Sales of Closed Beta kiwi packs end two hours before Open Beta

Hey everyone,

Abusive behavior in the forums isn't tolerated and is dealt with quickly when found. So keep it civil, and just keep calm and carry on.

Enjoy Open beta!

Regards,
Mike
To be honest, I think the frogs are better looking pets than all but the diamond kiwi. Perhaps you do not like frogs, don't frett, more pets will be added over time. The intention of Kiwis as an incentive for early support (see: CB only) was clearly conveyed in the announcements, and even long before hand when the supporter packs were first introduced.

I can see how this could be an issue for some late arrivals, especially considering how busy life can be. But this is hardly the most important matter in life, and given your posts last page I am inclined to believe you are just trolling for attention. Racism? Really? I may be mistaken, but I am certain I am not the only one. Perhaps, if you are truly just stressing out, then you can tone it down in your posts and engage in civil discourse. There may be a resolution to this yet, but certainly not if you keep posting as you have.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
I just want to say AMAZING work on the opening day, GGG. DL was a bit slower, but there was absolutely no problems with the servers, no queues for me, no lags, no disconnects, just a real pleasure playing this great game.

Now, off to 8h work shift, and then we have 3 days PoE extravaganza.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
I agree with RMJ...to pull the packs with such short notice is not very bright. It may have been obvious if you followed the game closely, but it certainly wasn't obvious otherwise. I came here this morning with the intent to buy a pack (silver or gold or whatever the middle ones were)...then I found this.

It leaves such a bad taste, that like RMJ I doubt I will give them any money.

Yes, I know the devout will mock and insult me for not knowing, but it's still money out of GGGs pocket.
What have you become when even nightmares fear you?
i hope you dont find my post racist, if you plx PM me and ill delete it *wink at RMJ*

it wasnt pulled with a short notice, eversince kiwis were introduced GGG said its CB thing only, it was mentioned EVERYWHERE even in trailer that was released week before OB. Its not devs fault you failed to follow this news. You got only yourself to blame
"
species258 wrote:
i hope you dont find my post racist, if you plx PM me and ill delete it *wink at RMJ*

it wasnt pulled with a short notice, eversince kiwis were introduced GGG said its CB thing only, it was mentioned EVERYWHERE even in trailer that was released week before OB. Its not devs fault you failed to follow this news. You got only yourself to blame

I think the fact that the kiwi packs were being pulled *2 HOURS* before closed beta ended was announced on short notice. I actually logged into the website and shop 5-10 minutes before OB launched on the verge of buying another Diamond Pack only to find then and there that the option wasn't available. This week has been very busy in real life for me so I haven't been able to follow every last minute announcement leading up to OB, but unless there were announcements before the post yesterday and Chris' brief mention in a thread the day before, then yes it was really announced on short notice.

People can argue that anyone buying a support pack of any flavor should be paying closer attention to the forums and posts, but I'm not sure that's entirely fair. I've sunk a lot of time into this game and followed forum posts that were interesting to me for a variety of reasons, but the first time I saw anything indicating that Diamond Packs would be unavailable starting 2 hours before OB launch was when I tried to buy one 5 minutes before what I thought was the deadline. My fault? Perhaps, though I'm not sure what else would be expected of me to know that a deadline that was generally stated as the end of CB was actually two hours before the end of CB. The silver lining for me is that I already have a Diamond - for anyone who missed out completely because of this I think it really sucks.

And in case anyone misunderstands the tone of my post, I don't think this was in any way intentional or malicious. It's just a slight oversight (IMO) to not plaster it in big, bold letters so even less involved or otherwise busy players would notice it. Regardless though, the lead-up to and launch of OB went pretty great I think!

Edit: Also, if you really feel like this messed up getting a supporter pack for you you can always email support. They may say no, but I've nothing but good interactions with everyone at GGG!
Last edited by krakerman on Jan 24, 2013, 10:22:40 PM
"
krakerman wrote:
Edit: Also, if you really feel like this messed up getting a supporter pack for you you can always email support. They may say no, but I've nothing but good interactions with everyone at GGG!

I was going to suggest this, but bottom line is they have to at some point say no, and at some point players will be disappointed. To offer an extension to even a single player after the deadline actually would be bad business, as that would weaken the purpose of the deadline and invite much more flaming over the matter. But GGG's support seems to be super awesome, so if its done in private, who knows :)
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
CanHasPants wrote:
"
krakerman wrote:

I was going to suggest this, but bottom line is they have to at some point say no, and at some point players will be disappointed. To offer an extension to even a single player after the deadline actually would be bad business, as that would weaken the purpose of the deadline and invite much more flaming over the matter. But GGG's support seems to be super awesome, so if its done in private, who knows :)

Yup, I agree. And the worst they will say is "no." That said, I won't personally be bugging them about it :)
Slept in and missed out on silver Kiwi.

I am heartbroken.
I'm a new player trying to learn as much as I can about Path of Exile! Feel free to add me in game and socialize.
"
sYkoDe4d wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Yes, they work on those weapons too.

are shoe special effects in work to? Would love to leave a trail of ice, fire, acid etc. behind me when i walk around :D

Oh, now THAT is a good idea! :)
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info