molten shell + granites + nice party works.

gear posted works, just cant double stack ek.

Last edited by asdf54321 on Mar 10, 2014, 11:10:19 AM
I see you have a lvl 15 Barrage gem. Is it worth it to go past level 10 when the mana cost increases? They physical dmg isn't really what makes this build ticking, right? Maybe I'm missing something since I'm new to Barrage.

"
asdf54321 wrote:

I am unable to cast spells.

Use blood magic.

Another option:

As I've said earlier in this thread, but you probably haven't seen, skellies are amazing if you need to solo heavy hitters. They become 6 at higher levels and you'll generally spawn all 6 of them with one barrage crit. Also, they spawn right on top of your target which aggroes it, unlike CwdT or spell totem skeletons. The curse is self-explanatory.

"
Bizze79 wrote:
Is it worth it to go past level 10 when the mana cost increases?

No. You can even play with level 1 barrage, it won't make any difference.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 10, 2014, 12:48:19 PM
Can someone review my gear? I need 3 more levels for vaal pact but I have no idea which gem should I replace for lifesteal.

IGN: Aristona
"
Bars wrote:
"
asdf54321 wrote:

I am unable to cast spells.

Use blood magic.

I am unable to cast spells only when i run 4 auras.

Another option:

As I've said earlier in this thread, but you probably haven't seen, skellies are amazing if you need to solo heavy hitters. They become 6 at higher levels and you'll generally spawn all 6 of them with one barrage crit. Also, they spawn right on top of your target which aggroes it, unlike CwdT or spell totem skeletons. The curse is self-explanatory.

"
Bizze79 wrote:
Is it worth it to go past level 10 when the mana cost increases?

No. You can even play with level 1 barrage, it won't make any difference.

I can 100% spam levl 15 barrage with 4 auras. mana isn't a problem.
edit: you wrote within my quote and confused the shit out of me

About lvl 15 barrage: not saying you can't, it's just not worth it. You might have to increase clarity level to sustain it, and you don't gain anything.

"
aristona37 wrote:
Can someone review my gear? I need 3 more levels for vaal pact but I have no idea which gem should I replace for lifesteal.

Remove chain. It doubles your mana cost and it nerfs EK damage against single targets. I wouldn't use chain even if I could get it for free as an additional 7-th link or something. Your AOE will still be great without chain. This gem is useful only if your crit chance isn't good because it guarantees more procs, and your crit chance should be great with these items.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 10, 2014, 1:35:41 PM
"
Bars wrote:

Remove chain. It doubles your mana cost and it nerfs EK damage against single targets. I wouldn't use chain even if I could get it for free as an additional 7-th link or something. Your AOE will still be great without chain. This gem is useful only if your crit chance isn't good because it guarantees more procs, and your crit chance should be great with these items.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Right now mana is not an issue. I have 80 mana regen with clarity.

What should I use instead of chain? Dual EK?

I was planning to buy a tabula rasa but don't know now.
IGN: Aristona
Assuming your Mana Regen is high enough (And with 80 it definitely should be):

Replace Chain with Faster Attacks.

More attacks per second, means more Procs, and mana cost is lower than with Chain.

I'm able to sustain:
Barrage + COC + EK + Faster Attacks on a level 6 Clarity with 29% Mana regen from gear.

Adding Life Leech I'd probably need somewhere around level 8 or 9 Clarity to compensate for the extra cost.
IGN: Tresmere, Mariela, Manyella
Usually online M-F 5-6p EST - Varies on Weekends.
"
Bars wrote:
edit: you wrote within my quote and confused the shit out of me

About lvl 15 barrage: not saying you can't, it's just not worth it. You might have to increase clarity level to sustain it, and you don't gain anything.

"
aristona37 wrote:

chains don't reroll crit. crit is rolled once when you fire and once only. chain is for purposely gimping your own spike damage so you can mitigate more reflect via cwdt-ic, so you can stack more crit multi and spell damage. and even more EK range from q chain is nice as well for clearing packs you haven't actually seen yet

you can always swap it out or just straight take it off for map bosses

that said...he has neither impressive multi nor spell damage. replace chain with life leech, it's a waste of a slot right now

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info