[1.0.6] Poison arrow/fire trap EB MoM degen build (Cheap and effective and BUFFED CRAZILY IN 1.0.6)

"
TravisL wrote:
since you running poison arrow and fire trap at the same time, why not link poison arrow to trap gem then focus on trap dmg, the trap gives 30%ish dmg multiplier,it's a huge dps boost, so it's much more efficient to go dot cluster with trap dmg nodes than your way of getting all the chaos/dot dmg, not to mention the flexibility you get from all sorts of traps to use.

and also ,why poison arrow + conc effect, that's just dumb, dmg from poison arrow depends on gem level and how long you can keep the monsters inside the "poison cloud", the reason poison arrow builds are offenly tanky as hell is because you are circling most of the time and you will get hit constantly

logical people would use poison arrow+increased aoe+increased duration+slower projectile+trap (since most people cannot afford even one empower, you listed 2 in this build guide is really not thoughtful)

in my opinion this is a halfway build needs quite some improvement work to be done.

Maybe because he doesn't want to play a trapper? What kind of question is that?

Trapping is a very valid playstyle - it can obviously buff up the tooltip DPS of basically any ranged attack. The tradeoff is a markedly different playstyle, which some people can deal with and other people can't. Watch a bit of his stream and you'll see that running Poison Trap wouldn't be at all conducive to his playstyle, and would slow down his clear speed significantly.

I also don't understand why you'd say that it's a "halfway build" in need of improvement. Have you seen this guy's stream? He started Nemesis quite literally two days ago, leveled solely with this PA spec, and he's now level 80 cruising through maps. Level 80 Nemesis within two days doesn't seem like a halfway build in need of improvement to me. Maybe your standards are higher? Feel free to share your own accomplishments.
Last edited by Languidness on Dec 16, 2013, 10:58:07 PM
"
TravisL wrote:

and also ,why poison arrow + conc effect, that's just dumb, dmg from poison arrow depends on gem level and how long you can keep the monsters inside the "poison cloud", the reason poison arrow builds are offenly tanky as hell is because you are circling most of the time and you will get hit constantly

logical people would use poison arrow+increased aoe+increased duration+slower projectile+trap (since most people cannot afford even one empower, you listed 2 in this build guide is really not thoughtful)

Conc Effect is 70% free "more" damage. It's not exactly difficult to keep mobs in your cloud. Not to mention the guy's running a Carcass Jack with a 10q Poison Arrow, which exactly cancels out Conc Effect's decreased AOE.

Also, while you may have to conserve your Poison Clouds if you're trapping due to cooldown issues, that's hardly the case if you're running traditional Poison Arrow. If a mob exits your cloud, you just shoot another one. It's not that hard.

There are build guides that list items like Shav's as requirements, and you're bitching about a gem that costs 4 chaos? You may as well go boycott every build that runs Multistrike and CWDT.
Last edited by Languidness on Dec 16, 2013, 11:09:56 PM
"
Oachkazl wrote:
When exactly should i go to grab the scion area? Before taking the path to EB?

He went for Scion path at 70+.
What I recall from his stream:
Started Ranger
Went for all DOT/Chaos nodes while grabbing any Life nodes on the way
Took Aura nodes
Grabbed Golem's Blood and the life nodes above it
EB at around 60
MOM at around 70
Began working into Scion HP Ring
"
Languidness wrote:
"
Oachkazl wrote:
When exactly should i go to grab the scion area? Before taking the path to EB?

He went for Scion path at 70+.
What I recall from his stream:
Started Ranger
Went for all DOT/Chaos nodes while grabbing any Life nodes on the way
Took Aura nodes
Grabbed Golem's Blood and the life nodes above it
EB at around 60
MOM at around 70
Began working into Scion HP Ring

This guy is spot on
IGN : @Supernico

http://www.twitch.tv/nicosuper
Why none of the evasion nodes taken? Not needed?
Getting +90% evasion with just 5 nodes dosn't seem like a bad skill investment, but maybe I am missing something.

How much mana you need for Discipline to be viable?

Also, I hve a 5L white bow (probably the only 5L item I found and was able to loot in over 1k hours of playtime), but with ilvl of only 60, which means it cannot roll +2 bow skills - is it worth to try and chaos it to get two +1 skill suffixes (one for bow and one for all gems), or just alt it to get one +1 skill suffix?
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Dec 17, 2013, 1:29:58 PM
"
Why none of the evasion nodes taken? Not needed?
Getting +90% evasion with just 5 nodes dosn't seem like a bad skill investment, but maybe I am missing something.

How much mana you need for Discipline to be viable?

Also, I hve a 5L white bow (probably the only 5L item I found and was able to loot in over 1k hours of playtime), but with ilvl of only 60, which means it cannot roll +2 bow skills - is it worth to try and chaos it to get two +1 skill suffixes (one for bow and one for all gems), or just alt it to get one +1 skill suffix?

don't try to roll +1/+1 , too hard. buy another bow (+1/+1 if you don't have enough for +2/+1) and just get it 4linked , damage boost for 5L is nice but not insane either

And no evasion nodes cause not enough points , I value life over armor because imo elemental damage is more dangerous , especially lightning
IGN : @Supernico

http://www.twitch.tv/nicosuper
hi man can u check out mine

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAdEEfgX5FSAV8BjbGbQa2xzcI_YkPCaVJ6kppSpNLOktRzGeNZI6WD8nRZZJE0lRSn1KyEwyTeNOKlBCUq9TNVVLVvpaSFpSWm1br2egZ_xtbG17bqp0QXaCfVt_xocZh3aI8YngjDaNfpLNkx-XBptdm7WhIqJAplenXKiarEesWa1Kr-u00bVItfK3trtNvqfAD8M6xKLIDMrTzSbNmNJN3Q3dX97G4oDmWOpi6yzsGO4O7_Dyl_T4-WP6sfzF_o8bARn-_sgtgxmK

"
arinarm506 wrote:
hi man can u check out mine

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAdEEfgX5FSAV8BjbGbQa2xzcI_YkPCaVJ6kppSpNLOktRzGeNZI6WD8nRZZJE0lRSn1KyEwyTeNOKlBCUq9TNVVLVvpaSFpSWm1br2egZ_xtbG17bqp0QXaCfVt_xocZh3aI8YngjDaNfpLNkx-XBptdm7WhIqJAplenXKiarEesWa1Kr-u00bVItfK3trtNvqfAD8M6xKLIDMrTzSbNmNJN3Q3dX97G4oDmWOpi6yzsGO4O7_Dyl_T4-WP6sfzF_o8bARn-_sgtgxmK

Not nearly enough max life.
MoM is a great node, I was surprised by how much more damage a character can take with it.
On merciless it becomes almost impossible to die if you play carefully enough.
The only downside is a high mana regen requirement. Probably going to get Atziri's Foible for it.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Just started the build and I really like it. Thing is I feel like I wanna prioritize Damage nodes, damage seems pretty low; I guess this will get better with the links.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info