Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

is Void Battery good for this build?
Hello. I'm currently intersting in this build. But I still have some questions in my head.

1/ Is it good if I spare a 4l to get CoC - EK - Chain - (not sure about 4th slot)? Think I will get double dps.

2/ Stacking life with shadow seems like a bad choice, he is dex/int though, and I never ever played a life base shadow before. Could someone tell me how much life we could have in 80-90 lvl, since we used a lot of non-life uniques.

3/ I'm saving gear for this build, but not sure if I made the right choice or not. Here is what I've bought

And self found stuff

Last edited by camapngu133 on Jun 28, 2014, 10:18:00 AM
"
LeMing wrote:
Acrobatics and phase acrobatics suits very well for elemental patch of this build. Bad thing is that you have to spent lots of points to take it. I will probably take it when I reach level 93. With my current tree/items it don’t have survi problems without it. Ondars guile is much more important imo
Okay and what do you do for chaos resist?
"
Nooobie765 wrote:
is Void Battery good for this build?

No. It has a low chance to score critical strikes, it's slow, and its Power Charge mechanic doesn't work very well since we only end up with five of them.

"
camapngu133 wrote:

1/ Is it good if I spare a 4l to get CoC - EK - Chain - (not sure about 4th slot)? Think I will get double dps.

2/ Stacking life with shadow seems like a bad choice, he is dex/int though, and I never ever played a life base shadow before. Could someone tell me how much life we could have in 80-90 lvl, since we used a lot of non-life uniques.

3/ I'm saving gear for this build, but not sure if I made the right choice or not. Here is what I've bought:

Spoiler

And self found stuff

What are you asking with the first question? Are you wondering if a second CoC link will trigger independently of your primary link? It won't, if that's what you're getting at.

This is the passive tree I use. You can see that it ends up with +246% increased maximum life, which is respectable. Additionally, I use a Lightning Coil and do not use Rat's Nest. I count another +78% nearby to the paths I've taken, so if +246% is insufficient, you could easily take more.

Your gear looks good for the most part. The amulet is good for damage, but not so great for life or resistances. I'd prioritize those over damage.

"
Number_B wrote:
Okay and what do you do for chaos resist?

Rare gear with Chaos resistance.
Last edited by SilkTopHat on Jun 28, 2014, 11:45:38 AM
so which stats is important? physical damage or spell damage?
"
Nooobie765 wrote:
so which stats is important? physical damage or spell damage?

Both, in their proper location.

Weapon damage doesn't matter. You're using Barrage only as an avenue by which you can cast Ethereal Knives more quickly than you could otherwise. As such, local physical damage modifiers on weapons are largely meaningless. You want spell damage wands.

That being said, Ethereal Knives is unique; it's a spell that deals physical damage. As such, generic '+x% increased physical damage' affixes do improve its effectiveness.

You can find generic affixes like this on some belts (The Magnate, the physical version of Doryani's Invitation, and any rustic sash), the Path of the Warrior node, and Oak's reward for helping him in Cruel.

Note that "+x% increased physical damage" on a non-weapon source is not the same as "+x% increased physical damage" on a weapon. When that text appears on a weapon, it applies only to the weapon. Additionally, '+x% increased physical damage with melee attacks', '+x% physical damage with wands', or Physical Projectile Attack Damage do not apply to Ethereal Knives.

In short: if it has any specific descriptors on how you deal the physical damage, you don't want it. Shoot for wands with 10.5% critical strike chance, 1.5 attacks per second, and 50% increased spell damage, or better. Critical strike multiplier and projectile speed are particularly good secondary affixes.
Maybe i'm just too tired to see it, but what is going to be coc on your armor? Everything is support except EK? Unless EK gets cast many more times.

IGNs:
[STANDARD]
@Icemyst
@Hailfire
@Sylixa
"
Kobrakai wrote:
Maybe i'm just too tired to see it, but what is going to be coc on your armor? Everything is support except EK? Unless EK gets cast many more times.

When it chains fully, Barrage scores twelve hits. Each hit can cast Ethereal Knives. Ethereal Knives chains as well.
I'm thinking about switching over elemental with fireball and Arctic Breath. So kind of stats do I need to switch? physical damage from my belt? more spell damage? also I'm considering between voll's protector and lightning coil, I'm more toward lightning coil for survivability but I also need power charge on critical and dont wanna use 2 skills so I think I may get the voll's protector. However if I opt for lightning coil, what are the benefits of it beside physical damage reduction? What should I do to compensate lightning resistance loss?
I thougth EK is physical damage, why carnage heart life leech on physical attache does not apply to EK?

Thanks.

Hope somebody can answer this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info