The Hobbit 2 - The decapitations and Smaug

1) plot hole

2) in the book the spiders speak English

3) filler. Tell me more about it. I have an interest in interracial .... Heh heh
Dear GGG, please make Mac version
I strongly disliked it for the same reason I disliked the first one. It was my own fault really. I knew they were turning into an "epic" LOTR style movie series, which totally puts me to sleep.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
It was pretty good, and probably the best movie 2013 so far.

However 2013 was a shitty year anyway. 99% sucked. Hopefully 2014 gonna be better.
It's not that he goes away from the book alot. I never dislike those things.... If you only can do a good job while you're at it.

This is a real spoiler guys. >SPOILER ALERT<

Spoiler
The dragon scene.... It felt like half of the movie. Smaug Could've killed all of the dwarfs multiple times and i hate those overdone "scare" situations in movies to give it more of a thrill.... But this was just soooooooooooooooo over the top in that aspect. Like the first movie with every close to death scene. :D
When a banker jumps out of a window, jump after him, that's where the money is.
Love Tolkien, but what they did to the Hobbit makes me puke. Seriously, just look at the damn book, it is probably third of any tome of the trilogy. But no, why make a nice fantasy movie when you can make "EPIC EPIC EPIC" movie? MOAR 3D, MOAR effects, MOAR!!!! One can truly die of boredom. Meh, sorry guys but as you can see I am terribly disappointed. But hey, what did I expect? Right?

I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
"
cronk wrote:
"
velrac wrote:

When my wife and I left the movie theater she asked me what parts in the movie was from the book. My answer was his name was Bard and he carried a black bow.

Awesome! Someone who actually knows the book well!

Come on then, give us a list, you know you want to! (and I want you to as I don't know all the differences either...)

Well a couple of the biggest differences are:
Spoiler
The elves didn't save the dwarves from the spiders. Bilbo did it on his own.
Bilbo didn't need the ring to understand the spiders speech.
It actually took several days of sneaking around for Bilbo to get the dwarves freed from the wood elves.
There was no budding love relationship between the wood elf captain and Kelli(sp) the dwarf.
There was no orc/elf/dwarf battle on the river when the dwarves were escaping the wood elves.
The dwarves did not sneak into Lake Town. They landed on the shore and Thorin Oakenshield as he was stumbling out of the sealed barrel fell to the sand announcing the king under the mountain has returned.
There was no orc attack on Lake Town and of course none of the dwarves were left behind in Lake Town. Also of course since there never was a battle on the river Kelli(sp) was not injured and near death. Also since there was no love story the elf captain did not stay to heal him.
Bilbo actually snuck down into the mountain twice and returned with items here had recovered.On the third time Bilbo went into the mountain was when he woke Smaug.
The dwarves never fought Smaug in the mountain. That whole 30 minute fight was completely made up.
Smaug was not fought using Ballista. Also the black arrow that was handed down to Bard was for his longbow not a friggin Ballista.
Gandalf did not go into Dol Guldur on his own to force out Sauron. It took the entire wizard council to force Sauron to show himself. Gandalf was of course also not captured. And of course none of that happened in The Hobbit.

Well that is couple of the biggest differences that I can remember off the top of my head.

Luke: Sorry we have to leave you here, but it just ain't right to eat your wife's and daughter's brains. Plus you're really disgusting and I don't want to spend anymore time with you.
Last edited by velrac on Dec 19, 2013, 5:15:52 AM
"
velrac wrote:
Spoiler
"
cronk wrote:
"
velrac wrote:

When my wife and I left the movie theater she asked me what parts in the movie was from the book. My answer was his name was Bard and he carried a black bow.

Come on then, give us a list, you know you want to! (and I want you to as I don't know all the differences either...)

Spoiler
It actually took several days of sneaking around for Bilbo to get the dwarves freed from the wood elves.
There was no budding love relationship between the wood elf captain and Kelli(sp) the dwarf.
There was no orc/elf/dwarf battle on the river when the dwarves were escaping the wood elves.
The dwarves did not sneak into Lake Town. They landed on the shore and Thorin Oakenshield as he was stumbling out of the sealed barrel fell to the sand announcing the king under the mountain has returned.
There was no orc attack on Lake Town and of course none of the dwarves were left behind in Lake Town. Also of course since there never was a battle on the river Kelli(sp) was not injured and near death. Also since there was no love story the elf captain did not stay to heal him.
Bilbo actually snuck down into the mountain twice and returned with items here had recovered.On the third time Bilbo went into the mountain was when he woke Smaug.
The dwarves never fought Smaug in the mountain. That whole 30 minute fight was completely made up.
Smaug was not fought using Ballista. Also the black arrow that was handed down to Bard was for his longbow not a friggin Ballista.
Gandalf did not go into Dol Guldur on his own to force out Sauron. It took the entire wizard council to force Sauron to show himself. Gandalf was of course also not captured. And of course none of that happened in The Hobbit.

Well that is couple of the biggest differences that I can remember off the top of my head.

Gandalfs scene:

Light ball expands - > Lightball contracts - > Faceshot - > Lightball expands - > Lightball contracts - > Faceshot - > Lightball expands - > Lightball contracts - > Faceshot - > He gets defeated.

Massive waste of time.

“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
velrac wrote:
"
cronk wrote:
"
velrac wrote:

Spoiler

Ah, thought as much. I'd heard the love interest, orcs, smaug battle and Gandalf battle were all made up - that pretty much confirms it.

That's a bit of a shame that, I personally felt the orcs were unnecessary. But I did quite like the other bits.

It would have been fun to see the entire wizard council.

Also, I heard that Jackson was including as many bits from Silmarillion as he could as he doesn't think he'll make that film - was the Sauron battle from Slmarillion?
Good movie, but nothing compared to LOTR
Smaug was too cartoony.

WTf was gandalf doing fighting Sauron... he is not allowed to fight him.

bought it... :P
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info