[1.14B HC/Nemesis] Ninja Crit Caster (5x11.6k FP DPS) [Videos]

Currently I have about 1.7k unreserved, but my gear atm isn't that great, could easily get more +mana on it. Going to buy a lot of upgrades (+Bereks) when nemesis ends. Current equips:

I feel like warping around for the evangelists means I will take forever to kill them with their shields and all, but I will give it a shot. Yeah, I've noticed that they've killed my freeze mines from time to time but most of the time I can get a second one off if the first one fails. Actually surprised you don't recommend this strategy, I actually figured it out by watching some of your videos in which you do the same thing.

Last edited by hatoblue on Feb 12, 2014, 7:12:35 AM
"
hatoblue wrote:
Currently I have about 1.7k unreserved, but my gear atm isn't that great, could easily get more +mana on it. Going to buy a lot of upgrades (+Bereks) when nemesis ends. Current equips:

I feel like warping around for the evangelists means I will take forever to kill them with their shields and all, but I will give it a shot. Yeah, I've noticed that they've killed my freeze mines from time to time but most of the time I can get a second one off if the first one fails. Actually surprised you don't recommend this strategy, I actually figured it out by watching some of your videos in which you do the same thing.

Ya. Another factor that will increase your survivability massively will be lavianga's.

If you're 1-2 shotting them it's actually quite fast. I tend to warp into one of their bubbles, pulse them once, then warp into another, pulse that one, and so on so forth.

I did use it initially, but when my DPS improved I realised it was faster to just warp around one shotting them haha, especially since it was safer than say, trying to freeze an extra substantial phys rare and his gang
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Last edited by Invalesco on Feb 12, 2014, 8:59:46 AM
cute glass cannon
Is it worth forking out the 7 points to get mind over matter if you don't have the armor?
"
Marcp189 wrote:
Is it worth forking out the 7 points to get mind over matter if you don't have the armor?

It's tough to say. I've thought about that. You'll be giving up DPS nodes as well as HP nodes in order to get there. The loss of HP nodes can probably be compensated by getting a nice chest with +life, but the loss of DPS probably not.
Build of the Week 14
So I've started running higher level maps and I'm encountering some difficulties. How do you deal with half regen maps with this build? I tried dropping arctic armour and running two mana flasks, but I still run out of mana constantly and my clear speed is abysmal. My mana regeneration is only 170 mana/sec at this point, will it be easier once I get better gear? Also, I'm guessing you reroll certain map mods like blood magic?

Any advice for dealing with the Villa map boss after your experience against her? I tried kiting her with fire trap but she moves around so fast it's hard to hit her with them. Eventually I had to just call it quits because I ran out of flasks and portals. Also, I had the misfortune to have my first two level 72 maps be Labrinyths; at -20 chaos resist, will I be one shot by the boss?
Last edited by hatoblue on Feb 15, 2014, 2:34:19 AM
"
hatoblue wrote:
So I've started running higher level maps and I'm encountering some difficulties. How do you deal with half regen maps with this build? I tried dropping arctic armour and running two mana flasks, but I still run out of mana constantly and my clear speed is abysmal. My mana regeneration is only 170 mana/sec at this point, will it be easier once I get better gear? Also, I'm guessing you reroll certain map mods like blood magic?

Any advice for dealing with the Villa map boss after your experience against her? I tried kiting her with fire trap but she moves around so fast it's hard to hit her with them. Eventually I had to just call it quits because I ran out of flasks and portals. Also, I had the misfortune to have my first two level 72 maps be Labrinyths; at -20 chaos resist, will I be one shot by the boss?

Yup it'll be easier once you get better gear. For now, you can counter the AA regen by warping around instead of walking around. For me, even though I can outregen AA while walking, I have mana leech linked to my LW so I can warp into packs and leech mana at the same time.

I can actually do blood magic. If I swap my level 20 FP for a level 1, the mana cost is only 24, which isn't much. I can outleech/outregen that easily.

I usually just facetank the villa boss or freeze her. BUT, that only worked 10 times, and the 11th time she crit me with a huge stack of traps and killed me. I would just switch off AA against her and kite her slowly with fire traps, relying on mana regen and life regen.

I wouldn't dare attempt the labyrinth boss with that amount of chaos resist yep.
Build of the Week 14
I didn't think about using mana leech, will give it a try. As for blood magic, I'm sure its possible to just keep using the lvl 20 freeze pulse and still be able to sustain it, but it seems like without any mana to act as a buffer it will be very dangerous for this build. Thanks for the tips as always
Well, I just ripped at lvl 78 to the Jungle Valley map boss with 35% increase damage mod :( Had 13 chaos res and an amethyst flask up, thought I would be okay but once I messed up my perma freeze on the Weaver all the little spiders jumped on me and burst me down before I could react. Nothing against the build though, it was incredibly fun to play although a bit vulnerable against certain types of monsters. Might retry it again after the expansion, or continue playing in softcore, haven't decided yet.
"
hatoblue wrote:
Well, I just ripped at lvl 78 to the Jungle Valley map boss with 35% increase damage mod :( Had 13 chaos res and an amethyst flask up, thought I would be okay but once I messed up my perma freeze on the Weaver all the little spiders jumped on me and burst me down before I could react. Nothing against the build though, it was incredibly fun to play although a bit vulnerable against certain types of monsters. Might retry it again after the expansion, or continue playing in softcore, haven't decided yet.

its a glass cannon, eva / acro builds dont belong in hc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info