[1.0.6] Poison arrow/fire trap EB MoM degen build (Cheap and effective and BUFFED CRAZILY IN 1.0.6)

Sup guys, Just started this build & it's working out really good so far. Currently Lvl 54 Merci,Act 2 & I just feel like I have to share my mana-expensive fast impatient way of clearing creeps/bosses.

After PA + Fire Trapping Creeps I then use:

(4L Quill Rain) Split Arrow > Culling Strike > Pierce/FasterAttacks/LMP > Chain

So monster's don't just melt they disappear now. Will probably switch to +2 Bow at 64.
Last edited by NZBlob on Dec 22, 2013, 6:25:36 PM
How long will a silverbranch bow last?
Until u can get a +1/+1 bow.
Please forgive my ignorance, but why Culling Strike on poison arrow?
Culling strike is good on poison arrow because a leveled gem will increase the poison damage by a sizeable amount.

If anyone wants a bow that's perfect for this build, I have one that's 5L for 4 exalts. PM me if you want to buy:

IGN: tny
Hi there. I have been playing this build to lvl 38 and I must say I feel the damage is extremely low.

My links:
Fire trap + Chance to ignite + Elemental proliferation + increased burning damage
Poisen arrow + Concentrated effect + culling strike + slower projectiles (in a silverbranch).

No empowers yet.

Am I doing this right? Will the damage ever become somewhat impressive or this build just a bit more of a defensive archer?
Last edited by Frankenberry on Dec 26, 2013, 5:21:24 PM
Christ, the prices on +1/+1 bows... 15 chaos minimum :(.
If you have one at a decent price , I imagine it would be @ 5 chaos, contact me IGN ACow.
i am currently planning a similar build but instead of shooting i wanted to take poison arrow linked to trap gem and then make use of the trap nodes, would that work ?
my concentrated effect doesnt seem to increase my chaos dot damage from poison arrow? why is this not working? or does it not show up on the tooltip
I was thinking of using Lightning Coil with this build, and swapping out discipline (?) for purity of lightning, possibly in an alphas howl. Getting capped resists AND enough mana/regen could be quite a challenge, but LC + AA and MoM would provide an insane amount of phys reduction. Any thoughts on this?
Last edited by Johnny_Annihilation on Dec 29, 2013, 10:18:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info